• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

I'll scan mine and put it up tonight. Mine is purty.

guess you can post whatever you want, Dan. Mine is a very nice copy from Pete Frenells collection. I did not post it because that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about current additions, not books you got years ago.

We can start a bronze variant appreciation/collection thread to cause people to dig out some of the old stuff...

Mine is a very nice copy from Pete Frenells collection. I did not post it because that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about current additions, not books you got years ago.

lol, now I see why you got all crazy about me posting that 35-cent HTD book (in response to the multiple requests) when this turned into a WTB thread. lol

Nice pick ups Harry. You are almost single-handedly keeping this thread going.

reminds me of many threads (not on this board) where I just talk to myself.

If I wanted to talk to people, I would start collecting spider-man, or keys :roflmao:

Do any of of you variant gurus have any info on this? Is this some type of variant variant because it has a UPC barcode? From what I got about copy is that it was on ebay back in 2004.

\ 001d35v.jpg

The guy you got the photo from would probably be the best source of info. I think he posts on here.

I found this on the web and I wanted to know if this real because on the person's site stated that there has only been two that has ever shown up and his got CGC with a Qualified label. Is this real and if it is then would one of these cost more to get because of the rarity compared to the other 35 cent variant? This would be a real must have for variant completist. Who is the other owner of this book?

Generally speaking the diamond means it was a re-print . this would be a variant of the 35 cent reprint i guess? If its even real.. And is a reprint if I rememeber correctly . Im not sure if there worth any more then the regular reprint.

I believe this were sold at Kmart in the bags , they were reprints with the diamond around the price BUT they usually had no UPC. Again makes me wonder if its even real.

some photos

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/StarWars/Marvel/StarWars/001-006.html

Generally speaking the diamond means it was a re-print . this would be a variant of the 35 cent reprint i guess? If its even real.. And is a reprint if I rememeber correctly . Im not sure if there worth any more then the regular reprint.

I believe this were sold at Kmart in the bags , they were reprints with the diamond around the price BUT they usually had no UPC. Again makes me wonder if its even real.

some photos

Would it not also say reprint in the `Character' box ?

I not positive but I believe the 30 cent reprint did not say re-print either. the change marvel made was to use the diamond . If we had the book we could also turn to page one and in all the info it should say Reprint. Again i dont know if this is even real. Why would there be a reprint with the upc AND only 2 copies made (well ever seen). thats just makes little sense to me.

AGain my opinion is its a reprint that has the UPC ( duh !) and its rare so there has to be some value to it especially to a completist BUT we dont really know if it exist.

I spent 15 years trying to get a copy and have a few of the 35 cent reprints and have NEVER seen this before other then that one web site. I did read a story a few years ago of someones asking about it saying they had it but thats it.

some photos

Would it not also say reprint in the `Character' box ?