• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

But I guess the question is - what does this seller have, that he couldn't just send to me, for ME to submit and get a SS slab? I'd prefer to just get the books and submit and get SS, but if there's something the seller has in his possession that isn't transferrable, that was what I'm trying to understand.

If it is the auction I think it is that you are looking at the reason the seller can do this is because he is an authorized CGC witness and the book is still in his possession. Once it is sent to someone else other than CGC the chain of custody is broken and no CGC witness can say beyond a reason of doubt that the book is the exact one they witnessed being signed.

EDIT: Nevermind Branget already explained it in way less words. :)

Those Chew #1 need to be framed and you should never break the set. I need something like that for my raw copy. It is jealous of its slabbed brothers. Just need patience and it will be the most beautiful of all soon.

hi everyone :) Thought I'd share these, otherwise what use is there to owning something like this, if you cannot share. I don't even have these up on comicartfans site yet. Anyways have owned them a couple of yrs, part of a larger purchase back then. Thanks for allowing me to share. May also show this in the W.D. thread as well.

Picture377-1.jpg

hi everyone :) Thought I'd share these, otherwise what use is there to owning something like this, if you cannot share. I don't even have these up on comicartfans site yet. Anyways have owned them a couple of yrs, part of a larger purchase back then. Thanks for allowing me to share. May also show this in the W.D. thread as well.

Picture377-1.jpg

Awesome covers! :applause: