• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I have several NM copies up for sale, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a pm (thumbs u

Welcome back PROBATION LIST scammer, how are you? meh

well, I dont know what he did in the past and I didnt ck to see if he was on the list. I bought a Chew #1 From him and it arrived today. It's actually a real nice copy and will be sent to CGC. I'm not sure if that will help or redeem his name but I am a happy camper from the deal we made this past week...

:o

so this guy is on the probie list and is still selling books. what a .

:sumo:

j

Okay, let's clear some stuff up.

First off, I didn't scam anyone. As Pirate can easily tell anyone, all I did was back out of a deal for my own personal reasons, and he can't seem to let that go. And if he's referring to my attempt to bury the hatchet by having him witness a signing, he blew up when I asked him if he'd take payment after the books had been signed (For the record, I've had several books witnessed by multiple witnesses, all of which accepted payment afterwards. I'd rather pay after I know the book is signed, that way nobody has to worry about sending money if the book doesn't get signed.)

Second, I didn't sell anything on the moderns boards. If you look at my posts, all I said was that I had several copies available, and seeing as how this thread is devoted to the comic, I figured these guys could use the copies the most.

Last but not least, as you have already heard from bcruze, he received his book, and to quote him, wrote "kudos to the following guys for great books and super fast shipping and well packaged books ThatOneGuy" So I would think this would clear up some confusion about the whole "scammer" thing, don't you think?

You're the one on the probation list, not me. If blowing up is refusing to grant credit to a probation member then I blew up.

I have several NM copies up for sale, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a pm (thumbs u

well, I dont know what he did in the past and I didnt ck to see if he was on the list. I bought a Chew #1 From him and it arrived today. It's actually a real nice copy and will be sent to CGC. I'm not sure if that will help or redeem his name but I am a happy camper from the deal we made this past week...

j

First off, I didn't scam anyone. As Pirate can easily tell anyone, all I did was back out of a deal for my own personal reasons, and he can't seem to let that go. And if he's referring to my attempt to bury the hatchet by having him witness a signing, he blew up when I asked him if he'd take payment after the books had been signed (For the record, I've had several books witnessed by multiple witnesses, all of which accepted payment afterwards. I'd rather pay after I know the book is signed, that way nobody has to worry about sending money if the book doesn't get signed.)

Second, I didn't sell anything on the moderns boards. If you look at my posts, all I said was that I had several copies available, and seeing as how this thread is devoted to the comic, I figured these guys could use the copies the most.

Last but not least, as you have already heard from bcruze, he received his book, and to quote him, wrote "kudos to the following guys for great books and super fast shipping and well packaged books ThatOneGuy" So I would think this would clear up some confusion about the whole "scammer" thing, don't you think?

you are missing the point, the probation list is here to present to buyers and sellers the members who have NOT completed an agreed deal. The probie list states that unless the person that the deal was broken with agrees to remove the offender, that offender CANNOT sell on the boards regardless if it is in the selling threads or any of the other threads.

The issue that put you on the probie list HAS to be corrected prior to any sales on these threads.

Using the excuse "Second, I didn't sell anything on the moderns boards. If you look at my posts, all I said was that I had several copies available, and seeing as how this thread is devoted to the comic, I figured these guys could use the copies the most." I have this one question for you, DID MONEY EXCHANGE HANDS FOR THESE BOOKS? If the answer is yes, would that not be SELLING?

The reason I'm coming down hard is the past few weeks have seen a long list of selling and buying issues spring up, and regardless if i was not invloved in one of them, I would still bring this up because the original person you agreed to deal with has not been provided a reasonable SOLUTION to the issue. It doesn't matter if bcruze got his book (but he is a cool guy!) it's the person from last year or 2007 has not be made good.

How would you like it if someone made a deal with you and it got to the point that you HAD to put them on the list and over a year and a half later they sold a book or two but didn't sell a book or two, they just exchanged money for certain books that were in high demand? Would you be happy? Guess not.

rantrant over.

j

j

you are missing the point, the probation list is here to present to buyers and sellers the members who have NOT completed an agreed deal. The probie list states that unless the person that the deal was broken with agrees to remove the offender, that offender CANNOT sell on the boards regardless if it is in the selling threads or any of the other threads.

The issue that put you on the probie list HAS to be corrected prior to any sales on these threads.

Using the excuse "Second, I didn't sell anything on the moderns boards. If you look at my posts, all I said was that I had several copies available, and seeing as how this thread is devoted to the comic, I figured these guys could use the copies the most." I have this one question for you, DID MONEY EXCHANGE HANDS FOR THESE BOOKS? If the answer is yes, would that not be SELLING?

The reason I'm coming down hard is the past few weeks have seen a long list of selling and buying issues spring up, and regardless if i was not invloved in one of them, I would still bring this up because the original person you agreed to deal with has not been provided a reasonable SOLUTION to the issue. It doesn't matter if bcruze got his book (but he is a cool guy!) it's the person from last year or 2007 has not be made good.

How would you like it if someone made a deal with you and it got to the point that you HAD to put them on the list and over a year and a half later they sold a book or two but didn't sell a book or two, they just exchanged money for certain books that were in high demand? Would you be happy? Guess not.

rantrant over.

j

I have to agree with Junk here. You are on the probation list so make amends with the seller before pimping your own books. That is how it works here. I suggest PM pirate and coming to some conclusion over the transaction.

j

rantrant over.

j

I have to agree with Junk here. You are on the probation list so make amends with the seller before pimping your own books. That is how it works here. I suggest PM pirate and coming to some conclusion over the transaction.

Agreed. The probation list is the only tool we have to keep sellers and buyers on the boards honest. Backing out on a deal gets a person on the probation list. Attempting to descretely sell books trade books for $$ is an attempt to get around the probation list that you obviously knew you were on.

j

rantrant over.

j

Agreed. The probation list is the only tool we have to keep sellers and buyers on the boards honest. Backing out on a deal gets a person on the probation list. Attempting to descretely sell books trade books for $$ is an attempt to get around the probation list that you obviously knew you were on.

I'm glad im not on that thing called the probation list. But just wait a second.. I can see if someone sent him money and he never sent a product.. but holy fudge being on the probation list for over a yr because you wanted somthing and then didnt realize maybe you didnt have the money to pay for it? Thats just flat out wrong in my book.. I dont think anybody should kneel down and suck anybody for over a yr just to get back in good standing.. I dont know the exact details of exactly what he did. I never talked to the guy prior to his post about the extra Chew #1's. I pm'd and made a deal and my books were here in 2 days.

How long should should someone stay on the list for saying I'll take it! and then realize wow, I cant cover the funds? So the guy who was selling the books has this guy in his mercy till he say's ok? Because the guy who was selling the books probably sold those books long ago to somebody else and still got paid. Yet this guy has to stay on the probation list for over a yr? Wow thats harsh... these two need to come to an agreement of some sort. How much were the books? Howmuch are we talking in the first place. If its under a hundred bucks. If so then the guy who is holding this over his head must have no life or loves having his arse kissed is all...

The probation list does not forbid anyone from buying or selling books on the boards. They are free to make deals with whomever they wish. It is incumbent upon the buyer/seller dealing with the probie to determine if they want to deal with that person. Not a defacto restriction except by harassment.

correct. I just can see someone staying on the list that long. It sounded as if he tried to make things right w/ the other guy and the seller didnt want any part of it.. Maybe I read into that wrong... But sounded to me as if he said he would pay for the books after they were signed. To me sounds like the wittness wanted money upfront.. The buyer was just making sure they got signed before he forked the money over... I dont see anything wrong w/ that..

I just posted an ad about saying I would pay for Ed Brubaker to sign my incognito.. A wittness emailed me said he would take care of it.. I havent sent him a dime.. I am assuming I will pay when he has the books signed...

The probation list does not forbid anyone from buying or selling books on the boards. They are free to make deals with whomever they wish. It is incumbent upon the buyer/seller dealing with the probie to determine if they want to deal with that person. Not a defacto restriction except by harassment.

o.k. i mis-spoke.

j

o.k. i mis-spoke.

j

And just to be clear...I would harass the tar out of them and I would not deal with any of the shifty folk on that list.

o.k. i mis-spoke.

j

And just to be clear...I would harass the tar out of them and I would not deal with any of the shifty folk on that list.

i was just making an issue of this since a lot of deal are going bad lately.

j

:banana: Just got the three I ordered at cover price in

Sell 'em :sumo:

But let me know first :gossip:

I dunno at the moment. I checked out about seven stores, and none had them. Glad I placed the order after checking the first three stores.