• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx #3 Black - Research
4 4

462 posts in this topic

Belgium.

(thumbs u

(ok, maybe Netherlands. One of the west coast countries. Not Germany or UK.)

By the way....I'm STILL sitting on a pile of #2 blacks.

If anyone has a Black #1, Red #2, Blue #3, and Yellow #2 and #3 they want to trade, I still need those.

(thumbs u

Welcome to the forums Baslug!

It's so cool to meet yet another person who is as excited about these books as we are. I knew they were rare when I bou'vght them, but, for me, rare books are only fun if you can share them with other collectors. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I found this forum.

Good luck on your search to find your missing issues- and don't forget to check the foreign eBay's, since they do pop up on there on occasion (like that black #3 that sold for a fraction of its value last year.)

Foreign eBay's???!!! holy hell, i'm in trouble.

there's no telling what ridiculous s*** i'm gonna find and talk myself into buying!

but seriously... which countries actually have a comic book collectors market? i figure Canada and the UK would... but are any of the others worth watching? Singapore? New Zealand? Korea? :)

which country did the black #3 pop up?

It was the netherlands and the seller also had a number one yellow I bought off him. There was a number 3 red that came with a letter from Image that went pretty cheap not too long ago...still missing two for my set!

Welcome to the forums Baslug!

It's so cool to meet yet another person who is as excited about these books as we are. I knew they were rare when I bou'vght them, but, for me, rare books are only fun if you can share them with other collectors. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I found this forum.

Good luck on your search to find your missing issues- and don't forget to check the foreign eBay's, since they do pop up on there on occasion (like that black #3 that sold for a fraction of its value last year.)

Foreign eBay's???!!! holy hell, i'm in trouble.

there's no telling what ridiculous s*** i'm gonna find and talk myself into buying!

but seriously... which countries actually have a comic book collectors market? i figure Canada and the UK would... but are any of the others worth watching? Singapore? New Zealand? Korea? :)

which country did the black #3 pop up?

It was the netherlands and the seller also had a number one yellow I bought off him. There was a number 3 red that came with a letter from Image that went pretty cheap not too long ago...still missing two for my set!

Ergh. I knew it was the Netherlands. Even typed that first, then changed it.

For some reason, Belgium stuck in my head.

Hey, guess what's not sitting in a stack on a shelf anymore... :)))

IMG_0350.jpg

Frames by Frame it Again, Sam!- took about a month (longer than the 7-10 day estimate) but the end product is really nice. I originally had purple backing boards on "yellow" and yellow behind "black" and it looked ridiculous, so I just kept black for "yellow" and bought some silver for behind the "black". The effect is much better IMO.

Oh, and what's that Maxx #2 cover over there on the left... just a little commission I had done by the fabulous Douglas Paszkiewicz of Arsenic Lullaby fame: http://www.facebook.com/douglas.illustrator

Now to send my husband to San Diego Comic-con with my blues and reds- hope he can handle the stress, although it won't be nearly as bad as when I sent him to SDCC with my yellows and blacks.

Welllll, honestly, CGC should've never let those books leave in that holder. And until CGC says they're going to pay for all shipping and correct the holders in fewer than six-ten weeks, I can't say I blame her for not being quick on sending them back.

Welllll, honestly, CGC should've never let those books leave in that holder. And until CGC says they're going to pay for all shipping and correct the holders in fewer than six-ten weeks, I can't say I blame her for not being quick on sending them back.
+1

(thumbs u

I always wondered if those Locke & Key Signed Editions (from the first arc) SS holders had this same "problem" when graded.

They knew about it within minutes of them being posted last year. I Pm'd with Litch and Pierson about it. They made it seem like it was being taken care of with all available speed. It apparently got forgotten.

They knew about it within minutes of them being posted last year. I Pm'd with Litch and Pierson about it. They made it seem like it was being taken care of with all available speed. It apparently got forgotten.

it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Hey, guess what's not sitting in a stack on a shelf anymore... :)))

IMG_0350.jpg

Frames by Frame it Again, Sam!- took about a month (longer than the 7-10 day estimate) but the end product is really nice. I originally had purple backing boards on "yellow" and yellow behind "black" and it looked ridiculous, so I just kept black for "yellow" and bought some silver for behind the "black". The effect is much better IMO.

Oh, and what's that Maxx #2 cover over there on the left... just a little commission I had done by the fabulous Douglas Paszkiewicz of Arsenic Lullaby fame: http://www.facebook.com/douglas.illustrator

Now to send my husband to San Diego Comic-con with my blues and reds- hope he can handle the stress, although it won't be nearly as bad as when I sent him to SDCC with my yellows and blacks.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

:whee:

:cloud9:

I never heard a peep from CGC- emailed them myself this week and confirmed that shipping and processing would be on their dime, so I'm sending them back.

Honestly, I was just happy to have them finally graded, so like the PP stated, I just wasn't in a rush. Since I'm not selling them, the only person it's inconveniencing is me, since I now have to pack them up and ship them. :)

I never heard a peep from CGC- emailed them myself this week and confirmed that shipping and processing would be on their dime, so I'm sending them back.

Honestly, I was just happy to have them finally graded, so like the PP stated, I just wasn't in a rush. Since I'm not selling them, the only person it's inconveniencing is me, since I now have to pack them up and ship them. :)

I agree with you. Kudos to you for straightening this out.

....just a little teaser... I had my 2 yellow Qualifieds fixed AND had the rest of my collection graded.

It was good. :)

Pics and a review of the process to follow once my custom frames come in. :)

....just a little teaser... I had my 2 yellow Qualifieds fixed AND had the rest of my collection graded.

It was good. :)

Pics and a review of the process to follow once my custom frames come in. :)

:luhv: