• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Why is someone selling Chew 1 CGC 9.8 for $4,000? Compared to the first appearance in Walking Dead 61 where the seller was asking $200,000, I guess it is a steal. I don't get the extreme prices. Are these die hard fans trying to illustrate their committment to the book or husbands trying to pacify thier spouses who are demanding that they sell their comics? Call me crazy, but I just don't get it ...

This is the link to the $4,000 auction in the event someone wants to jump on it before another buyer scoops it up. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEW-Issue-1-1ST-Printing-NM-Image-comics-CGC-9-8-/250867086331?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a68d7f3fb

It's called extreme positive thinking aka too long on the crack pipe.

Any time anyone makes a crack joke I am reminded of the Chapelle Show episode where the crack, head he plays moves in with the family and cleans up his act, until they go on vacation and then he sells their house and buys his crack-head girlfriend the "Rock she always wanted" whicih is a crack rock the size of a small boulder. lol I miss Dave Chapelle.

If you are wondering about Poyo, go get yourself some Chew TPBs or HCs and dig in. The book is not for everyone, but I for one really enjoy it. I thought that the first 6 issues were some of the the absolute best issues as far as how much I enjoyed them. Because I'm a big Chew fan, I'll be reading Agent Poyo.

I remember a few people were looking for a Chew #1 so if you're interested in severely overpaying there is one in the modern sales forum. (thumbs u

CGC has had my Chew 1 for about 45 days. Ugh ... I wish they would just grade it so I can figure out if I'm going to have to buy a 9.8. My copy was awesome, but you never know and it is really hard for me to predict grades on white covers for some reason.