• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I was talking to John. Apparently there is added material above and beyond the other 27 released last year.

From the June solicitations:

"Remember last year when CHEW shocked, confounded and enraged the entire comic book industry and indeed the entire world by printing an issue out of sequence? Here’s that issue all over again, in order and in context, and now jam-packed with extras and supplemental material so you’ll feel just fine about handing us 299 pennies all over again!"

John just said on his facebook he will be going to the ECCC. This what he said on facebook.

I'm just going to ECCC for fun, and am, for once, not getting a table. I'll be signing for an hour a day at the Image Booth, and will post times soon.

I hope a board member in attendance will ask him for an update on the Showtime series. A couple people have told me that they are working on it, but all my information has been third hand. Thanks for the info.

This is the last thing I remember hearing

Feb 26th 2012

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/26/chewing-the-fat-at-image-expo-with-layman-and-guillory/

"He doesn’t have any news in regards to the proposed Showtime TV series adapting the comic. There’s a director lined up, Stephen Hopkins (“Californication” “24″) who has a good track record of getting shows off the ground. There’s a writer who is a fan of the original comic and working hard to be as faithful as possible on a TV budget. Circle of Confusion, who produces The Walking Dead series is working on it. But there’s no concrete timeframe and no news beyond just that people are interested and working on it. He has Lost actor Ken Leung in mind to play Tony if the show gets off the ground, and has been sending him copies of the comic in hopes that perhaps the stars will align properly. Felicia Day was bribed with a Chew t-shirt to consider playing love interest Amelia Mintz. Layman and Day are regular e-mail correspondents."

Oh, I forgot to mention I finally upgraded my CHEW status from #1 3rd print to #1 first print :D

I'll have to take a scan and see what people think. Looks like a 9.6 but I could always hope for a 9.8. Depending on what you guys think will determine if I submit it or not.

I just picked up my first issues of this comic, and I really like it. I'm new to collecting, so I know I'm just a little behind. I bought two issues of Chew 7, and my friend and I are arguing over whether there is a stain on both my issues or if it is the art. Would someone be kind enough to post a scan of the back cover of issue 7? Thank you in advace guys. If not for this thread I would not have known about this great book!

I just picked up my first issues of this comic, and I really like it. I'm new to collecting, so I know I'm just a little behind. I bought two issues of Chew 7, and my friend and I are arguing over whether there is a stain on both my issues or if it is the art. Would someone be kind enough to post a scan of the back cover of issue 7? Thank you in advace guys. If not for this thread I would not have known about this great book!

dont have a picture but the stains are part of the art.