• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Just ebay it and limit your search to complted listings with most recently complted tranactions first. Also, I believe that Branget has supplied a couple dozen board members with their Chew collections and that he has the largest and best Chew offering of any seller in America.

(thumbs u I was on board with this book from the beginning,so I do have a complete run with every variant available.Only thing they are all raw.

I just sent my nicest Chew 1 to CGC ... I'm pretty confident that it'll be a 9.8 but you never know. I use a jewler eye to look at corners, but I've seen some strange results with CGC that I just can't explain so I hate to even guess anymore.

Just ebay it and limit your search to complted listings with most recently complted tranactions first. Also, I believe that Branget has supplied a couple dozen board members with their Chew collections and that he has the largest and best Chew offering of any seller in America.

In the world. :taptaptap:

In the world. :taptaptap:

You have serious issues you need to work out. lol

You weren't kidding. I thought buying one piece of OA would be the end for a bit, but it wasn't. I'm done for awhile now. Still, how could I be expected to not try for OA that included Tony getting his ear bit off?

CHEW-22-3.jpg

I'll ask again for folks who buy OA pages - is there a particular service you folks use to frame them with the original comic issue next to it?

Edited by PaulyD

I think I'm going to have to start up a business or something. For that, and for a full featured comic cataloging software package that actually keeps track of the current value of your books. Comic Collector is pretty good, but no pricing/value tracker.

Hello Chew Fans. I just started reading this series a few months ago and I feel in love with the beautiful art work and the well-written story-telling. It was my first comic after a 20+ year hiatus. It was a crazy long time but Chew got me hooked on comics again!!! Does anyone know how I can score a Chew #1 CGC 9.9? I would love to start my new collection with a bang.

I wouldn't exactly call the art "beautiful", but it works very well for the series, like Mignola's Hellboy worked for that series. I would hate it if they did Spiderman (or Walking Dead) in Chew-style art.

You weren't kidding. I thought buying one piece of OA would be the end for a bit, but it wasn't. I'm done for awhile now. Still, how could I be expected to not try for OA that included Tony getting his ear bit off?

CHEW-22-3.jpg

I'll ask again for folks who buy OA pages - is there a particular service you folks use to frame them with the original comic issue next to it?

A full service framing shop should be able to do whatever the heck you want framing/matting wise, but as it would be a special request, they would no doubt charge an extra "special" price.

i should have framed my OA when i had a good job, didn't have kids and the money wouldn't have been a big deal, now it's never going to happen. it just sits in a box.

I love me some OA <3. I still don't own anything from CHEW but I hope to be able to get a cover, but not sure how long that waiting list is :/

I really like the portfolio too, protects your art and lets you flip through it and check it out. Maybe you can start a service to SLAB OA pages lol

Edited by Tuff Ghost