• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My dad passed away on april 16th 2009 - 3:05pm central time.

104 posts in this topic

I am really sorry to hear about you dad's condition and the struggles that you are experiencing. I lost my father in late January, after being pulled off of life support. I can tell you, because I had them myself, that the thoughts that you have expressed are very, very normal. To see someone you love suffer and his family suffer is not easy to handle and to wish for that to end sooner, rather than later, is OK.

My advice:

#1 Be there for all that you can stand to be. It is not easy, but you will be glad that you did.

#2 Be understanding, kind and encouraging to your family members, especially when at the care facility. - this will encourage the staff that is caring for your father and will result in better care for him. Plus, this is not a time for pettiness (You wouldn't believe how some families act at these times - at the hospital)

#3 Pray... it helps.

Keep us posted, and may God bless your family!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. All we can do is trust that God has a better future for each of planned and that this sad event will be used for good somehow. My wife's mom died of Melanoma when she was 42 after fighting it off when she was 24. It was a tough road and not easy at all. Be strong, be faithfull, and love on your family everyday.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. All we can do is trust that God has a better future for each of planned and that this sad event will be used for good somehow. My wife's mom died of Melanoma when she was 42 after fighting it off when she was 24. It was a tough road and not easy at all. Be strong, be faithfull, and love on your family everyday.

Ditto. :wishluck:

Sad news. My best wishes to all your friends and family.

Showed your dad to my wife last evening and she took some

solace in your brave manner.

Best wishes.

Very sorry to hear.

If I could offer a little advise.As someone who has lost many family members in the last 18 months.

Lean on the fine people of the CGC boards.They are the most supportive group you will ever find.

Talk about comics or anything else.Take your mind off your grief.

Once again sorry for your loss.

Dennis

He is out of pain and in a much better place. We grieve for ourselves. 'Tis true, you didn't want to see him suffer anymore I know.

Sorry for your loss. Take solace in the fact that he is no longer in pain.