• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions
2 2

603 posts in this topic

That being said, I have seen some dealers list amazing books here that have not sold and I wonder why.

Could it be because they are listed by a dealer, and thus have a perception of being offered elsewhere first? The "stink" of dealer stock...so to speak.

I think it's more like the thought of huge billboards and traffic jams ...if everyone posted the way you did, I'd lose my bigdealeraphobia;)

:blush: Thanks Sharon. You are A-OK in my book too! (thumbs u

And seriously, Mike, answer one single question. Why should any boarder here give up any space at all to a dealer who already has so many avenues to sell through?

I'll do that Nick, and then drop this argument because it's not really the argument I'm coming from today.

For someone using the forum as a selling tool, you would indeed be "giving up space", but for someone looking to add to their collection, you would be gaining access to reputable sellers selling quality items. I check dealer's websites from time to time and am subscribed to some of their "New Arrivals" emails, but I'm here every day. It's nice to have 1st access to new collections, like when Vinnie sent me the whole Oakland list when he first uncovered the collection...that was sweet! :cloud9:

That being said, I have seen some dealers list amazing books here that have not sold and I wonder why.

Could it be because they are listed by a dealer, and thus have a perception of being offered elsewhere first? The "stink" of dealer stock...so to speak.

No, that can't be it.

Well I sure can't explain it. I have sold many books to board members, but always through PMs. Whenever I have listed stuff in the forum selling section it has been the kiss of death. West Texas tumbleweeds blow through my selling threads.

Except for that $25 9.6 Lois Lane issue. That was sweet.

It could be that the market here is limited when you take into account what you are trying to sell. I have a few other ideas, but I would be very disappointed if those were really the mitigating factors.

Im only a small fish dealer. But generally offer books here before I put them into stock. I buy here, I sell here, and find this place to be alot of fun. So I dont know what regular dealers are really like, but I dont try and list books that dont sell here. I have a 50% off box for that.

Billy all things go in cycles, right? I think DC is on an upswing. There is a lot of mass to that ship but it is changing direction...

Their moderns are better than Marvel right now (and I am a DC hater)

roy, what came later, the daredevil 'born again' arc, or miller's dark knight books? those would be the most "modern" books i have read. in other words, i am big-time deferring to your opinion on the relative merit of today's comics.

Dark Knight was huge and that was mid 80's

Daredevil's Born Again was a bit later.

Very good reads. DC is doing now what Marvel was doing back then...intricate, dark story lines and well developed plots. Great art.

Marvel is floundering. They just revamped Spider-man's life with a magic trick (undid the wedding between he and MJ, made everyone younger again), they turned the Marvel Universe on its ear using magic (when Scarlet Witch proclaimed "No more Mutants"...in short...very unoriginal.

There is some saving grace....Ed Brubaker is tearing up a storm with Captain America, the latest Daredvil run has been fantastic for years now and Ultimate Spider-man was doing well in the vein of innocence and entertainment that the original SA 100 issues were in...Planet Hulk was not too bad (last 1 year long story line)...but they are really hurting over all....

R.

No, that can't be it.

Well I sure can't explain it. I have sold many books to board members, but always through PMs. Whenever I have listed stuff in the forum selling section it has been the kiss of death. West Texas tumbleweeds blow through my selling threads.

:acclaim:

No, that can't be it.

It could be that the market here is limited when you take into account what you are trying to sell. I have a few other ideas, but I would be very disappointed if those were really the mitigating factors.

That is a very logical explanation that I would have to agree to. Monday on a whim I threw up 4 books on Clink that didn't sell at the VCC, all priced slightly higher than for the VCC. Two sold in about 30-45 minutes at asking price, the other two sold that afternoon at a slight discount (but more than listed at the VCC).

The audience in the FS threads here is merely a pimple on the comicbook communitys arse.

As far as dealers who sell here, nothing but great experiences (and great deals).

^^

No, that can't be it.

That is a very logical explanation that I would have to agree to. Monday on a whim I threw up 4 books on Clink that didn't sell at the VCC, all priced slightly higher than for the VCC. Two sold in about 30-45 minutes at asking price, the other two sold that afternoon at a slight discount (but more than listed at the VCC).

The audience in the FS threads here is merely a pimple on the comicbook communitys arse.

As far as dealers who sell here, nothing but great experiences (and great deals).

^^

I made a logical and intelligent post? :o

I must have been high. :screwy:

No, that can't be it.

^^

Hey, sun shines even on a dog's arse once in a while.

:foryou:

No, that can't be it.

^^

Well then I guess you are long overdue. :wishluck:

No, that can't be it.

^^

:roflmao:

No, that can't be it.

^^

Buddy I am the sun.

:applause:

No, that can't be it.

^^

Buddy I am the sun.

:applause:

Yeah, full of hot air and gas. :roflmao:

How did this end up? I don't remember.

Items ended at record prices, sniping, accusations of shill bidding & other improprieties, multiple General Forum posts regarding such. You know, same ol' same ol'. :P