• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Bought this on a whim because I’m a nut for war covers. This is the only hero in my collection that wears striped pants.

serious question: how big is the collector base for this character and/or title?

953897DB-FC42-4FFE-85D8-B05AD565DF75.jpeg

I would think there's a decent market for the title being an old Timely, especially this one with a war cover (even though it's not Schomburg), but there's probably not a lot of excitement around the character or he'd still be around.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, Figment said:

I would think there's a decent market for the title being an old Timely, especially this one with a war cover (even though it's not Schomburg), but there's probably not a lot of excitement around the character or he'd still be around.

Right. An interesting footnote is this appears to be one of Stan Lee’s first creations. Where’s Kirby and Ditko when you need em?

On 1/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Bought this on a whim because I’m a nut for war covers. This is the only hero in my collection that wears striped pants.

serious question: how big is the collector base for this character and/or title?

Those are tough i think you did a smart purchase (thumbsu

On 1/28/2022 at 9:19 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The title is in demand more than the character, but that is mostly to do with the great covers in that run, including (without question) this one.

On 1/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, sagii said:

@MrBedrock Not asking you to name them, but do you have a Top 10 favorite books in your collection? 

I think I could narrow it down to 10. It might be tough though.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:41 PM, MrBedrock said:
  1. Mystic 1 (for personal reasons)
  2. Great 3
  3. Single Series 20
  4. Silver Streak 6
  5. More Fun 65
  6. Wonderworld 7
  7. Mysterymen 10
  8. Action 12
  9. Marvel Mystery 46
  10. Zip 9

Superb list and there's even a crossover as we both would place Marvel Mystery #46 on our Top 10 faves list. I'd include at least one Lou Fine cover and a Jack Cole Silver Streak cover, but #7 edges out #6 for me.  

Anyway, all are awesome picks; you have excellent taste! :cheers:

On 1/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, MrBedrock said:
  1. Mystic 1 (for personal reasons)
  2. Great 3
  3. Single Series 20
  4. Silver Streak 6
  5. More Fun 65
  6. Wonderworld 7
  7. Mysterymen 10
  8. Action 12
  9. Marvel Mystery 46
  10. Zip 9

:applause:Great list Mr. B, and you have amazing copies of all!