• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

Found these today. Two at a show, nine at a shop.

IMG-20120722-00095.jpg

Wow. that's a nice haul. Two Chamber of Chills! Was this the Laurel show?

What shop still has them around here?!?

The show was in Timonium. Laurel is in November.

Not going to say what shop, but you know where I live, and it was on my way home... :hi:

So now that's two copies, right?

3 , I think. The guys here would know more.

If you want to judge by the images I've seen scattered around the net, counting the copy posted above plus the one I have, I'd say there's at least four distinct copies that have had their picture taken! Where those other two copies are hiding though, I haven't a clue...

So now that's two copies, right?

3 , I think. The guys here would know more.

For a previously unknown comic, when it rains, it pours!

It went from impossible, to near impossible. Great stuff, though. It's pretty cool when something new is unearthed. Now I just have to find that porky pig 99.

Not super high grade but a variant/ Double cover.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Will be a lower grade after laying it open that way in your second photo. I do not see how that shows it a double cover.

How does it not show a double cover?You see the inside of a cover with another cover right behind it. Also you cant see it but my hand is holding where most the stress is taken off the book.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Will be a lower grade after laying it open that way in your second photo. I do not see how that shows it a double cover.

How does it not show a double cover?You see the inside of a cover with another cover right behind it. Also you cant see it but my hand is holding where most the stress is taken off the book.

Nice book Jesse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I see that now, sorry I thought it was the back cover ad and not the inside front cover ad. doh! I see the 30c starburst showing through the first cover now.

It looked like the spine where the photo is fuzzy. Looked like the way some EBay sellers show their old raw book's spine.

:foryou: Nice find on variant that had a extra cool factor to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I see that now, sorry I thought it was the back cover ad and not the inside front cover ad. doh! I see the 30c starburst showing through the first cover now.

It looked like the spine where the photo is fuzzy. Looked like the way some EBay sellers show their old raw book's spine.

:foryou: Nice find on variant that had a extra cool factor to it.

aha no prob i totally see what you were talking about now that you describe it.

after I posted, I noticed that FF is another one of those books with the 20 cent stamp like we were discussing earlier.

Maybe the place stamping them was a Tennessee seller.

I found a couple 35s with that stamp out of a collection in eastern North Carolina, just an FYI.

after I posted, I noticed that FF is another one of those books with the 20 cent stamp like we were discussing earlier.

I found a couple 35s with that stamp out of a collection in eastern North Carolina, just an FYI.

:hi: I just looked the FF over real good and I could not find any sign of distribution marks on it, so I will have to agree with Mr. Donut it probably originaly came from North Carolina but wheather or not it got the stamp there is anyones guess. None of those others had the 20 cent stamp and I did purchased them from three different dealers at that show.

:hi: I just looked the FF over real good and I could not find any sign of distribution marks on it, so I will have to agree with Mr. Donut it probably originaly came from North Carolina but wheather or not it got the stamp there is anyones guess. None of those others had the 20 cent stamp and I did purchased them from three different dealers at that show.

Always love to see a post Terry. I miss the Variant Mafia days.