• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

Yes I do care. While I have occasionally bought pressed books, I favour ones that I think are most likely not pressed and I value those that are definitely not pressed.

I also have a high opinion of those sellers who actively disclose and will always give them my custom first and I won't buy from Steve Borock who won't disclose even when asked (and for some reason ridicules those who care about pressing). meh

Yes I do care. While I have occasionally bought pressed books, I favour ones that I think are most likely not pressed and I value those that are definitely not pressed.

I also have a high opinion of those sellers who actively disclose and will always give them my custom first and I won't buy from Steve Borock who won't disclose even when asked (and for some reason ridicules those who care about pressing). meh

Steve is out of the dealer business. He's a Heritage employee now.

Steve is out of the dealer business. He's a Heritage employee now.

True enough but the thought still counts. (shrug)

I don't mind pressing as long as it makes the book look better and that the pressing isn't done with someone's work boots or butt cheeks. GOD BLESS...

-jmbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So far this poll is very telling... a few years ago would have probably seen it reversed. Looks like the pro-pressing PR campaign has made some inroads.

At the moment the main reason most do not care is because the comic market is hot right now. At the moment very high grade copies are breaking records left and right. But if the market ever has a downturn the pressers will be the first to feel the heat. When things are going good things get swept under the rug. When things are going bad they are held under a microscope.

So far this poll is very telling... a few years ago would have probably seen it reversed. Looks like the pro-pressing PR campaign has made some inroads.

At the moment the main reason most do not care is because the comic market is hot right now. At the moment very high grade copies are breaking records left and right. But if the market ever has a downturn the pressers will be the first to feel the heat. When things are going good things get swept under the rug. When things are going bad they are held under a microscope.

What Microscope?

Pressing books will bring down the values of some of these HG books that have a zillion 9.6's or better.

May help other collectors obtain some HG books that they thought they could not otherwise afford years ago.

I think alot of the books from the BA to current will see this effect.

Not so much the SA/GA.

What Microscope?

Pressing books will bring down the values of some of these HG books that have a zillion 9.6's or better.

May help other collectors obtain some HG books that they thought they could not otherwise afford years ago.

Not so much the SA/GA.

Me, You Philladelphia... Didnt answer my PM. Now we fight. To the death.

And you still owe me a cheesesteak :sumo:

What Microscope?

Not so much the SA/GA.

Don't get a steak with that horrible cheez whiz :sick:

What Microscope?

Not so much the SA/GA.

What did u ask?

I prob already deleted the PM thread.

Or it may put collectors off of very high grade books altogether as they may not think that high grade books are very special any more.

Or it may put collectors off of very high grade books altogether as they may not think that high grade books are very special any more.

It won't be a drastic effect just slow and steady over time.

Yes. I want to know. Would it affect a buying decision - unlikely but I I want to know everything before I buy to make a more informed decision. I just think it is ethical to disclose everything about a book.