• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

Yep Capt,

Its too bad that you live down in the sticks in Noth Cackalaky...,

..If only they had a place in N.C. with a big building that could hold several thousand people with enough room for 200 plus dealers of comics and pop culture collectibles,a large artists alley where comic artisits from all over the country could hang out and draw pictures all day,add some movie and tv personalties,and of course some former Wrestlers from the Sports Entertainment Industry and if they could do it once a year in the summer around fathers day weekend

why then you might know what is like to be in Chicago's C2E2

:preach:

Anybody got any pictures?

Want to see what the place looks like :baiting:

I managed to take about 22 pictures today before the batteries crapped out in my digital camera. I could have taken a lot more but chit happens. I'll start a thread about my C2E2 visit tomorrow afternoon. I'll be busy preparing for an open house (on our house) tomorrow morning but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

It was a nice room.. Unlike a lot of shows, not only was the ceiling very tall, but there were windows all around the room so you can see out to Chicago. The Sears Tower and other buildings were visible. Of course, when the sun comes pouring in during the afternoon, and you're trying to stare at books or talk to someone, it got a little difficult. (ask JJ) :)

I took off mid-day today. It was great meeting folks from the boards, putting faces to the names I read about... The show was the opposite of my expectations, as Friday was much slower than expected (which helped me get books signed in less time than expected, always a good thing) and today was busy, but not insane.

I think you're going to see a LOT of cool books come out of this show, as almost every guest did show up and there were a lot of facilitators and SS enthusiasts on the floor getting books signed, and sketches done. The large crew at CGC was definitely working overtime, so BIG thanks to Joe, the 2 Ryans, Paul, Miguel, and whoever else whose name I'm blanking on. :)

Now comes the agonizing part... waiting for the books to be graded and shipped back. :)

Joel

from what i heard, people started lining up at 630 am, and the ka tickets were gone by 930. i didn't see anyone who actually got any of them.

Are you talking about the signing at 2pm on Friday? My buddy and I were 44th and 45th in line around 10:45, got our bracelets at noon, lined back up at 1:45, and were out of there by 2:30. We both got hardcovers signed, as well as three HUGE posters. It was all quite painless.

Alan

From what I heard, the KA signing was very painless. I had actually talked to the Lionsgate people on Thursday, and they confirmed that not only would people get posters, but 1 additional item to be signed. I think you're going to see a few signed comics come out of that signing. I was busy Friday morning getting all of my retailer goodies from the publishers, and I thought it was going to be a zoo. By the time I heard it was so orderly, I believe there were 100 people in line.

Friday was very mellow for a show this size with so many guests and advance buzz. Saturday seemed busy but not elbow to elbow like other large or intense shows. Today I was in Anaheim for the Wizard show, which was light on attendance but not completely dead like I assumed it would be. My assumptions were way off this weekend. :)

I'm just glad to be home. Yes, LBJARM, we do need to meet up. There's a very very small chance I may need to go to Star Wars Celebration in Orlando this August, maybe we can meet up there. :)

Joel

From what I heard, the KA signing was very painless. I had actually talked to the Lionsgate people on Thursday, and they confirmed that not only would people get posters, but 1 additional item to be signed. I think you're going to see a few signed comics come out of that signing.

I saw one :whistle:

The KA signing was surprisingly well organized and quite painless. Participants did in fact get a huge cover-stock poster from each of the three KA actors who attended. People who attend were also able to get a single item signed; once mines back from the Slab Lab i'll post a pic. It was a blast... but don't take my word for it, see for yourself:

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4171.jpgIMG_4170.jpg