• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Nice! (thumbs u

I take it you've formally expanded your date range?

I still haven't finished my Kid Colt. Only need a few more for my Kirby run, but I got busy with other stuff the past few months and haven't been looking. Still need a TGK #58, too, but can't bring myself to buy Harley's gnarly copy.

I just picked up a Kid from Dodge City #2 from the LCS at lunch yesterday; Everett cover and mostly Don Heck interior. (I think he gets a bad rap.) I'll posts scan later.

Some newer Westerns I have picked up... :headbang::cloud9: He shares his saddle with danger!!!!

Some Great Books!! I have been slipping outside my original collecting focus and have been thinking about getting the earlier Rawhides myself, but I still need a ton of Kirby covers.

Just expanded the date range for Rawhide Kid run....I think I bought these on the board. And they do have great covers! :headbang: I never heard back from Metro about the offer I made on the last 4 books I needed. I have never dealt with them. Maybe I should call them? (shrug)

Just expanded the date range for Rawhide Kid run....I think I bought these on the board. And they do have great covers! :headbang: I never heard back from Metro about the offer I made on the last 4 books I needed. I have never dealt with them. Maybe I should call them? (shrug)

....I've always been happy with them. Just remember, they're in it to make a living so you're not going to get a lot of undergraded books. Once you get the hang of their grading, they're actually quite consistent. They have a link on their site with their grading definitions....plus they have a lot of scans of which many can be enlarged to quite a large size....just keep clicking the image to enlarge until it won't get any larger. They have a hassle free return policy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What I've gleaned from the boards over the years is that the "Make Offer" function is mostly for show. They rarely respond and when they do, the best they'll offer is free shipping and only if it's a big ticket item.

Here's that Kid from Dodge City. It may not be an amazing HG copy, but it's a cool Atlas implosion book that I don't see often, plus I got it at lunch.

KidDodgeCity.jpg

What I've gleaned from the boards over the years is that the "Make Offer" function is mostly for show. They rarely respond and when they do, the best they'll offer is free shipping and only if it's a big ticket item.

Here's that Kid from Dodge City. It may not be an amazing HG copy, but it's a cool Atlas implosion book that I don't see often, plus I got it at lunch.

KidDodgeCity.jpg

....looks like a pretty sharp copy to me....Everett covers :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

KidDodgeCity.jpg

Yeah thats what I did...the make offer.. :tonofbricks:....figured that they would at least get back to me. Why would that even have that on there if they dont respond back? Its been a few days now...guess I am not getting a response either. :mad: The Kid from Dodge City comic is badass Bro! :headbang: i have never seen or heard of that one! :applause:

Well, no sooner do I mention that you never see a Rawhide Kid #2 for sale than one shows up on eBay. I've come to realize I have a secret power over these things.

I'm now going to mention I never see an entire run of Rawhide Kid in NM/M for sale with a BIN price of $24.99 and for some reason I'm the only person the BIN function works for.

Edited by MarkWoodcock

Well, no sooner do I mention that you never see a Rawhide Kid #2 for sale than one shows up on eBay. I've come to realize I have a secret power over these things.

I'm now going to mention I never see an entire run of Rawhide Kid in NM/M for sale with a BIN price of $24.99 and for some reason I'm the only person the BIN function works for.

I saw that one....And thanks for telling everyone who might be interested in buying one.... :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:lol

KidDodgeCity.jpg

Yeah thats what I did...the make offer.. :tonofbricks:....figured that they would at least get back to me. Why would that even have that on there if they dont respond back? Its been a few days now...guess I am not getting a response either. :mad: The Kid from Dodge City comic is badass Bro! :headbang: i have never seen or heard of that one! :applause:

This is a fantastic book. It has some of the best Don Heck art of the 50s.

I saw that one....And thanks for telling everyone who might be interested in buying one.... :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:lol

Sold for 142.50

not bad

One of the things I find cool about Kid Colt is that it was the first Timely/Atlas/Marvel "hero" title to reach #100 ( unless Millie the Model counts as a hero), even if it was just a western book.

I was wondering if KC collectors tend to stop at #138 or continue with the reprints.

Sold for 142.50

not bad

95.02 :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:lol I figured I would not get that one.

One of the things I find cool about Kid Colt is that it was the first Timely/Atlas/Marvel "hero" title to reach #100 ( unless Millie the Model counts as a hero), even if it was just a western book.

I was wondering if KC collectors tend to stop at #138 or continue with the reprints.

Millie is everyone's hero.

Millie.jpg

Not surprising - it only lasted 2 issues. lol

Thanks!