• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before and after pics of restoration

250 posts in this topic

What advantage is the distilled water versus regular water? :foryou:

DRX

Depending on where you live regular water can contain iron,calcium or other unwanted minerals that might react adversely with, or leave behind harmful elements in the paper.

Distilled water is basically collected steam that is about as pure as water can get with a PH level of around 7. It wont get you a buzz like distilled corn mash, but it is well suited towards washing paper.

What advantage is the distilled water versus regular water? :foryou:

DRX

Ancient Chinese Secret. :gossip:

calgon.jpg

"My husband, some hotshot. Here's his ancient Chinese secret..."

Distilled water is basically collected steam that is about as pure as water can get with a PH level of around 7.

You can then de-ionize it to purify it further ... something we have to do in our lab. Ions would interfere with many of our tests. Damned ions.

Distilled water is basically collected steam that is about as pure as water can get with a PH level of around 7.

You can then de-ionize it to purify it further ... something we have to do in our lab. Ions would interfere with many of our tests. Damned ions.

You are confusing Distilled with Holy water. The ions are damned, only god can save them.

:jokealert:

:hi:

Are you cursing Tony Stark or Jim Rhodes? I liked Stark best as Ion Man.

He'll never learn, a complete lost cause. He has no idea as to what he's doing and sees no problem in messing about with keys despite what people have told him.

The CT looks like he is using magic markers doh!

Fixed it for you (I don't see any "magic" in what he's doing).

I would love to see a high resolution scan of the finished product and some shots of the interiors of the F and B covers.

Which one? AC 400 ?

Hulk 181

He'll never learn, a complete lost cause. He has no idea as to what he's doing and sees no problem in messing about with keys despite what people have told him.

I would love to see a high resolution scan of the finished product and some shots of the interiors of the F and B covers.

Which one? AC 400 ?

Hulk 181

Well that comic has gone back to its owner and I didnt take pictures of inside the cover so if you were hoping to see some bleed through there was none and its very rare I get any bleed through. Here are the scans I do have:

Before:

Scan0027-1.jpg

After:

hulk.jpg

Before:

CopyofScan0022.jpg

After:

Scan0026.jpg

Before:

CopyofScan0024.jpg

CopyofScan0023.jpg

After:

hulk1818.jpg

hulk1819.jpg

You are confusing Distilled with Holy water. The ions are damned, only god can save them.

:jokealert:

:hi:

lol!

You obviously just removed a wrap from another copy of Hulk #181 (no doubt ruining it in the process), so why bother showing a picture of the MVS? It isn't like you filled a missing hole or anything.

Which one? AC 400 ?

Hulk 181

Well that comic has gone back to its owner and I didnt take pictures of inside the cover so if you were hoping to see some bleed through there was none and its very rare I get any bleed through. Here are the scans I do have:

Before:

Scan0027-1.jpg

After:

hulk.jpg

Before:

CopyofScan0022.jpg

After:

Scan0026.jpg

Before:

CopyofScan0024.jpg

CopyofScan0023.jpg

After:

hulk1818.jpg

hulk1819.jpg

C'mon FFB if you look at the stamp real close you can see where the edges overlap. :baiting: BTW I am a honest guy and TBH I wished he could have afforded the wrap would have been easier . :juggle: It's too bad you dont like me FFB as I could have learned a ton from you. (worship)

No one doubts your honesty. You really need to study the techniques before working on books like this.

To be honest anyone with a pair of scissors, glue and crayons could do what you have done here. No ragging on you but it is my observation that this is very amateur and you should in no shape or form be charging for it.

No one doubts your honesty. You really need to study the techniques before working on books like this.

To be honest anyone with a pair of scissors, glue and crayons could do what you have done here. No ragging on you but it is my observation that this is very amateur and you should in no shape or form be charging for it.

I appreciate your input. It is hard to study something no one is willing to share but I get your point. I don’t know how I can get this across as it seems no one is getting it but I don’t charge. I realize even still I will get the negative response but I still feel the need to respond to your statements. I know there are people who are going to just hammer me and my skin is getting thicker. I do appreciate constructive criticism but not much of what I am getting is constructive. Again for the record, I DON’T CHARGE. I am doing it for the experience and the people getting the work done for free are long time collectors who are very happy with the results and my customers are who’s opinion matter most to me. What would be nice is if you all could tell me why it looks amateur and what I needed to do differently so it doesn’t .

I appreciate your input. It is hard to study something no one is willing to share but I get your point. I don’t know how I can get this across as it seems no one is getting it but I don’t charge. I realize even still I will get the negative response but I still feel the need to respond to your statements. I know there are people who are going to just hammer me and my skin is getting thicker. I do appreciate constructive criticism but not much of what I am getting is constructive. Again for the record, I DON’T CHARGE. I am doing it for the experience and the people getting the work done for free are long time collectors who are very happy with the results and my customers are who’s opinion matter most to me. What would be nice is if you all could tell me why it looks amateur and what I needed to do differently so it doesn’t .

http://www.mikescomicshop.com/24401.html

Let me guess...your web host STILL has not refreshed?

Give it up already, it's beginning to stink.

mikescomicshop.jpg

It says 1st time free. 2nd time and 3rd time are free and so on but I don’t have to publish it for the very same reason you don’t get it. I don’t really give a what the website says anyways, I said I don’t charge and if you refuse to believe it then you are a dumb plain and simple. Do I pay for the bags and shipping? No dummy the customer has to but you can’t tell the difference between working for free and covering material expenses eh? Are you that ignorant that I have to erase every number from that page in order for you to believe me?

It says 1st time free. 2nd time and 3rd time are free and so on but I don’t have to publish it for the very same reason you don’t get it. I don’t really give a what the website says anyways, I said I don’t charge and if you refuse to believe it then you are a dumb plain and simple. Do I pay for the bags and shipping? No dummy the customer has to but you can’t tell the difference between working for free and covering material expenses eh? Are you that ignorant that I have to erase every number from that page in order for you to believe me?

I think the only Ignorant person in this thread thus far is you...You fail to understand that you are DESTROYING books NOT restoring. how many people must you hear this from before you get it?

I think the only Ignorant person in this thread thus far is you...You fail to understand that you are DESTROYING books NOT restoring. how many people must you hear this from before you get it?

Apparently, a lot more than have told him here...

doh!

-slym