• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

I was having a bit of fun posting images from our tour of Europe, but alas, we start home tomorrow. I've decided to cease posting tour images here because it has come to my attention that at least one individual was personally offended and has chosen to selectively ignore my posts. I've reciprocated by placing him on ignore for that reason, but I still have no clue what I did that offended him. I guess there's no figuring why folks take a personal dislike to others. For the record, I'm very sorry if anyone else was offended or taken aback by my posts. It was all intended in fun.

No one's offended by your posts per se, but sacentaur and I are tired of you spamming the boards with pictures of yourself. These are the CGC boards, not the Robert Cat Conrad Paean to Narcissism Flickr site where only people you invite to look at the pictures are subjected to them.

Some of us are here for pics of comics and discussion about comics, and shouldn't be forced to wade through pic after pic of you. A few pics by any member is fine, but you've taken this to an extreme and I'm jealous. I haven't been laid since 2003 and when it comes to the number of pics posted by any member of him/herself, you must be ahead of whoever's in second place by hundreds. If your groupies on these boards love to see your face so much, just PM the pics to them.

FIXED! (thumbs u

Some of us are here for pics of comics and discussion about comics, and shouldn't be forced to wade through pic after pic of you. A few pics by any member is fine, but you've taken this to an extreme. I've been on the Boards since 2003 and when it comes to the number of pics posted by any member of him/herself, you must be ahead of whoever's in second place by hundreds.

There is an alternative - open up a separate travel thread (here or in the Water Cooler) and post pics to his heart's delight. I agree Tim, it has reached the point of spam (I'm sorry to say) with the sheer volume and being spread out.

I'm reminded of the old one about the neighbors down the street who suddenly keep going door-to-door exuberant to show-off hundreds of slides of their family vacation while you're watching the game or eating dinner. Good intentions, bad results.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I choose both....

:facepalm:

6bdaccc8.jpg

I was having a bit of fun posting images from our tour of Europe, but alas, we start home tomorrow. I've decided to cease posting tour images here because it has come to my attention that at least one individual was personally offended and has chosen to selectively ignore my posts. I've reciprocated by placing him on ignore for that reason, but I still have no clue what I did that offended him. I guess there's no figuring why folks take a personal dislike to others. For the record, I'm very sorry if anyone else was offended or taken aback by my posts. It was all intended in fun.

:sorry:

Nah, it just makes you a human. It's sometimes nice to know a real person is posting those comics. Not just some sort of sophisticated computer algorithm taunting me with all of my hopes and dreams. :cool:

This is what makes the boards fun.

It wasn't me! I can't ignore you Cat (thumbs u

No one's offended by your posts per se, but sacentaur and I are tired of you spamming the boards with pictures of yourself. These are the CGC boards, not the Bobby Conrad Paean to Narcissism Flickr site where only people you invite to look at the pictures are subjected to them.

Some of us are here for pics of comics and discussion about comics, and shouldn't be forced to wade through pic after pic of you. A few pics by any member is fine, but you've taken this to an extreme and I'm jealous. I haven't been laid since 2003 and when it comes to the number of pics posted by any member of him/herself, you must be ahead of whoever's in second place by hundreds. If your groupies on these boards love to see your face so much, just PM the pics to them.

FIXED! (thumbs u

You're going to stop the spam? (thumbs u

P.S.--for someone who's supposedly a grown man, you're acting pretty childish.

Edited by tth2

I choose both....

6bdaccc8.jpg

Well, whoever did that was silly. I enjoyed seeing you in Germany with the Mystic Comic. Post what you want; just make sure you have a Timely in the picture with you! :devil:

I've enjoyed the pictures,the backgrounds are interesting,.but I think people quote the pictures and it makes it SEEM like more...maybe we could have a quote moratorium, and just quote comics for a few weeks, till everyone (as my daughter would say) learns to chillax? :foryou:

Now I have to go figure out who "bobby" is, I guess I missed all that...or I didn't;)

I've enjoyed the pictures,the backgrounds are interesting,.but I think people quote the pictures and it makes it SEEM like more...maybe we could have a quote moratorium, and just quote comics for a few weeks, till everyone (as my daughter would say) learns to chillax? :foryou:

Now I have to go figure out who "bobby" is, I guess I missed all that...or I didn't;)

OK, I'll bite too. Who's Bobby?

I think people quote the pictures and it makes it SEEM like more...

Good point, Sharon - even scrolling past them became tedious.

It's a matter of simple courtesy, really. Someone got put on Ignore and took umbrage. Things went downhill from there. And here we are.

It's a matter of simple courtesy, really. Someone got put on Ignore and took umbrage. Things went downhill from there. And here we are.

I haven't taken umbrage since high school. Crazy days.

I haven't taken umbrage since high school. Crazy days.

Arrrrrrgh! :facepalm: FTR, I only take my umbrage out when it's raining. ;)

I meant it when I indicated that I was sorry if anyone was offended or taken aback by my linking images of our trip. Most comments about my linking tour images have been supportive and favorable.

Here is the story from my perspective (in spoilers so no one is forced to read it)...

The reason things went downhill is that one gentleman started making public comments on my posted images after setting my posts on ignore. That's truly bad form IMO. Truth is, I was unaware that I'd had this dubious honor bestowed upon me until I tried to include him in a PM to several friends on the boards. IOW, I thought he was kidding around and had taken his remarks in the spirit I'd thought he intended. Maybe it's just me, but I'd never make snarky remarks in a public forum about someone after placing them on ignore. That kind of selective use of the forum tool is little more than trolling

Some of us are here for pics of comics and discussion about comics, and shouldn't be forced to wade through pic after pic of you. A few pics by any member is fine, but you've taken this to an extreme. I've been on the Boards since 2003 and when it comes to the number of pics posted by any member of him/herself, you must be ahead of whoever's in second place by hundreds. If your groupies on these boards love to see your face so much, just PM the pics to them.

Ouch! I haven't read such a display of man's inhumanity to man since this.

I'm not a groupie but I do enjoy the injection of personality in some of the posts. It's the give-and-take joviality here that set these forums apart from other comics forums. I think a bit of digression is inherent...whether you like it or not.

Newsfeed forums (which this is an example) are similar in some ways to playing digital CDs. When someone inexplicably drops something you find to be a steamer in the middle of an otherwise sequence of digital agreeableness, you can aways fast-forward past it. Thankfully, this is what the "ignore" function and the “skip” button is all about.

Anyhow, I don't find Cat's posts to be spam. They certainly contribute to my enjoyment of the forums (though he needs to work on his puns sometimes). (thumbs u :P

I choose both....

6bdaccc8.jpg

Nah, it just makes you a human. It's sometimes nice to know a real person is posting those comics. Not just some sort of sophisticated computer algorithm taunting me with all of my hopes and dreams. :cool:

This is what makes the boards fun.

It wasn't me! I can't ignore you Cat (thumbs u

:roflmao::acclaim:

Richard, you're my favorite sophisticated computer algorithm! :foryou:

Bobby is a common nickname for Robert (cat's name...I'm not spilling anything here). And before you ask who cat is... lol

Bobby is a common nickname for Robert (cat's name...I'm not spilling anything here). And before you ask who cat is... lol

Thanks:) I figured it out, after I posted, I had only remembered the "Cat" part...just thought the post referred to, two different people.

Thanks:) I figured it out, after I posted, I had only remembered the "Cat" part...just thought the post referred to, two different people.

Don't say that - you might get two sets of pictures lol

Don't say that - you might get two sets of pictures lol

:whistle:

img_AW21_143-1.jpg

:devil:

img_AW21_143-1.jpg