• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

Graded today. Need to wait to see how they did. Maybe Friday.

002 Incredible Hulk 215 9/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal .0

003 Incredible Hulk 216 10/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal .0

004 Incredible Hulk 213 7/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal .0

005 Incredible Hulk 214 8/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant

:wishluck:

Ok, I'm getting ready to part with my IF 14 variant. It's breaking my heart, but I need to finance another purchase.

This book was the first "discovered" copy of the variant. When I picked it up in '99, Jon Mclure insisted I send him a scan so it could be included in Overstreet (variants of 15 were immediately recognized back in the late 70's, but no one had ever reported a 14 variant).

Anyway, it occurred to me that I've never put up a scan of it before. For what it's worth, here it is:

CCF01102013_00000_zps0d448671.jpg

:popcorn: :popcorn:

:taptaptap: :taptaptap:
:baiting:
:facepalm:(tsk)

Ok, I'm getting ready to part with my IF 14 variant. It's breaking my heart, but I need to finance another purchase.

This book was the first "discovered" copy of the variant. When I picked it up in '99, Jon Mclure insisted I send him a scan so it could be included in Overstreet (variants of 15 were immediately recognized back in the late 70's, but no one had ever reported a 14 variant).

Anyway, it occurred to me that I've never put up a scan of it before. For what it's worth, here it is:

So are you still sell the book or keep it now? I thought we had a deal that if it did not sell at the convention I get it. What is the asking price now? :foryou:

These the ones from Baltimore?

These the ones from Baltimore?

I think so. No grades posted yet. Day 27 for VT Fast Track.

So are you still sell the book or keep it now? I thought we had a deal that if it did not sell at the convention I get it. What is the asking price now? :foryou:

You "had a deal" on this book? Really?!? When? What was the price of this "deal"? As far as I know the book was never actually for sale. "Getting ready to part with" is not the same as "for sale at this time."

:shrug:

:shrug:

I'm going to chalk this up to a misunderstanding.

I did not put the book up here to solicit offers. That said, several people inquired. Fair enough. You gotta try. You were not even the first in line.

I told you and the other member I spoke with what my price was, and that if I did not sell it over the weekend, it would be pressed and slabbed.

There was NEVER an agreement to sell the book to you when I returned, and I don't believe you ever made a serious offer, other than to say you were serious. When I told you my price, you said you would need more scans. That's as far as it went. I've shown the pm thread to other board members just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they agree.

The morning after I returned I told you the book did not sell and I was following through with my original plan. At this point, you began implying that I was backing out a deal.

Next time you want to try to make an unsolicited deal, do it appropriately, w/out the public emoticon vomit (which you began before I even I had a chance to respond to your first PM). And don't try to go public to strong-arm someone into selling something to you.

The book is on it's way to FL. Like I said, I'm willing to chalk this up to a miscommunication.

So are you still sell the book or keep it now? I thought we had a deal that if it did not sell at the convention I get it. What is the asking price now?

I've seen the PM thread on this and there was nothing approaching any sort of a deal. It was barely even kicking the tires. The owner of the book was clear from the start that he had other plans for selling it.

I'm going to chalk this up to a misunderstanding.

I did not put the book up here to solicit offers. That said, several people inquired. Fair enough. You gotta try. You were not even the first in line.

I told you and the other member I spoke with what my price was, and that if I did not sell it over the weekend, it would be pressed and slabbed.

There was NEVER an agreement to sell the book to you when I returned, and I don't believe you ever made a serious offer, other than to say you were serious. When I told you my price, you said you would need more scans. That's as far as it went. I've shown the pm thread to other board members just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they agree.

The morning after I returned I told you the book did not sell and I was following through with my original plan. At this point, you began implying that I was backing out a deal.

Next time you want to try to make an unsolicited deal, do it appropriately, w/out the public emoticon vomit (which you began before I even I had a chance to respond to your first PM). And don't try to go public to strong-arm someone into selling something to you.

The book is on it's way to FL. Like I said, I'm willing to chalk this up to a miscommunication.

I guess it was miscommunication all around. The emoticon thing was to bait you to answer my :takeit: PM I sent (meaning name your price and I will buy it). You state back lol "Not sure if you're serious, but I'm being pretty aggressive about pricing this. I'm looking for $2700 for it." I assured you I am very serious about getting this book by telling you to look at most of my posts that are about this book. Most people on here know that I have tried for years to get a nice copy and your book would have been a plus due to the history you posted about it.

I thought it was mine if it did not sell at the con at your $2700 asking price. I thought it would of sold since you told me you would be at the con on the weekend and I missed your PM that you sent at 11:27pm and didn't read it until I got off work later the next day so I thought it would be sold. I hoped it did not and wrote you during the con hoping you would tell me good news and what other variants you are selling also.

The reason I asked for more pics is because you stated there was some bleeding and I could not see any bleeding in the pic you posted here. That was it and you explained what the bleeding was to me so all was cool but you also stated in your PM "I'll send some more pics when I get back if it doesn't sell tomorrow." (if you did not intend to sell the book to me why would you be willing to "send some more pics") which was stated on Sunday. I did not hear back from you Sunday; I started thinking your book probably got sold so I waited until Monday to verify if it was by asking, "So how did the con go? I see you read my PM but never answered back. \(shrug\) " .

I lost my cool on Monday when you told me it was being pressed and sent to be slabbed because two other boardie tried to lowball you so they could flip it. I felt that you still thought I was not worth taking serious on buying it and again a nice copy of this book slipped out of my hands.

I may joke about some things on here but buying and selling is not one. I have sold books to people on here and had zero problems and I have bought from almost all of the dealers on here at least once at sometime with no issues. :foryou: (to say sorry) and I still want to buy from you after it comes back for a FMV if you still want to and not to "STRONG-ARM" you to sell to me.

We both need to re-read the PM and see we both had miscommunication to each other and leave it at that.

Was a little bummed. Thought 1 or 2 should have been higher in grade.

002 Incredible Hulk 215 9/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

003 Incredible Hulk 216 10/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

004 Incredible Hulk 213 7/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

005 Incredible Hulk 214 8/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

002 Incredible Hulk 215 9/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

003 Incredible Hulk 216 10/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

004 Incredible Hulk 213 7/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

005 Incredible Hulk 214 8/77 Marvel Comics 35 Cent Price Variant Universal 9.4 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

I am not feeling sorry for you.

213 is the highest graded by three grades

214 is the second highest graded behind one 9.6

215 is the second highest graded with one other behind one 9.4

216 is tied with one other book for the highest graded

Nice books

Nice books

Any variants in those grades is something you should be proud of. Good job Joey.

Nice books

+1 (worship)

Just a quick question I'm hoping someone can help with...

I recently came across a reference to DC "blue box" price variants from the late 1970s, but I hadn't heard about them before.

Here's one that's currently listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-307-LEN-WEIN-SEE-DESCRIPTION-/300881467413?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460deed815

Does anybody have a link to any further information about these vaiants?

These are printing errors that occured when they changed the plates to run the Whitman editions of some issues. The only ones I know about are Legion 252 and the DC logo in Action 495 along with the Batman 307 you linked. There might be others out there but those are the ones that come to mind.