• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have NEW Feedback Take a look!

119 posts in this topic

Sorry to see that you ran into a similar nut-job like I did last week.

At least your nut-job is not passing himself off as a MD and did not request your phone number. My nut-job called me yesterday @ 10:59 AM PST under the 'Unavailable" on my Verizon cell phone. He hung up on me as soon as I picked up the phone to talk to him.

I contacted eBay and they did not nor would they not do anything to correct this situation.

So I am looking to start an auction site for just comic books to begin with, and then see what happens. I am going to hire a team to do the work and am planning to spend serious coin to compete with FeeBay.

CAL will get his revenge

I am getting threats and negative feedback for some books I just mailed out on Saturday, 05/09. It was an echeck and I waited until ebay sent me the OK to ship. That was last Friday, 05/08. It is not even five days later and the guy is all over me.

Will ebay help me? I doubt it. I spoke to them about it, a buyer is the boss and feedback is not usually removed unless it's somehow over the good taste line. I guess this isn't.

If you sell on ebay add this clown to your blocked bidder list. He will only make your feedback worse. I actually hope the books catch on fire in some sort of freak industrial accident.

Feedback

The world has gone insane.

The left feedback TEN DAYS after the auction ended.

TEN.

FREAKIN'.

DAYS.

Remember back in the olden days, when things took 4-6 WEEKS to arrive?

These aren't going to be happy until you beam them the item 5 seconds after the auction ends, paid for or not.

eBay needs to die.

Will ebay help me? I doubt it. I spoke to them about it, a buyer is the boss and feedback is not usually removed unless it's somehow over the good taste line. I guess this isn't.

Honestly...I would call eBay again and firmly lay out the reason why the feedback is unwarrented due to the time frame involved and not hang up until I got resolution... rantrant

Ebay will not take away the negative. I had this exact same situation played out on me. Even though I had tracking and insurance (free by the way) they would do nothing. Basically said that he is entitled to his opinion even though he had it within 7 days of paying.

He did write some accusations in the negative text so they wiped out the text part.Apparently you can't do that. However the negative stood.

I've been lucky enough to never get a neg from a *spoon* buyer yet. It's bound to happen sooner or later though with amount of crazies out there.

I cannot believe a company would stand behind a slanted policy if you have proof that the item was in the mail and not yet delivered. The very essence of why people rely on eBay is their feedback system, which becomes compromised if it is not based on the item received.

Honestly...I would call eBay again and firmly lay out the reason why the feedback is unwarrented due to the time frame involved and not hang up until I got resolution... rantrant

Ebay will not take away the negative. I had this exact same situation played out on me. Even though I had tracking and insurance (free by the way) they would do nothing. Basically said that he is entitled to his opinion even though he had it within 7 days of paying.

He did write some accusations in the negative text so they wiped out the text part.Apparently you can't do that. However the negative stood.

While it is true that in most cases the neg will stick, eBay does have a Feedback Revision process. Excerpt below:

Under certain circumstances, sellers can ask their buyers to revise the neutral or negative Feedback they’ve left.

How Feedback revision requests work

You can send a limited number of Feedback revision requests per calendar year. Eligibility for Feedback revision is based on the total number of Feedback ratings (positive + neutral + negative) you've received as a buyer and seller combined.

You can make 5 requests for Feedback revision per calendar year, regardless of how many ratings you've gotten. If you receive more than 1,000 Feedback ratings per calendar year, you're eligible to make additional requests -- 5 for every 1,000 ratings received.

You can request a Feedback revision only after you’ve resolved a problem with the transaction or if you think the buyer accidentally left you wrong Feedback.

Communicate with the buyer and clearly explain the reason you want the feedback revised.

You can request only one Feedback revision per transaction.

Feedback you received more than 30 days ago does not qualify for revision.

The number of Feedback revision requests that you're eligible for doesn't accumulate from year to year.

Feedback left by currently suspended users do not qualify for revision.

You should report any buyer who demands goods or services not offered in your listing in exchange for Feedback.

Granted, this *spoon* doesn't look like the type of buyer who would respond to such a request, but at least more folks now know this feature is available.

Larry

Granted, this *spoon* doesn't look like the type of buyer who would respond to such a request, but at least more folks now know this feature is available.

Larry

Be careful though. Always coordinate ahead of time with the buyer to ensure they are open to correcting/changing their feedback before sending the request. You are only allowed ONE TIME to send that request, and if they decline you are done.

Knew someone that sent the link before coordinating with the buyer, the buyer declined, and then later when they both calmed down the buyer felt bad. eBay could care less afterwards.

Larry

Be careful though. Always coordinate ahead of time with the buyer to ensure they are open to correcting/changing their feedback before sending the request. You are only allowed ONE TIME to send that request, and if they decline you are done.

Knew someone that sent the link before coordinating with the buyer, the buyer declined, and then later when they both calmed down the buyer felt bad. eBay could care less afterwards.

(thumbs u

Hopefully you've reported this tool for feedback extortion using the EBay system - unlike some other "EBay initiatives", if there are enough complaints, the guy will be NARU'd. I had it happen with a guy who threatened a neg if I didn't refund, and he was booted a few weeks later.

Hopefully you've reported this tool for feedback extortion using the EBay system - unlike some other "EBay initiatives", if there are enough complaints, the guy will be NARU'd. I had it happen with a guy who threatened a neg if I didn't refund, and he was booted a few weeks later.

I hope ebay reads his first email as a threat rather than a question about the whereabouts of the package. All he wanted was a refund, not caring about when he paid or if the items were in transit, which they were. The email he wrote was the wrong one to send asking about the status of the books. He really did not need to email me at all. Paypal sends the buyer an email with tracking data the moment I printed the mailing label. He could click on the link and see the day it was mailed and where it was in the transit process. His sole purpose was to get a full refund by threatening me with bad feedback. That should force the feedback removal.

If the seller is not shipping tems, and jerking the buyers around they deserve some harsh feedback. This is not hte case here, it's all about the extortion of my good name. This clown uses the threats to get his items for free. He back bite me.

I hope ebay reads his first email as a threat rather than a question about the whereabouts of the package. All he wanted was a refund, not caring about when he paid or if the items were in transit, which they were.

Here's the link, just in case:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2018&rcode=FB%25P10048&subject=Feedback%20Extortion&bcrumb=%20Home%20%3E%20Help%20%3E%C2%A0Membership%20%26%20account%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Rules%20%26%20policies%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Feedback%20extortion&instruction=&expirationDate=

I just had a somewhat similar experience on e-bay recently. The weirdest experience I've ever had on there. I sold a lot of 9 books for $1 a piece. All moderns, all in standard modern condition, roughly NM, although I confess I did not grade them too closely because I was just blowing out the lot. I had posted big scans of each book however in the auction.

The buyer got the books but said one of them was "beat-up." What was I going to do about it? I asked for more details, although I said I would accept a return no questions asked. I thought it was damaged in shipping. He said no and he didn't want to return it. This wasn't very helpful so I asked for more specifics. What exactly was wrong? Was this a grade dispute? He said he didn't really know how to grade but maybe this one book was in the VF range; but he didn't know because he really wasn't that much into comics. I asked for a scan from his perspective to show me what he was talking about (I still have my scans) and I asked if the book looked different from the scans. His didn't have a scanner or a camera.

I reiterated that he could return it but it finally came out that he just wanted $ for the one book. After 5 e-mails I thought this was getting crazy over $1 book. He actually wanted several dollars for this one book (out of a $9 transaction for 9 books), because "that was the book I wanted, I didn't care about the others."

I finally said I would mail him .25c at my cost for the grade difference. Otherwise, no return, no $. He hasn't negged me yet.

I just had a somewhat similar experience on e-bay recently. The weirdest experience I've ever had on there. I sold a lot of 9 books for $1 a piece. All moderns, all in standard modern condition, roughly NM, although I confess I did not grade them too closely because I was just blowing out the lot. I had posted big scans of each book however in the auction.

The buyer got the books but said one of them was "beat-up." What was I going to do about it? I asked for more details, although I said I would accept a return no questions asked. I thought it was damaged in shipping. He said no and he didn't want to return it. This wasn't very helpful so I asked for more specifics. What exactly was wrong? Was this a grade dispute? He said he didn't really know how to grade but maybe this one book was in the VF range; but he didn't know because he really wasn't that much into comics. I asked for a scan from his perspective to show me what he was talking about (I still have my scans) and I asked if the book looked different from the scans. His didn't have a scanner or a camera.

I reiterated that he could return it but it finally came out that he just wanted $ for the one book. After 5 e-mails I thought this was getting crazy over $1 book. He actually wanted several dollars for this one book (out of a $9 transaction for 9 books), because "that was the book I wanted, I didn't care about the others."

I finally said I would mail him .25c at my cost for the grade difference. Otherwise, no return, no $. He hasn't negged me yet.

PLEASE post this tool's eBay name as well so we can block him. He doesn't really know how to grade and isn't really into comics, but send me a refund because one might be in VF? huh????:screwy:

PLease post this guy's ebay name..this was an overboard situation..seriously..he took t waaaaay too far...1$? C'mon..that is emabarrasing...douchbag...and a half..

hate repeating thatbut, damn...1$?