• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions
2 2

603 posts in this topic

I'm going to start an auction for front row seats to seeing me pile drive you in chicago.

:takeit:

Oh, wait. It's a freakin auction! doh!

20.00!!!

Unless your going in drag, you will not avoid Roy lol

I miss the icon with the 3 ??? above the graemlin.

:(

I'm going to start an auction for front row seats to seeing me pile drive you in chicago.

20.00!!!

$100.00 to the Heroes Initiative if Radovan piledrives Watson for real. :luhv:

20.00!!!

$200 if you're next.

i say let someone try it and see what happens.

(thumbs u

I don't think people realize how simple and straightforward this is going to be. If it becomes a problem, then we can deal with it, but all this chicken-little conjecture about the end of the forums as we know them is simply not going to come to pass.

I don't have any problem with running auctions. I just think that many of the board sellers are seeing $$$ in their eyes without really thinking through what the problems could be. That said, I'd like to get on the list for a "forum store" as soon as we start those up. I'd like to be pinned towards the top if possible.

I'll take the 2nd spot from the top. :wishluck:

Andy

...., or are you constantly running headlong into any random idea that pops into your head?

Shiny baubles, shiny baubles..., where? :cloud9:

Thank you. The same people who argue whether GPA is worth quoting, is pressing resto and how much thread real estate a seller should use....among other things that fail to come to mind right now.

Yeah, and although this sounds like Jim more than me, it must really irritate funny book collectors to have people with ethics on here. lollol

Hey now...I spent over $250 in the Forum Marketplace this weekend... :insane:

Jim

So what? Is there almost a consensus that there should be a test run in the VCC? (shrug) Sounds like the most sensible suggestion to me.

The increment/no increment thing needs to be decided though. It must be a lot less work for the seller to have no increment surely?

20.00!!!

$200 if you're next.

:wishluck:

I'll body slam the flamer onto the sexually confused hick!

So what? Is there almost a consensus that there should be a test run in the VCC? (shrug) Sounds like the most sensible suggestion to me.

The increment/no increment thing needs to be decided though. It must be a lot less work for the seller to have no increment surely?

The increment thing would make things messy because then people could get accused of falsifying auctions (hidden bids) but it would make for more heated bidding because of a hidden max bid...

hm

As a comment to the general idea of auctions, I don't see their place here, but I don't really care either way. However, anyone imposing their idea of what the restrictions should be, is a bit over the top. As others have said, they're your books, sell 'em however you want. But I'll add - just follow the current guidelines. ;) (whatever they may be)

-d

(thumbs u

20.00!!!

$200 if you're next.

I am not confused, sexually or otherwise. Furthermore, I would prefer a wide berth between myself and you in Chicago.

20.00!!!

$200 if you're next.

I am not confused, sexually or otherwise. Furthermore, I would prefer a wide berth between myself and you in Chicago.

:mad:

My 2c on this

and excuse me if somebody has already addressed this already - I haven't read the entire thread

PMs should not be allowed - only a post

I agree with this.

Just out of curiosity, why do we really an auction format? What is the benefit?

Ask banner - he seems to be headlining all these looser interpretations of the board guidelines. (shrug)