• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before and after pics of restoration

250 posts in this topic

This guy is killing me. :censored:

2w250y1.jpg

No joke; the corner looks like he used a crayon.

grcray.gif

:frustrated: For crying out loud, this is a perfectly nice lower mid-grade copy of Batman #232! The first appearance of freakin' Ra's Al Ghul, by the legendary creative team of Denny O' Neil and Neal Adams!

There are many, MANY people who would want to have this issue in this condition and now thanks to this :censored: there is one less OK copy out there! Somebody, please, stop him! Use force, if necessary! :sumo:

Seriously, dude, MasterCPU or whatever the hell your name is, I'm all for you trying to become the best professional comic restorer you can be (though, to be frank, you've started off in a verrrrrry wrong way!), but for God's sake, practice on some cheap, common and relatively unimportant books first!

Tell you what, I've got some nice beaters of 90's Marvels I could send to you, but you have to bloody promise me you won't get your damn hands on any book worth more than 2 dollars before learning some basic things first!

If you care about comic books at all, think about what you're actually doing for a minute, and then please STOP DOING IT! :makepoint:

P.S.: Having read every single post in this thread, I know the chances of anything I wrote getting through your obviously thick skull are pretty much non-existent, but I had to get this off my chance and try to do my part in the situation.

This guy is killing me. :censored:

2w250y1.jpg

No joke; the corner looks like he used a crayon.

grcray.gif

I made the same comment on page 8...

Is that crayon being used for the CT on the URHC?

AND the spine???

:roflmao:

-slym

*sigh*

-slym

What happened to the colors of the title!?!

The buffoon wet washed it to get the stain out that was just above the title, and washed the magenta ink out of the title.

Man, will you please stop up perfectly good comic books? Please?

+1

You know, with some clever marketing, this guy could turn this into a profitable side job.

He could post pics before he starts working on a key comic, then ask for donations from people for ransom to keep him from doing anything to the book. hm

Send me $100 or the HOS 92 gets it:

HOS92-0.jpg

:screwy:

I have some inside information on his latest work:

Before-

(davinci)-mona-lisa.jpg

After:

The first one is with pieces added, the second is just some color touch.

different-versions-of-the-mona-lisa.jpg

(shrug) , I think his work is improving.

Wow Long read this thread is.. I have looked at a few of his pics and some hacked up Hulk issue on his site and this is BRUTAL STUFF!!

That upper corner on the bat is a joke.I guess we can just get out a crayola to color any of our cb creases lol

WTF man! Im with everyone else..Use a few beaters to learn the craft before messing up perfectly good books..Lotta people would be happy with that Bat before you got it in your hands .Now its a piece of junk!

And that 181..Good god thats ugly!!

I still say we organize a lynch mob for this tool, as the work is pathetic and destructive. I should give my 5 year old a box of crayons and a reader copy and say.....OK Honey, try to match the colors where you see the color break and fill them in for Daddy. I feel the work would be comprable if not better......I'd still slap the soup outta this hack.

I am now offering to board members only. THE DRX RESTORATION KIT. The kit comes with your choice of crayons or wet markers, and a complete set of instructions for mutilating your books. Why go with second rate supplies when you can now have the top of the line in comic restoration supplies. Kits are only $9.99 each, or two for $15.99. Why stop at one. Teach everyone in your family how to color touch comics. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to.

RAT HOLE ENTERPRISES

6200 BUTCHERS ROAD

KORKY, WYOMING 65321

crayons.jpg

markers.jpg

You guys blasting him for the upper right hand corner of that Bats 232 obviously haven't looked at the top staple.

It's much, much worse

Damn, so much venom here for a guy messing around with his own books. As long as he discloses his shoddy work when he tries to sell, why would anyone care?

edit: it's also not like any of the books he's working on are rare or anything.

Damn, so much venom here for a guy messing around with his own books. As long as he discloses his shoddy work when he tries to sell, why would anyone care?

He runs a professional resto service. (which includes replacing a back cover without warning.)

He runs a professional resto service. (which includes replacing a back cover without warning.)

well, then get pizzed at him for not disclosing. That's a different matter entirely.

well, then get pizzed at him for not disclosing. That's a different matter entirely.

And. People like to get on people's case and berate them, especially when no one else is there to defend him. It's fun for them.

And. People like to get on people's case and berate them, especially when no one else is there to defend him. It's fun for them. when they've done something to deserve it like rob people.

And. People like to get on people's case and berate them, especially when no one else is there to defend him. It's fun for them. when they've done something to deserve it like rob people.
I know he charges for his supplies, and he is inexperienced but I don't consider that robbing anyone.