• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con 2009

114 posts in this topic

This might be fun, an easy 45 minute drive from most of the Los Angeles area.

Their logo is a blatant swipe of San Diego but I am up for a good alternative to the overbearing hugeness of San Diego and they have picked a great time of year and a great location. They might be on to something here.

I will try to make it from the Pasadena area for at least one day.

1st Thoughts:

Good Guests So Far.

Ain't a convention without Lou Ferrigno.

CGC will be there apparently

Long Beach Convention Center area is the most beautiful place ever.

The writers of the website are really funny.

lb_conctr.png

Hi guys! New to the forum and excited to join this community!

I'm really excited about Long Beach Con. So excited enough that I extended a hand out to them from my production company and got a little inside scoop on how it all began. I got a chance to talk to the Martha Donato for a little Q & A session. You can read it here:

http://www.hundredpercentsd.com/main/2009/06/21/a-new-convention-is-born-the-long-beach-comic-con-2009/

But here is the great news which I want to share with you all first! They are letting us give a way a pair of tickets every week for FREE till the start of the convention or when ever they run out of passes to give us!

*hint: If you enter leave me a message on the form saying your from the cgc boards.

I hope to meet you all at the convention!

Cheers!

Did you guys hear about the person who was kicked out of Wizard World Philly for promoting the Long Beach Comic-Con?

Square 1 Press Blog

And his followup on Twitter:

"The reason for Wizard barring my entry to the con was my affiliation with Long Beach Comic-Con. WTF? They let rival con promoters in all the time."

Just another reason for me to dislike Wizard. meh

They updated the site yesterday with a growing guest list. Here is who they will have so far:

# Alex Sinclair

# Amanda Conner

# Dustin Nguyen

# Geoff Johns

# Jeff Campbell

# Jeph Loeb

# Jimmy Palmiotti

# Joel Gomez

# Lou Ferrigno

# Mike Choi

# Peter Stiegerwald

# Peter Tomasi

# Scott Lobdell

# Steve Niles

# Tim Bradstreet

# Luciana Carro

# Herb Jefferson Jr

# Brande Roderick

# Sandra Taylor

# Meredith Salenger

# Martin Klebba

# Darcy DeMoss

# Lisa Loring

# Rob Van Dam

# Mia St John

# Ami Dolenz

# Chanel Ryan

# Christy Hemme

Don't forget to check out this out if you get a chance:

http://www.hundredpercentsd.com/main/200...comic-con-2009/

But here is the great news which I want to share with you all first! They are letting us give a way a pair of tickets every week for FREE till the start of the convention or when ever they run out of passes to give us!

*hint: If you enter leave me a message on the form saying your from the cgc boards.