• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Anyone win anything from JScomics auctions last night? The bronze stuff was pretty strong in HG. I wanted the Wyatt Earp 29, but with other commitments I passed at the last minute. It went cheap 30.00 for a nice copy.

I've been following them for 15 years or so. I've seen more TGK 58s than Kid Colt 100 or 107s. RK 22 was impossible for a while, but has popped up with more frequency over the past 5 years.

Kid Colt #100 was real tuff....Till I had one...then I saw a bunch of them turn up...And I always had in my mind that they were tuff...So I would always bid on them..I think I have 3 copies now. (All rags) lol Same thing with Two Gun Kid #60...I always low ball on those too. But since I have been looking I dont see TGW #58 being sold at all. (shrug)

Have you seen a nice KC 100? I think MarkWoodcock has posted one, but I don't recall seeing another in nicer than VG or so ever. Mine is a VG or VG+. I've seen a couple of REAL nice Rawhide Kid 22s, a couple of 8.0ish TGK 58s, and a few KC 107s in 7.5 or better. There might have been a 7.5 on CLINK a while back, but I can't recall with certainty.

I've been following them for 15 years or so. I've seen more TGK 58s than Kid Colt 100 or 107s. RK 22 was impossible for a while, but has popped up with more frequency over the past 5 years.

Kid Colt #100 was real tuff....Till I had one...then I saw a bunch of them turn up...And I always had in my mind that they were tuff...So I would always bid on them..I think I have 3 copies now. (All rags) lol Same thing with Two Gun Kid #60...I always low ball on those too. But since I have been looking I dont see TGW #58 being sold at all. (shrug)

Have you seen a nice KC 100? I think MarkWoodcock has posted one, but I don't recall seeing another in nicer than VG or so ever. Mine is a VG or VG+. I've seen a couple of REAL nice Rawhide Kid 22s, a couple of 8.0ish TGK 58s, and a few KC 107s in 7.5 or better. There might have been a 7.5 on CLINK a while back, but I can't recall with certainty.

Yes, there was a 7.5 kc 107 on Clink , thanks to Jimjum its been in my collection for a while now :cloud9: Looks a heck of a lot nicer than a 7.5 in hand.

Edited by BrianR

Anyone win anything from JScomics auctions last night? The bronze stuff was pretty strong in HG. I wanted the Wyatt Earp 29, but with other commitments I passed at the last minute. It went cheap 30.00 for a nice copy.

Not me. Looks like some good stuff went for good prices.

Yes, there was a 7.5 kc 107 on Clink , thanks to Jimjum its been in my collection for a while now :cloud9: Looks a heck of a lot nicer than a 7.5 in hand.

It's a 9.0 with one small piece out of the back cover overhang. DEFINITELY a keeper. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Going after western lot with a Annie Oakley 11 this weekend that had a buy it now or best offer of 25.00. I offered 20.00 and waited for a response with no other offers, the silly seller took someoneone else's 20.00 which was placed after mine. doh! I guess my money wasn't good enough. :P

lol I just came on here to post the same book. Really crazy bidding going on in that auction. I had a 68 dollar snipe on that book which never took place cause it went so high. Looks like two people really wanted that book. If the person who didnt win gets a copy...does get one...maybe I can score the next one listed for 12 bucks...lol

... and I guess while I'm here -- a new western from the tail end of my collecting period --

Two-Gun Kid #79 • January 1966 • October 1965 newsstand

TGK79FJan-66.jpg

It's the only Two-Gun Kid that I have from this period aside from #57. And #57 is pretty weak condition-wise for what I like but it is an obscure period for westerns and it stays for now. (shrug)

TGK57FDec60.jpg

The new Two-Gun Kid does add overall to the collection as it joins three other books that were on the newsstand together -- October 1965 -- that I had also bought as part of my 2011 haul.

Oct65.jpg

I'll also note that the Two-Gun Kid colophon from this period is the only one that I know of where the character breaks the borders of the rectangular box -- rather dramatic.

TGKColophon.jpg

Its been a bit slow on the western front. I have a couple others I need to scan, but figured I would share these two. They are lower grade fillers until I find nicer copies, but they are fun to see.

scan0015-9.jpg

scan0014-8.jpg