• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions
2 2

603 posts in this topic

Whilst I'm still not 100% convinced that auctions would be good for all parties...buyers, sellers or the community as a whole...I am convinced that we need to try it and try it properly.

Therefore, later today I'm going to be posting an auction thread with about 20-25 books, running over the weekend, and any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. (thumbs u

That is from everyone except greggy...'Marvel drek' really isn't going to help much. meh

25 books on auction ?

Actually looks more like 35... :eek:

I'm going with the 'one swallow does not a summer make' theory. I've mixed up what's on offer, different starting bids, different bid increments...

The key is going to be how well this can be managed, so I've set myself something of a task.

Now let's see if I'm up to it. :insane:

25 books on auction ?

I'm going with the 'one swallow does not a summer make' theory. I've mixed up what's on offer, different starting bids, different bid increments...

The key is going to be how well this can be managed, so I've set myself something of a task.

Good Luck (thumbs u

If you fail in any way Joe C will ride you like a donkey forever haha. I will stop in and throw a bid in, see how things go. When will you start ? :baiting:

25 books on auction ?

Good Luck (thumbs u

If you fail in any way Joe C will ride you like a donkey forever haha. I will stop in and throw a bid in, see how things go. When will you start ? :baiting:

You're not wrong there! :insane:

Should have the thread up within the next couple of hours...if I can just fine tune the 'small print'. :eek:

OK, I've done the dirty deed...

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Please post feedback here...on the format, the organisation, the layout...anything that will help progress this discussion. (thumbs u

You mean we cant de-rail the hell outta your thread ????

Please post feedback here...on the format, the organisation, the layout...anything that will help progress this discussion. (thumbs u

I hope it goes without a hitch, Nick. :wishluck:

Just out of curiosity, how many members currently on the probation thread will you be selling to? I want to be prepared with my judgmental self righteous indignation early on. :whistle:

Oh, everyone have a wonderful day and a safe holiday weekend. (thumbs u

Just out of curiosity, how many members currently on the probation thread will you be selling to? I want to be prepared with my judgmental self righteous indignation early on. :whistle:

I'll be selling books sunday, local show. And safe weekend.. with all the crazy New Yorkers invading Jersey to go to the "shore". Those people are retarded drivers :makepoint:

Edited by The Resurrection

lol

lol

Same to you, mate! (thumbs u

You mean we cant de-rail the hell outta your thread ????

Of course you can.

Just don't do it with something constructive. :insane:

Oh, and PM me about the Nick Fury scan. I'm at work at the moment and will forget if I don't have one of those flashing envelopes when I get home. (thumbs u

The format of the forum software makes it tough on multiple-book-per-post formats, as you will either have to delete a bunch of unneeded text if you wish to bid on one book, or just post the title in the post and hope that the thread starter can keep up.

Anyone but FT, and I'd be worried about the latter.

I don't think the software will allow for users to be kept out of a specific area automatically until their post count reaches a certain level. Would probably require some efforting on the part of a programmer to hack up a php -script that changes one's user group based on post count. hm

The format of the forum software makes it tough on multiple-book-per-post formats, as you will either have to delete a bunch of unneeded text if you wish to bid on one book, or just post the title in the post and hope that the thread starter can keep up.

Anyone but FT, and I'd be worried about the latter.

I don't think the software will allow for users to be kept out of a specific area automatically until their post count reaches a certain level. Would probably require some efforting on the part of a programmer to hack up a php -script that changes one's user group based on post count. hm

This is one of the things I'm really interested in. If this is going to be done, it would work far better if sellers had maybe one thread per week, or somesuch. Thousands of threads with one book in each won't work, so I want to see just how I do cope and which balls get dropped.