• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Gracias then! :foryou:

...and the gift keeps giving. Buying the USA #11 enabled me to sell another Timely book (formerly owned by Primetime :gossip: ) to a fellow boardie!

GE

AW 9? hm

(thumbs u That gorgeous 6.0 copy too..miss it already but glad to help a fellow boardie trying to complete the AW run.

Now I have 3,7,9,10,11(almost),12, 15 . Thanks again Dino!

that was my ole AW 9 Wes, and Dr. Franks previously...very nice copy...Should be a 7.0+ if not for the staple holes in the upper left (likely a FILE copy)..congrats

...and the gift keeps giving. Buying the USA #11 enabled me to sell another Timely book (formerly owned by Primetime :gossip: ) to a fellow boardie!

GE

AW 9? hm

(thumbs u That gorgeous 6.0 copy too..miss it already but glad to help a fellow boardie trying to complete the AW run.

that was my ole AW 9 Wes, and Dr. Franks previously...very nice copy...Should be a 7.0+ if not for the staple holes in the upper left (likely a FILE copy)..congrats

:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: I don't know this person here above me. My old copy was a CGC 9.9 :kidaround:

GE

AW 9? hm

:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: I don't know this person here above me. My old copy was a CGC 9.9 :kidaround:

:blahblah:

GE

AW 9? hm

ha! my current copy is a 11.70, so there!

GE

AW 9? hm

ha! my current copy is a 11.70, so there!

typical gator b.s.--i've seen the book and doubt it's over 11.5.

I have a Cap 47 that has those staple marks. Did they staple them together? How did such a mark occur???

I'd like to thank MrBedrock for all his help with this book. I bought this book raw from Richard without seeing it in person. Richard judged the book to be about a VG. He prepped the mylar for the Signature Series signing and lugged the book with him all the way to the Baltimore-Con for drop-off with Sean (NYComics) for the signing at Joe Simon's home. As you can see, Richard nailed the grade, and I'm pretty pleased with the end result (it even kind of glows now).

Frisco-Man and Xavier Logan both claim to be past owners of this book, so the book seems to keep finding its way back to this neck of the woods.

Cap10JS.jpg

It's true. It went from him to me, then back to him, then to Ricky. Now to you. The next question is: who are YOU going to sell it to?? (I'm interested ......)

I think it's my turn next :sumo:

I have a Cap 47 that has those staple marks. Did they staple them together? How did such a mark occur???

*********************************************************************************************************

Wes, FILE copies (to my knowledge), were copies the publisher (Timely) kept on file and were not distributed for sale to the public. They would staple a small piece of paper to the upper left corner of the FC that said FILE COPY on it. The book was then filed away. For what purpose? I'm not sure. Maybe for record keeping? I am sure Gator Rick, West, Dr. Frank, Mr. B, Parker and a countless other boardees can add/subtract more details :)

Edited by Primetime

thanks go to a boardie for putting me into this upgrade. thanks, sir. the old undercopy will be in the forum shortly.

subby3.jpg

dino to phil to billy (shrug)

that's damn near lucy's son's little band from the 60's--dino, phil [instead of desi] and billy.

thanks go to a boardie for putting me into this upgrade. thanks, sir. the old undercopy will be in the forum shortly.

subby3.jpg

that's damn near lucy's son's little band from the 60's--dino, phil [instead of desi] and billy.

too much information rolling around in that head of yours lol

subby3.jpg

well, since they don't teach anything at lsu, there's alot of room still in there to pick up trivia--or so you'd say, right?

subby3.jpg

well, since they don't teach anything at lsu, there's alot of room still in there to pick up trivia--or so you'd say, right?

well said

I'd like to thank MrBedrock for all his help with this book. I bought this book raw from Richard without seeing it in person. Richard judged the book to be about a VG. He prepped the mylar for the Signature Series signing and lugged the book with him all the way to the Baltimore-Con for drop-off with Sean (NYComics) for the signing at Joe Simon's home. As you can see, Richard nailed the grade, and I'm pretty pleased with the end result (it even kind of glows now).

Frisco-Man and Xavier Logan both claim to be past owners of this book, so the book seems to keep finding its way back to this neck of the woods.

Cap10JS.jpg

It's true. It went from him to me, then back to him, then to Ricky. Now to you. The next question is: who are YOU going to sell it to?? (I'm interested ......)

All parties involved! Class Acts! Merry X-Mas :) Glad you liked the sig placement that is a tough cover to find a good spot...Mr Simon looked around for a while... there is a lot going on.......as I have noticed on lots of Simon/Kirby Cap covers....

Cap10JS.jpg

All parties involved! Class Acts! Merry X-Mas :) Glad you liked the sig placement that is a tough cover to find a good spot...Mr Simon looked around for a while... there is a lot going on.......as I have noticed on lots of Simon/Kirby Cap covers....

He should have signed the "Hotel of Horror's Register of Death" lol