• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

after I posted, I noticed that FF is another one of those books with the 20 cent stamp like we were discussing earlier.

Maybe the place stamping them was a Tennessee seller.

I found a couple 35s with that stamp out of a collection in eastern North Carolina, just an FYI.

:hi: I just looked the FF over real good and I could not find any sign of distribution marks on it, so I will have to agree with Mr. Donut it probably originaly came from North Carolina but wheather or not it got the stamp there is anyones guess. None of those others had the 20 cent stamp and I did purchased them from three different dealers at that show.

Always love to see a post Terry. I miss the Variant Mafia days.

Me too! Great finds Terry. We should have Variat Mafia reunions every year or so just to see how everybody is and what they are up to.

Good to see Reggie, Terry, Harry, FD and a few others still posting. Hey... this is my 1000th post and it took almost 10 years to get there! Not bad.

I'm in the process of finally organizing and indexing my collection after 28 years of collecting. And as I've been going through all my comics, it's been driving me nuts that I haven't found any price variants. I mean, you would think I would have at least a couple, especially since I bought almost all of my back issues in a known distribution zone (MA).

Well, almost 5,000 comics into my indexing, I finally just found my first price variant. And the exciting find is...

...Marvel Chillers #4 featuring Tigra!

Okay, so it's not that exciting (or maybe it is, I don't know what the hell I am talking about with these), especially since it's only a 4.5 at best, but I'm still happy to finally find one of these things in my collection. I knew I had to have at least one in here somewhere.

Well, I'm nearly done indexing my comics and I have found two more 30 cent variants: Thor #248 and Avengers #149. I only have a few more to go, so I am expecting this will be all I find. A little disappointing that I don't have any 35 cent variants, but I guess three 30 cent variants isn't bad considering I wasn't looking for variants when I put together my sets.

Well, I'm nearly done indexing my comics and I have found two more 30 cent variants: Thor #248 and Avengers #149. I only have a few more to go, so I am expecting this will be all I find. A little disappointing that I don't have any 35 cent variants, but I guess three 30 cent variants isn't bad considering I wasn't looking for variants when I put together my sets.

Don't feel bad. I have over 60,000 comics and only five 30 cent price variants with no 35 cent price variants either.

Don't feel bad. I have over 60,000 comics and only five 30 cent price variants with no 35 cent price variants either.

I bought a collection with 10,000 books in it from a known 35 cent variant area and it had two 35 centers. Then again, I bought a collection of 1,500 books from around here with 430 30 centers in it, so there's that.

Ok, I'm getting ready to part with my IF 14 variant. It's breaking my heart, but I need to finance another purchase.

This book was the first "discovered" copy of the variant. When I picked it up in '99, Jon Mclure insisted I send him a scan so it could be included in Overstreet (variants of 15 were immediately recognized back in the late 70's, but no one had ever reported a 14 variant).

Anyway, it occurred to me that I've never put up a scan of it before. For what it's worth, here it is:

CCF01102013_00000_zps0d448671.jpg

Ok, I'm getting ready to part with my IF 14 variant. It's breaking my heart, but I need to finance another purchase.

This book was the first "discovered" copy of the variant. When I picked it up in '99, Jon Mclure insisted I send him a scan so it could be included in Overstreet (variants of 15 were immediately recognized back in the late 70's, but no one had ever reported a 14 variant).

Anyway, it occurred to me that I've never put up a scan of it before. For what it's worth, here it is:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

:taptaptap: :taptaptap:

:taptaptap: :taptaptap:
:baiting: