• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

This new issue was fun and funny. And....

amelia makes a hot elvis!!!

i wanted to buy

the page where tony pitches

so tried to reserve that page and was told by april that someone bought the whole issue sight unseen prior to it coming out. any one on here??

and the last page was (thumbs u

I missed out on Chew. Now i'm trying to play catch up. Looking for a Chew #1 first print. Doesnt have to be perfect since its never going to be sold or graded. Just looking for my personal collection. I sent a PM to the ever powerful Branget if he had any to spare to a fellow boardie but I guess when your as omnipotent as him it is easy to overlook the little guys....lol

I wanted to get involved too but they are just too expensive. Being new to comics as a whole I just pick up as I go along and try to ignore what went before. Just because the supposed good stuff is unfortunately for me, way too costly.

That's a good way to look at things. I've paid way to much for key books that I have wanted, but I still would think if you would pick up a chew 1 1st print for $300-400 you would be very happy that you did. im still kicking myself in the for not picking up a WD 1 9.8 for $550 when I could have But that's what makes this hobby of ours so much fun you just never know

What I thought about doing was buying the trade paperbacks. Not decided on that one yet though.

i fell off the series because my darn shop only had damaged copies on the rack, which is a dumb reason to stop reading, oh well...anyway, i'm trying to figure out what to do with issues 2, 3, etc. (missed out on #1, DARN!), which are fetching some decent change... I don't see this having WD type mania, which based on my ebay sales seems to be a lot of non-comic collectors, but it could have a nice run if they turn it into something on TV

I have hope that it will get made at Showtime. As long as a pilot gets made, I'm confident that the show will get picked up. The team they have behind the pilot is top notch. There the same people who directed and/or produced Californication and House of Lies. I can't remember their names, but those guys are uber talented. Keep your fingers crossed and it never hurts to send letters and email to Showtime expressing your happiness that they are transforming Chew into a TV series.

Hey folks - I finally took the plunge (now that I'm fully obsessed with this book) and picked up a page of OA from #21.

CHEW-21-10.jpg

Anyone have any rec's on how best (or if there's a good online service) who can take my CGC copy of Issue 21 and frame next to it this awesome page of Tony as a meter maid?

Thx!

The obsessions are out of control with me now. What have CHEW covers gone for, do you guys know?

"They usually go between $750-900-ish

April"

That's the last response I received from April regarding the cost.

Hello Chew Fans. I just started reading this series a few months ago and I feel in love with the beautiful art work and the well-written story-telling. It was my first comic after a 20+ year hiatus. It was a crazy long time but Chew got me hooked on comics again!!! Does anyone know how I can score a Chew #1 CGC 9.9? I would love to start my new collection with a bang.

Hello Chew Fans. I just started reading this series a few months ago and I feel in love with the beautiful art work and the well-written story-telling. It was my first comic after a 20+ year hiatus. It was a crazy long time but Chew got me hooked on comics again!!! Does anyone know how I can score a Chew #1 CGC 9.9? I would love to start my new collection with a bang.

Welcome :) love to see more people excited about CHEW and comics in general. As far as a 9.9 goes I'll wait for Branget to respond as he would probably know :P

Here is one t hat sold on ebay to get an idea of cost:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item27c377db47&item=170783136583&nma=true&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&si=cIwYp%252B60%252FAZmTdR00l9y%252FfVHqoI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1415

You can also check out the "Want to buy" section of the forum and put a post up saying you are looking for a 9.9.

Edited by Tuff Ghost