• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

i surmise that torch and subby were working security at first national bank and second national bank, respectively, and the baddies figured they'd have an easier time of it with cap and bucky at the tnb.

Here's a pick-up from last night (borrowing the seller's scan since the auction just ended).

While not HG, this is the book that pulled me into the GA so I wanted to snag one since they infrequently come up for sale... :cloud9:

ScreenHunter_43Jul090758.jpg

Edited by Moetown

Was Schomburg the only guy who knew the secret of how our flame-buoyant hero expanded his size at will? hm

I bet Mrs Torch knew :whistle:

oh, goodness.

Someone needs to inform Mrs. Torch that she's married to an android. :o

Here's a pick-up from last night (borrowing the seller's scan since the auction just ended).

While not HG, this is the book that pulled me into the GA so I wanted to snag one since they infrequently come up for sale... :cloud9:

Beeeee-eautiful book, Moetown! :applause:

It slipped my mind that Cap & Subby could expand their size at will too. doh!

Schomburg apparently liked thinking BIG for heroes. You frequently see Cap, Torch and Subby during the war years battling hordes of pint-sized baddies, sorta like Orkin going after a nest of termites.

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Very nice book. It seems to have great colors. Lots of action to this cover.

Very nice! 6.0 is a great grade in my opinion. (thumbs u

that book would have looked great in my 6,7,8, 10 mini run (all cgc 6.0)...too bad I missed it :cry:

Thanks guys for the compliments; I appreciate it... Now that you mention it Cat, Subby is 1/2 the size of the u-boat. :sumo:

Can't wait to get the book :cloud9: as it's already shipped, and you're right Straw, our books are very similar (great book, btw, and AW9 is an awesome cover ~ one of my favs). (thumbs u

Gator - I'll trade you this book to complete your '6.0 mini-run' for one of those books on your wall of 'GA goodness' you showed in another thread :baiting:

[Ok, maybe I'll have to throw in another book or ten.. :tonofbricks:.]

Edited by Moetown

I haven't posted anything for awhile so I thought I would post a few books!

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Gorgeous book! Love robot covers; although, the Cap #32 is an all-time favorite! (thumbs u

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Gorgeous book! Love robot covers; although, the Cap #32 is an all-time favorite! (thumbs u

I agree! I've also loved CA #32 and #37!!!

002.jpg

Looks like we have consecutive issues from the same collection. Note the penciled "B" on the "M" of America.

DSC02992.jpg