• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

The only Chew #1 CGC 9.8 is being sold on ebay for 250.00 BIN

Unrealistic? I'm wagering we will see several 9.9's

I don't know, It has that really lite paper stock. Not like WD's heavy duty covers.

41$ on eBay, auction just ended... for a VF or better... doh!

:screwy:

One just finished on eBay UK for around $15. Looks like a 9.4 from the photo.

For the last few days I have been checking all the decent Scottish comic shops (using that term loosely!), trying to find Chew #1, EVERYONE didn't have a clue what I was on about. not one person knew when it was coming out, or had heard of it, one shop swore blind it was not even out yet. In another shop I found a copy of Walking Dead #61 & showed him the preview (then bought that copy $$$$) :takeit:

Was fast giving up & was going to have to go to feebay, but had one last push & went to Glasgow.

couldn't believe my luck, 2 copies on the self!! :banana: :banana: I got them both.

they also had LOADS of Walking Dead #61, thankfully the jobsworth didn't take extra one off me, stating the usual, one per customer. I asked if there would be a problem if I bought 5 copies of WD#61, the mini hitler behind the counter said yes, cause then the comics would sell out. I asked, wasn't that the point of the shop to sell out of comics? He was lost, must be all that black ink in his hair seeping into his skull. anyway, my search of Chew #1 is over. :acclaim:

Edited by everlongcomics

Anyone else just going to trade wait on this book? There is no way I am paying more than $5 for this book, so it looks like I'm gonna trade wait it.

I should have. Since I bought #1 I might as well pick up the rest.

Anyone else just going to trade wait on this book? There is no way I am paying more than $5 for this book, so it looks like I'm gonna trade wait it.

I should have. Since I bought #1 I might as well pick up the rest.

I've added it to my pull list too.

Yeah me too, I ain't goin' thru this every month

Reckon it will stay a hot title or was it just down to the under ordering?

Yeah me too, I ain't goin' thru this every month

Reckon it will stay a hot title or was it just down to the under ordering?

I haven't even read my damn copy yet. :P Is it even any good?

I have no idea, my copy was only sent out yesterday lol

Thank you Jerel (worship)

Snagged the last 2 WD 61 from my comic shop today. IMO WD 61 will have some extra value for the insert story but its too easy to find to soar in value past the under ordered Chew #1

In the long run, I don't think that the preview will have any effect on the value of TWD 61. Savage Dragon #102, the Masters of the Universe book, and isn't there another one with the Invincible #1 preview??? None of those have any value.

With that being said, I'm hoping it will have some added value because of the insert in the short term because I've got a copy up on ebay for $12.99. I bought 4 extra copies of #61 because there's a new character and it's the first issue after a trade. #49 was tough to find, #55 is not.