• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got the dreaded call from CGC today...

309 posts in this topic

Well insurance is supposed to pay for any damagae correct? No! not in my case.. The postal won't pay for it nor will cgc. I double boxed my Goon #1 had no stress marks at all. When I get the book back It now has 3 stress marks.. The book was pristine condition when it left my home. As I said it was double boxed and the inner box was bubble wrapped. When cgc sent the book back to me it was loosly between two peices of cardboard ontop of 4 cgc graded books. The outside of the box wasnt damaged so no claim can be made. They said there was no damage on the box I sent. How did the stress marks get there? nobody knows....

the other less expensive books graded 9.8 I paid 400.00 for this book from avatar as un circulated and its not worth 150.00 now

I have a buddy who had some issues. He was afraid to say anything though. I am not relating it here for fear of being banned.

Hey, who is knocking at my door.

"CGC Police - Ooops, I mean Candygram."

76flandshark3.jpg

-slym

Regaurdless of what I siad above.. CGC is the best out there! Hands Down! Even if I found out something did happen at cgc w/ my book. I would still continue to submit my books. I will never ever submit a book to P%)(.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with ripping on CGC before there is even a resolution? Fact is that

1. CGC has not even had the chance to make this right

2. We still do not know how bad the damage is.

3. We still do not know the grade.

I really wish the original poster had these 3 things first happen before spouting off.

Well I tried not to rip on CGC - I even started off by saying I have never had problems and LOVE the service they provide. I am happy that they called to let me know instead of just sending them back damaged. I'm basically just reporting what happened because I'm upset about the whole situation and i wanted to get it off of my chest while I stew about it all weekend.

They've had my books for 30 days so if they were damaged in the mail like they say - they certainly had more than enough time to atleast notify me.

+1

They told me what they are planning to do to make right and that is to "help me out on the grading fees". They also told me over the phone how bad the damage is - but regardless any damage at all is a problem. No matter what the grade is - it is damaged and would have graded higher.

Why do you "really wish that I hadn't spouted out" ? what does it matter to you? I'm sure if this happened to your books you would have a different opinion.

Sorry that the truth hurts buddy, I "really wish" this whole thing never happened.

I, for one, am glad that you "spouted off". I think that you're recounting of the events has been clinical and professional, leaving as much emotion as possible out of it. You haven't ranted and raved. You've made it perfectly clear that this hasn't been resolved and how happy you've been with the service CGC has provided in the past.

I don't think you've said or done a thing out of the way and hope that you choose to keep us informed on how this all plays out.

Were posts deleted that addressed the non-witnessed SS books? I don't see any resolution.

I can't imagine why you blood thirsty, obsessive compulsive, sex depraved comic dorks are not running through the streets with pitchforks and torches.

If that issue is, what was claimed earlier in this thread, then that's a flocking problem.

rantrant

I'm too depressed from being sex depraved to march in the streets. :(

And , I sold my pitchfork and torches on E-Bay with all my other collectible junk. :whistle:

Me too. The last details I heard was I think its a silver age ashcan style book was sent in which was worth a bit and cgc said they could not grade it thus would be returned. The person got their graded books but the ashcan was not there. CGC must have got the book to state that they could not grade it and such. Somewhere between CGC and the person the book went missing and the person called CGC. From my understanding the issue is still unresolved and CGC offer to fix the situation was to offer only half the books value. The book itself was not owned from my understanding by the person that submitted it.

I will be getting more details on this soon and I know the person involved is not impressed at all.

But regardless if a book goes missing I would think they should get full value back and thought that was CGC defence on why they charge so much for the older tiers and stuff worth anything for insurance purposes

Update of my friends situation.

This issue is over a week and bit old for my friend and they still havn't come to a resolution. The book in question is a eerie #1 ashcan in which the client payed $400 for and is the first book that this person has submitted through a friend who has submitted many times and runs a lcs. CGC said that they don't grade this book for whatever reason yet their website says they do ashcans and I am 100% positive I have seen graded ashcans (the smaller books). Why this ashcan can't be graded I do not know and if anyone knows why please let me know since my friend and his client are also interested. The original owner of the book has contacted CGC through email in which they still have not gotten a reply. Also when I was talking to the person today my friend was given originally a tracking number for fed ex in which when they looked it up online it said that the packaged was canceled in which my friend called cgc and he was given a new tracking number when this situation originally happened. Why two tracking numbers is beyond me. From my understanding the book was listed as $100 and CGC is only willing to pay $50. I know for fact that some people are unhappy with CGC at this moment.

Mistakes happen but I feel bad for the guy this is happening to since 1. this book was like his grail and 2. it cost him $400cdn in the first place and is a big loss.

EDIT: I was just pm by message the reason why eerie #1 can not be graded is because of counterfeits. Thanks for the info it is appreciated and relayed to my friend.

CGC sent me 2 books 3 weeks ago, of the 6 books I submitted. I figured the others got held up since they did call me to upgrade my tier on one of them. Well, after 2 weeks and no more books, I called them and gave the invoice #'s.. They said they were very glad I called because they lost all of my contact info. Phone# address, email, everything was gone. So they put the books in their safe until they could figure out what to do and then hope I called them! Pardon my speech but, What the H-E- double hockey stick!!!! Are you kidding me?! Lost ALL my contact info. That makes me very uncomfortable. They said they would mail them Friday 5-22...I should have them by Wed...We will see My fingers are crossed

CGC sent me 2 books 3 weeks ago, of the 6 books I submitted. I figured the others got held up since they did call me to upgrade my tier on one of them. Well, after 2 weeks and no more books, I called them and gave the invoice #'s.. They said they were very glad I called because they lost all of my contact info. Phone# address, email, everything was gone. So they put the books in their safe until they could figure out what to do and then hope I called them! Pardon my speech but, What the H-E- double hockey stick!!!! Are you kidding me?! Lost ALL my contact info. That makes me very uncomfortable. They said they would mail them Friday 5-22...I should have them by Wed...We will see My fingers are crossed

doh!

So basically I am definately going to start scanning books. I dont need my stuff getting lost or mixed up either.

doh!

looks like Steve Borock leaving was the curse of the bambino...

:o

Borock was great, but he didn't work up front.

Scott Talmadge was like glue in that place. Whenever there was a problem Scott was on top of it. The guy was (to me) the back bone of that company.

Eric and William and Joe are all great guys.

Not sure what happened there but hopefull QC improves.

R.

So basically I am definately going to start scanning books. I dont need my stuff getting lost or mixed up either.

I subbed two books which were received on March 13th on Economy tier and have heard nothing of them since. I had the moderns from the same sub back weeks ago, I'm thinking I should get in touch with them soon hm

I subbed two books which were received on March 13th on Economy tier and have heard nothing of them since. I had the moderns from the same sub back weeks ago, I'm thinking I should get in touch with them soon hm

Economy tier is waaayyy behind.

Economy tier is waaayyy behind.

Yep - according to the site, they're grading books received on March 4th for Economy, so calling them is probably not going to do a whole lot.