• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,084 posts in this topic

" bought it this summer...I have several other copies, but will likely only keep one (unless I get an offer I can't refuse lol ), and this one seems to be getting a LOT of interest, so I doubt it will remain in my possession too much longer hm"

Great book. (thumbs u

I just bought this book.

captamcomics18cgc5.0.jpg

Not trying to compare books but.... I'm curious as to which of us will be out of their position quicker? :baiting:

I am not in any hurry :baiting:

The Black Fury/Miss Fury pages are from the Sunday Mirror, New York City edition. The Sunday Mirror headlined Superman on the front page with Miss Fury part of ten other strips. When they were reprinted in Miss Fury 1 some of the more risque panels were redrawn or eliminated altogether (like the bathtub panel in the 4/27/1941 edition).

Thanks for the info (thumbs u

Do you have any idea how many papers nationally ran Miss Fury?

I don't know how many papers ran Miss Fury. I do know the strip started on April 6, 1941 and she replaced Tarzan, at least in the Sunday Mirror. I know this because a dealer had many Sunday Mirror sections through March 30, 1941 and they all had Tarzan. After March 30, no Tarzan and Miss Fury took his place. I have only seen Miss Fury in the Sunday Mirror, never seen her published anywhere else. Each Sunday Mirror page has 11 panels of Miss Fury. If you count the panels in Miss Fury 1, you can almost pipoint the 1941 Sunday Section it originally appeared in.

great looking 3.0...

cap1cgc30.jpg

Is that yours Gator?

why yes...yes it is ;)

WOW! When did you get it?

bought it this summer...I have several other copies, but will likely only keep one (unless I get an offer I can't refuse lol ), and this one seems to be getting a LOT of interest, so I doubt it will remain in my possession too much longer hm

Brokest man in comics scores again! :applause:

great looking 3.0...

cap1cgc30.jpg

Is that yours Gator?

why yes...yes it is ;)

bought it this summer...I have several other copies, but will likely only keep one (unless I get an offer I can't refuse lol ), and this one seems to be getting a LOT of interest, so I doubt it will remain in my possession too much longer hm

:acclaim:

great looking 3.0...

cap1cgc30.jpg

Is that yours Gator?

why yes...yes it is ;)

:news: Rick has a boy crush on Ethan Hawke :news:

great looking 3.0...

cap1cgc30.jpg

Is that yours Gator?

why yes...yes it is ;)

:news: Rick has a boy crush on Ethan Hawke :news:

HBD ro !

" bought it this summer...I have several other copies, but will likely only keep one (unless I get an offer I can't refuse lol ), and this one seems to be getting a LOT of interest, so I doubt it will remain in my possession too much longer hm"

Great book. (thumbs u

I just bought this book.

captamcomics18cgc5.0.jpg

Not trying to compare books but.... I'm curious as to which of us will be out of their position quicker? :baiting:

Great cover, great mid grade! (thumbs u

2 comments: Mystic 2 - one of the all-time-great 'second banana' anthologies. I still remember Rob Goulart's succinct description of Dynamic Man as 'anything but'... of course this copy is very clean and bright and the cover is superb GA!

great MM cover debate: I go with Primetime that the 7 is special- even the goofy sidebar that many no doubt downgrade it for ain't so bad. Good things: nice mini-dress, helmet, tinted legs etc; hypo (??!!@#$%&*); nice Torch pose (echoing the #1 cov) with melting metal and rising water- this one seems to throw in the narrative hook that it's an elaborate trap...

Did some good old fashioned horse trading today, and picked up these 2 books:

Schomburg is a god-

Mystic2.jpg

Did you just print that?

No because if I had, the book would have White Pages - this copy has only Off-White to White Pages. :insane: