• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day Report w/ VIDEO......(UPDATED)

32 posts in this topic

I went to a couple of comic book shops today for the FCBD stuff. I always like

getting the "HOW TO.." giveaways to pick up some tips on drawing. I also like

to check out what is being put out these days, because I rarely buy anything new.

I wanted to get the Top Shelf freebie because it had fellow forum member Darth Corgi's artwork. (thumbs u

Here is some footage of a shop in Melbourne, Florida this morning. In addition

to the official free comics, they had stacks of longboxes outside of the store

where you could pick out 5 more free comics from their back issue inventory.

It was kind of cool seeing all the kids getting excited about comics and knowing

who the characters were. I'm sure this scene is pretty representative of most comic

shops around the country, but for those who don't have an LCS, here is a little

taste of what it was like. :)

thanks flee...wish you had of opened the video up with your patented road/driving shot
hm

the last 2 vids I watched had that "highway" opening type drive...just figured that would be "your" thing (thumbs u

thanks flee...wish you had of opened the video up with your patented road/driving shot
hm

the last 2 vids I watched had that "highway" opening type drive...just figured that would be "your" thing (thumbs u

I know (thumbs u , I was trying to think if I had any driving footage I could tack on the front of it. lol

More goin on there than at my LCS

There were 4 people there including me and the kid at the register !

They never had near the selection either, and a big sign stating 2 books per customer.

The kid kept looking at what was in my hands to make sure i only took 2 :( lame !!

You had a lot more people at that store then the one I go to. They store stamp every free book. I wish they didn't do that. Looks like they don't stamp the ones you got. Good for you.

(thumbs u

Nice video! (thumbs u

More goin on there than at my LCS

There were 4 people there including me and the kid at the register !

They never had near the selection either, and a big sign stating 2 books per customer.

The kid kept looking at what was in my hands to make sure i only took 2 :( lame !!

That would have really really really, I mean ..reeeally annoyed me.. (tsk)

You had a lot more people at that store then the one I go to. They store stamp every free book. I wish they didn't do that. Looks like they don't stamp the ones you got. Good for you.

(thumbs u

Nice video! (thumbs u

Hi Ken. How's things? Did you see my sig line.....heh heh......

TMNT #1 25th Ann. is impossible to find.

-Connor

(on iPhone in the hot sun waiting ina big line for Jim Lee)

You're right my LCS only ordered a 1/2 dozen. He felt they wouldn't be popular I was happy to get one. They had a limit of 5 books. Flet like having my wife pick up another 5 books but didn't want to be greedy. I did get 60 books for 6.00 he had long boxes of books from the past couple years there for ten cents each.

TMNT #1 25th Ann. is impossible to find.

-Connor

(on iPhone in the hot sun waiting ina big line for Jim Lee)

You're right my LCS only ordered a 1/2 dozen. He felt they wouldn't be popular I was happy to get one. They had a limit of 5 books. Flet like having my wife pick up another 5 books but didn't want to be greedy. I did get 60 books for 6.00 he had long boxes of books from the past couple years there for ten cents each.

My LCS's didn't have sh*t. 20% off back issues is the best any of them could muster up.

At least your LCS's don't suck!!

I actually called the LCS near my work yesterday and asked if they had SA and BA back issues of marvels, and the guy on the phone said:

what are those??

:cry:

Very cool vid flea. (worship)