• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before and after pics of restoration

250 posts in this topic

Guys,

Why are you still arguing with him. It is obvious he will not stop and all you do is get your feathers all ruffled over it.

Let him drift off into obscurity. I cannot ever imagine somone on these boards buying one of these books down the line and not immediately recognizing the butcher job that was done to it.

To quote a great line from a great movie "Stupid is as stupid does".

Damn, so much venom here for a guy messing around with his own books. As long as he discloses his shoddy work when he tries to sell, why would anyone care?

edit: it's also not like any of the books he's working on are rare or anything.

He runs a professional resto service. (which includes replacing a back cover without warning.)

well, then get pizzed at him for not disclosing. That's a different matter entirely.

And. People like to get on people's case and berate them, especially when they deserve it and brought it upon themselves.

Fixed that for you, junior.

-slym

Any one have a good image of FF annual #2, I would love to compare it to the latest here, http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Topic66327-22-1.aspx to see how badly the Thing has been disfigured. doh!

Any one have a good image of FF annual #2, I would love to compare it to the latest here, http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Topic66327-22-1.aspx to see how badly the Thing has been disfigured. doh!

Here you go. It's clear that the books Master bought at that LCS have badly faded covers, and were probably long-time wall books that saw way too much light.

FFAnn2NL.jpg

Seriously Mike, you thought this was a step in the right direction how?

"Preffered: PGX encapsulation with Grade Certificate.. Find information on the holder here : http://www.pgxcomics.com/holder.cfm

We are pleased to announce we are working with PGX to help provide hard case solutions with superior Grading services. The rates are standard but you save with MCS since there is no shipping fee's or Insurance required."

I have left you alone for the most part Mike, but when this was pointed out to me tonight it raised some serious alarm bells. You gonna grade and slab your own comics to save Daniel time, or grade them together?

It all makes sense now.

Well that's really let the cat out of the bag. I knew there was something off about you from the start.

So you're still charging for your hack jobs?

You're in cahoots with PGX and are advertising superior grading services? :screwy:

I've seen first hand you can't grade worth spit, but now you're putting your name out there alongside a 'company' that is known by quite a few your obvious intent is to charge people for things you know nothing about.

This needs highlighting in the Comics General forum, this needs bringing to more peoples attention before you rip off many more.

And do I take it from the PGX linkup that your butchered books may well end up in PGX unrestored labels?

Well that's really let the cat out of the bag. I knew there was something off about you from the start.

So you're still charging for your hack jobs?

You're in cahoots with PGX and are advertising superior grading services? :screwy:

I've seen first hand you can't grade worth spit, but now you're putting your name out there alongside a 'company' that is known by quite a few you obvious intent is to charge people for things you know nothing about.

This needs highlighting in the Comics General forum, this needs bringing to more peoples attention before you rip off many more.

And do I take it from the PGX linkup that your butchered books may well end up in PGX unrestored labels?

It looks like comic collecting has taken another turn for the worse. I'm glad Ze-Man

posted this. What a combination here. The worst resto-hacker Ive seen. And you get a company that has very little if any, resto detection skills. A match made in heaven. :screwy:

DRX

It just goes to show, just when you think you've seen PGX do it all, they come up with something that moves their bar on the stupidity level.

I really have a hard time taking this tool seriously, but this just made me laugh out loud.

I'm speechless. I really am.

Ok, maybe I'm not. The first thing I'll ding this on is that he'll NEVER be taken seriously until he learns to spell. If he can't spell, he should pay someone that can to do his site. It really wouldn't cost much to run that through a spell-checker before he posts his moronic random misspelled words for everyone else to read.

I'll also add that when he first showed up here, the first thing that popped into my mind was that a tool like him *HAD* to live in Eugene Oregon and be in cahoots with PGX. I'll be dipped in smeg if I didn't sniff out the rat before it showed it's tail. I would revel in my greatness if it weren't for the fact that everyone should have seen this coming.

I'll just laugh about it because we'll soon get the song and dance that we're not seeing what we're seeing. It's just a figment of our imagination and an isolated incident. :roflmao:

Hey Dice, he does have a suggestion box in his web-site, now if you werent so "speechless" you could drop him a line! lol

DRX

I have a line to drop him, but it's a racing stripe in my underwear. hm

Hey Dice, he does have a suggestion box in his web-site, now if you werent so "speechless" you could drop him a line! lol

DRX

That sounds good to me, he could use it for color touch on those old brown cover Marvel pre-heroes.

By the way, congrats grampa.

DRX

It just goes to show, just when you think you've seen PGX do it all, they come up with something that moves their bar on the stupidity level.

I really have a hard time taking this tool seriously, but this just made me laugh out loud.

Ok, maybe I'm not. The first thing I'll ding this on is that he'll NEVER be taken seriously until he learns to spell. If he can't spell, he should pay someone that can to do his site. It really wouldn't cost much to run that through a spell-checker before he posts his moronic random misspelled words for everyone else to read.

I'll also add that when he first showed up here, the first thing that popped into my mind was that a tool like him *HAD* to live in Eugene Oregon and be in cahoots with PGX. I'll be dipped in smeg if I didn't sniff out the rat before it showed it's tail. I would revel in my greatness if it weren't for the fact that everyone should have seen this coming.

I'll just laugh about it because we'll soon get the song and dance that we're not seeing what we're seeing. It's just a figment of our imagination and an isolated incident. :roflmao:

This is gonna turn into a big nasty mess. Two guys desperate for business teaming up.

This is gonna turn into a big nasty mess.

Just like MasterCPUs resto work.

DRX

That sounds good to me, he could use it for color touch on those old brown cover Marvel pre-heroes.

AmazingAdventures65_5-1.jpg

This thread just wasnt worth the two pages I read..

P.S. I dont care what the guy does with books, or if he uses PGX. All in all he seems to have not done anyone "wrong".

Read the whole thread Pat and look at some of his 'work'. It's butchery. And to charge for butchering keys like a Hulk #181 is wrong.

Then to offer a 'grading' service when you can't even grade... and top it off by getting your butchered books in a PGX slab which will end up on eBay for some divot to drop big money on. It's comparible to Robojo, and again, that is wrong.

DRX

AmazingAdventures65_5-1.jpg

Moderate (P)

Restoration Includes: Skidmark on cover.