• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before and after pics of restoration

250 posts in this topic

I wasn't talking about him.
Way to go off-topic then, no need to de-rail a thread with your trolling.

Nothing's derailed. Go sell some books.

I'm a little tapped out after buying a nice Invincible lot on the boards, but I'm heading to San Diego in a few hours so I don't have time.

I'm a little tapped out after having to refund everybody, but I'm heading to San Diego in a few hours so I don't have time.

Don't rush back :wishluck:

I'm a little tapped out after refunding everybody although not obligated to do so by PayPal, but I'm heading to San Diego in a few hours so I don't have time.

Don't rush back :wishluck:

Won't you miss me?

It's not fun unless you can change my words around is it?

It's not fun at all period.

Nobody cares what you think.

Nobody's interested in your opinion.

You hanging around like this ... pretending nothing's happened and everything is fine & dandy in CAP Freak land ... is just pathetic.

It's not fun unless you can change my words around is it?

It's not fun at all period.

Nobody cares what you think.

Nobody's interested in your opinion.

You hanging around like this ... pretending nothing's happened and everything is fine & dandy in CAP Freak land ... is just pathetic.

+ 1 (thumbs u

DRX

Damn, so much venom here for a guy messing around with his own books. As long as he discloses his shoddy work when he tries to sell, why would anyone care?

edit: it's also not like any of the books he's working on are rare or anything.

He runs a professional resto service. (which includes replacing a back cover without warning.)

well, then get pizzed at him for not disclosing. That's a different matter entirely.

Thanks for speaking in my defense. Most people are afraid to because of how mean people are here and I get PM"s from them which helps. It amazes me how much most people here hate me and my work. I have practiced on almost 100 comics now and counting. I am constantly working on practice comics day and night. I can't help it my customers want what they want to which book. I have made some mistakes at the beginning like that Hulk 104 but I have learned from them . My customers have read what you all been posting and they think its BS you telling them what they should or shouldn’t do with their books. In my defense I am including these comments.

This is a contact request from your website: Email form

--------------------------------------------------

First name: George

Last name: Rich

E-mail address: georgerichny@yahoo.com

Comment:

I was completely blown away by how much Mike improved my Hulk# 104,he brought it from Poor(totaly ripped apart) to VG and Made my FF#46 come back to life..If you are not getting your comics restored here,your missing out!...George Rich

First name: Scott

Last name: Preston

E-mail address: p.s.preston@hotmail.com

Comment:

Absolutely FANTASTIC job on my Amazing Spider-Man #129! I had given up all hope of it ever being a truly "key" book in my collection, but Mike brought it to its optimum quality! No words can describe how satisfied I am with Mike's work and talent! Thanks, boss...you've been a rare find. I look forward to many more such dealings between us in the future!

Scott Preston

First name: Christopher

Last name: Chance

E-mail address: flash.chance@gmail.com

Comment:

I had 4 issues worked on. All 4 issues were greatly improved. My issues of Amazing Spider-Man #298 and #299 were very dirty on the front covers and came back like a totally different comics. The other two comics had bad spine rolls on them as well as wrinkles and came back nice, smooth, and flat. I was very impressed with the work. I look forward to doing more business in the future!

Comment:

I once again am impressed by the quality of the work and the attention to detail Mike shows in his restoration of comic books. I sent him books that i had given up hope on, and he turned a book that was flawed beyond belief into something any collector would be proud to own! His work speaks far more eloquently than i can,look at the before and after pictures and see for yourself!This individual continues to amaze.4 Stars!! ..George Rich

I can't help it my customers want what they want to which book.

Yes you can. Stop offering your 'services'. And your 'customers' are obviously as clueless as you.

Damn, so much venom here for a guy messing around with his own books. As long as he discloses his shoddy work when he tries to sell, why would anyone care?

He runs a professional resto service. (which includes replacing a back cover without warning.)

well, then get pizzed at him for not disclosing. That's a different matter entirely.

Thanks for speaking in my defense. Most people are afraid to because of how mean people are here and I get PM"s from them which helps. It amazes me how much most people here hate me and my work. I have practiced on almost 100 comics now and counting. I am constantly working on practice comics day and night. I can't help it my customers want what they want to which book. I have made some mistakes at the beginning like that Hulk 104 but I have learned from them . My customers have read what you all been posting and they think its BS you telling them what they should or shouldn’t do with their books. In my defense I am including these comments.

Comment:

I was completely blown away by how much Mike improved my Hulk# 104,he brought it from Poor(totaly ripped apart) to VG and Made my FF#46 come back to life..If you are not getting your comics restored here,your missing out!...George Rich

Comment:

Absolutely FANTASTIC job on my Amazing Spider-Man #129! I had given up all hope of it ever being a truly "key" book in my collection, but Mike brought it to its optimum quality! No words can describe how satisfied I am with Mike's work and talent! Thanks, boss...you've been a rare find. I look forward to many more such dealings between us in the future!

Scott Preston

Comment:

I had 4 issues worked on. All 4 issues were greatly improved. My issues of Amazing Spider-Man #298 and #299 were very dirty on the front covers and came back like a totally different comics. The other two comics had bad spine rolls on them as well as wrinkles and came back nice, smooth, and flat. I was very impressed with the work. I look forward to doing more business in the future!

Comment:

I once again am impressed by the quality of the work and the attention to detail Mike shows in his restoration of comic books. I sent him books that i had given up hope on, and he turned a book that was flawed beyond belief into something any collector would be proud to own! His work speaks far more eloquently than i can,look at the before and after pictures and see for yourself!This individual continues to amaze.4 Stars!! ..George Rich

These people obviously have low expectations or have never seen good resto work,some of the comments in those testimonials seems a bit ridiculous.

Why would you even bother with a asm 298 or 299..Not rare books and can be had in high grade for fair prices.You actually got someone to waste time sending these not scarce books in for cleaning or restoration? That in itself tells me the people who are using your service are as clueless as you ..

My last wasted 2 minutes of my life on this subject. 2c

Comment:

Comment:

Scott Preston

Comment:

Comment:

These people obviously have low expectations or have never seen good resto work,some of the comments in those testimonials seems a bit ridiculous.

Why would you even bother with a asm 298 or 299..Not rare books and can be had in high grade for fair prices.You actually got someone to waste time sending these not scarce books in for cleaning or restoration? That in itself tells me the people who are using your service are as clueless as you ..

that about sums it up JerryZ. perhaps his clients need to be emailed so they can be educated about resto and the fact he is displaying their emails in a public forum

hm

Comment:

Comment:

Scott Preston

Comment:

Comment:

First name: Dice

Last name: X

E-mail address: tooldetector@yahoo.com

Comment:

You are the biggest tool since the invention of the wheel. Do me a favor and ask Richard Kiel to fist you. Love..DiceX

I thought I'd add to your list of testimonials. hm

Ok I guess have to explain everything eh? 1st you complain I am doing keys then you complain I am doing non keys. That means you’re just going to plain complain. Also to assume these people are ignorant while you are smart is also BS. I can’t respect anything you say when you argue like a woman or a drunk. ASM 298 and 299 have appearances by Chance which is the customer’s last name. Do you get it now? Probably not and my skin is thick now so say what you will as your comments only make me try harder but not stop doing what I am doing. I am sorry I ever started this thread and if it wasn’t for peeps copy pasting from other forums this topic would have been dead as I didn’t really want this much attention. If I could delete this topic I would. The web site was supposed to be a project and I never expected the immediate exposure it got. If the only criticizing you all are going to give is quit than no I can’t follow that and I will press on no matter what. I know you don’t care but I will tell you I have tried to find an apprenticeship since some of the processes are so well guarded. No one in my area is interested in apprenticing someone and I don’t blame them as it’s a lot of work for someone to do. When I do see constructive criticism I give it great thought and some of my changes to the website reflect that.

I am official done and will not post in this topic ever again.

Mike

This guy is killing me. :censored:

2w250y1.jpg

I was looking and these pics when my wife came into the room. "what are you looking at". I told it was a color touched corner of a book someone did. Now my wife knows absolutely nothing about resto, let alone comics. " Did some kid do that with a crayon, that looks horrible". Case closed.

P.S. Dont give peoples e-mail address out.

DRX

I hope you royally mess up a book and get sued by the "customer". If you are offering your services even if it's for free you are liable for damages. You should educate your customers that your "work" is actually lowering the books value SIGNIFICANTLY.

Unfortunately that is probably the only way YOU will actually get it.