• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

what makes Walking Dead #49 special? Am I missing something? I have it so thank goodness

(shrug)

I just know it's damn hard to find!

what makes Walking Dead #49 special? Am I missing something? I have it so thank goodness

It was the first issue of the next TP arc, so a lot of people (including me) decided we couldnt wait for the TP anymore and started buying monthly.

Nothing in the story. It was the issue right after the 8th trade which was the exciting ending of the huge prison arc. Since many people followed that story, they switched over to singles to pick up where the 8th trade left of. The number of regular issues put out stayed the same while the number of monthly readers increased. Therefore, demand on that issue bumped up while supply was the same as previous singles.

Edited by 400yrs

My CGC 9.8 copy of Chew #1 is doing well on the bay so far :wishluck:

good luck with that sale!

you kept a copy for yourself right?

j

Thanks Jay, and yes :)

I got the only raw copy at Heores Con.

That wasn't the only one. I got 2 copies at the con also. Both are high grades. Bought from the same place. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. Probably had more hid away but they only put one out at a time.

Just got back from a LCS, asked if they had any Chew #1 left, guy behind the counter is reading the last copy and lets me buy it. Owner said they will be getting more in this or next week though. Then went to another shop not far and the owner there said they were sold out but had a few more on order and that Diamond wasn't sold out (and it's not a 2nd printing) and he would be getting them in this Wednesday or next (he's putting two aside for me). So I'm a bit shocked to see the prices these are going for.

Nothing in the story. It was the issue right after the 8th trade which was the exciting ending of the huge prison arc. Since many people followed that story, they switched over to singles to pick up where the 8th trade left of. The number of regular issues put out stayed the same while the number of monthly readers increased. Therefore, demand on that issue bumped up while supply was the same as previous singles.

The new 48-issue omnibus book came out a couple weeks ago, so users that weren't sucked in the first 5 years got a chance to get it all in one go and 49 becomes the target floppy again.

Just got back from a LCS, asked if they had any Chew #1 left, guy behind the counter is reading the last copy and lets me buy it. Owner said they will be getting more in this or next week though. Then went to another shop not far and the owner there said they were sold out but had a few more on order and that Diamond wasn't sold out (and it's not a 2nd printing) and he would be getting them in this Wednesday or next (he's putting two aside for me). So I'm a bit shocked to see the prices these are going for.

I am 99.9% sure it is sold out and that it is the 2nd print. I asked the day after they came out and 3 LCS all said it was sold out and they couldn't get anymore.

It probably depends on when they submitted the reorder...if it was within the last couple of weeks, it's been sold out at Diamond.

The second print doesn't ship until next week, IIRC.

I really find this hard to believe since it is sold out..everywhere..including diamond.

I got the only raw copy at Heores Con.

That wasn't the only one. I got 2 copies at the con also. Both are high grades. Bought from the same place. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. Probably had more hid away but they only put one out at a time.

wow Man that would suck!!!