• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

This has probably already been said... but yes, I do care. If I ever decide to press a book... I don't want to try and press one that has already been pressed. I have yet to have any books pressed... but I'm casually looking for candidates.

This has probably already been said... but yes, I do care. If I ever decide to press a book... I don't want to try and press one that has already been pressed. I have yet to have any books pressed... but I'm casually looking for candidates.

Depends on who presses the book the second time can be the charm. :whistle:

Depends on who presses the book the second time can be the charm. :whistle:

Interesting.

Oh, is this a pressing thread? :sick:

Yes I would like to know if a comic has been pressed or not because we don't know the long term effects pressing has on comics.

You do realise a book is pressed and heated when it is printed. IIRC I still see some books for the 1930's in high grade slabs. Did not appear to have too negative of an effect on those books.

Oh I am more then aware of the printing process due to working at two printing graphic companies. Still though pressing is an additional process which is done after the fact in which in some of the tutorials they are using moisture and different heat processes to press your book in which we do not know the long term effects of.

Actually, since books were being pressed back in the 70s and 80s, we are getting a pretty good idea of of the long term effects. I would suspect more books are damaged from being left in poly bags for 10 - 20 years than are being damaged by a book being pressed when done properly.

I suspect at the end of this poll, we will have a good idea exactly how many people in the entire world care if a book has been pressed, because they are all on this board.

Actually, since books were being pressed back in the 70s and 80s, we are getting a pretty good idea of of the long term effects. I would suspect more books are damaged from being left in poly bags for 10 - 20 years than are being damaged by a book being pressed when done properly.

I suspect at the end of this poll, we will have a good idea exactly how many people in the entire world care if a book has been pressed, because they are all on this board.

68 - NO

34 - YES

Interesting tally so far.

I voted no. But I appreciate the fact that it matters alot to some folks and that they consider it resto.

I once thought about sending in some books to be pressed but it seemed like a hassle.

I'll never ask anyone if a book I bought from them was pressed but I would disclose if I knew one of my for sale books was.

In the end I guess I just don't really care all that much about pressing. (shrug)

I also voted no. I think it would only bother me if I had the financial means to be a high grade chaser and the book used to be a 9.4 and was pressed to a 9.8. I'd feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying a 9.8 price when I could have bought a 9.4 and possibly had it pressed into a 9.8 saving myself a load of money.

I also voted no. I think it would only bother me if I had the financial means to be a high grade chaser and the book used to be a 9.4 and was pressed to a 9.8. I'd feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying a 9.8 price when I could have bought a 9.4 and possibly had it pressed into a 9.8 saving myself a load of money.

Most cases your 9.4 will turn out to be a 9.4.

And most cases your 9.4 will turn out a 9.6/9.8 :whistle:

And most cases your 9.4 will turn out a 9.6/9.8 :whistle:

:shy: