• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Rawhide Kid #5. Won this last night on Ebay...Real happy with this! Dont see this book that much...plus its graded. Didnt think I would win...put in a pretty low, low ball bid. :acclaim: Down to just three more comics for my #1 run of Rawhide Kid! Anyone have a # 2 4 8 they wanna sell?

Rawhidekid5.jpg[/img]

Rawhide Kid #5. Won this last night on Ebay...Real happy with this! Dont see this book that much...plus its graded. Didnt think I would win...put in a pretty low, low ball bid. :acclaim: Down to just three more comics for my #1 run of Rawhide Kid! Anyone have a # 2 4 8 they wanna sell?

Rawhidekid5.jpg[/img]

Nice looking book!! I haven't been buying, but I have books I haven't posted perhaps I should start again.

Its been a while. Getting hard to find decent copies they seemed to have dried up again. I have a couple other copies, but finally found a nice mid grade copy.

scan0017-10.jpg

Its been a while. Getting hard to find decent copies they seemed to have dried up again. I have a couple other copies, but finally found a nice mid grade copy.

scan0017-10.jpg

That's a nice copy. Mine's so beat up I never realised what a great cover this is.

Interesting observation and keen eye. It does look look like another hand: the shape of the mouth and the bags under the eyes. It actually looks a bit like a profile of Bill Clinton.

In fact, the whole cover looks like Ayers except for the figure of the Kid. The inks over the Kirby Kid look different in outline and feathering. Ayers brush work is much looser than seen here.

So who's doing redraws at Marvel in 1962? Sol Brodsky? He had a pretty clean line.

Some new stuff...!

Kid_Colt_93141.jpg

Kid_Colt_99142.jpg

...and technically not Silver, but you guys would appreciate this - only one I've ever seen...

Kid_From_Texas144.jpg

Nice books, did you get them on ebay? I love the cover on KC 93, I've been looking for a really nice copy for a while now. Heck I've been looking for nice copies of a lot of westerns for a while. lol Just picked up my first of hopefully many pages of OA from this period, can't wait for it to arrive so I can show it off.

Some new stuff...!

Kid_Colt_93141.jpg

I've seen a lot of the covers from this period but don't recall this one. It's always a pleasant surprise to see a "new" cover. (thumbs u

Though it seems to me that Kid Colt, Rawhide and Two-Gun have to be a bit more careful about stepping out on crumbling cliff edges. I wonder if the motif comes from early western serials?

:popcorn:
Just bought it yesterday. Its coming from CA so hopefully I will have it by Friday :wishluck: and post it here. I'm extremely excited to get it. :whee: Edited by BrianR

Some new stuff...!

Kid_Colt_93141.jpg

Kid_Colt_99142.jpg

I saw those on ebay - nice score! - I was going to throw down a bid cause they were going so cheap and spaced it out, glad to see a boardie picked them up.