• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx #3 Black - Research
4 4

462 posts in this topic

that was a very nice way to say it. i couldn't figure out how to respond to that without being very rude and/or vulgar... but i share your sentiment.

Anyone ever collected the Topps card set? Here's the redemption card.

image_zpsc9b3dfcd.jpg

i have the full base card set, but only a couple of the chase cards... i'm sure that redemption card looks much better than the scan makes it appear

Anyone ever collected the Topps card set? Here's the redemption card.

image_zpsc9b3dfcd.jpg

i have the full base card set, but only a couple of the chase cards... i'm sure that redemption card looks much better than the scan makes it appear

It does. The picture is out of focus. Hard to get a good image of shiny foil cards. I'll have to find the source again but I think 200 were created and far less actually redeemed.

It is interesting/bizarre that image would send three of these to one individual.....the only back story was that this seller found an envelope of these in his attic?

Dude, not just an attic, his FATHERS attic. I have spoken to him on the phone. He said he was 73 years old. I totally believe it.

I dunno how old his father was....but man, talk about bizarre.

I appreciate the seller revised his listing, there is zero chance that book was a 9.0 or greater.

Just checked up on it, #81 is gone for $400 it looks like.

I was hoping to get another one to trade a black or something with, but I think its going to be way too rich for my blood. I am just happy I got one at all.

No that was another seller, in Cali I think. Actually had a good collection of stuff, but I was just interested in the ashcans. Wanted $200 for all three, a bit high for just blues that werent CGC

Here is the blue ashcans...

Edited by MetalPSI

AND I missed out on a blue #1 #2 #3 :(

Wanted too much for them I think....

Did this same seller have those as well? He mentions other items in his listing...

He told me he has a red Stormwatch ashcan and a #1 Maxx glow in the dark and some others, didn't say what else there was.

I am pretty broke right now so didn't bother asking him what else there was lol

Between eBay and here, I have spent far too much. I really gotta stop for awhile.

It is interesting/bizarre that image would send three of these to one individual.....the only back story was that this seller found an envelope of these in his attic?

Dude, not just an attic, his FATHERS attic. I have spoken to him on the phone. He said he was 73 years old. I totally believe it.

I dunno how old his father was....but man, talk about bizarre.

I appreciate the seller revised his listing, there is zero chance that book was a 9.0 or greater.

Just checked up on it, #81 is gone for $400 it looks like.

I was hoping to get another one to trade a black or something with, but I think its going to be way too rich for my blood. I am just happy I got one at all.

I find it odd people are willing to shell out $400+ for one of these in a heartbeat, when RMA's #2 blacks went unbid multiple times at $450.

Edited by spreads

I find it odd people are willing to shell out $400+ for one of these in a heartbeat, when RMA's #2 blacks went unbid multiple times at $450.

to be fair, how many known copies of the #3 Yellow are out there? Just from this thread alone, we know there are 11 verifiable copies of #2 Black -- and at one point, RMA was sitting on 10 of them (pretty sure he's sold/traded a couple). but until these yellows popped up, the only #3 Yellow we've seen was ibeforej's (in her very lovely framed set of all 12).

now, don't take me wrong here... I'm not trying to take anything away from RMA... he know's what something is worth and where to set his prices. i'm just saying that the #3 Yellows are probably more rare, even if they had a larger print run... and at the same price point, I'm not surprised they're moving quicker.

Edited by baslug

to be fair, how many known copies of the #3 Yellow are out there? Just from this thread alone, we know there are 11 verifiable copies of #2 Black -- and at one point, RMA was sitting on 10 of them (pretty sure he's sold/traded a couple). but until these yellows popped up, the only #3 Yellow we've seen was ibeforej's (in her very lovely framed set of all 12).

now, don't take me wrong here... I'm not trying to take anything away from RMA... he know's what something is worth and where to set his prices. i'm just saying that the #3 Yellows are probably more rare, even if they had a larger print run... and at the same price point, I'm not surprised they're moving quicker.

It was chance occurrence he had such a large stack, just like this seller finding three copies. And he's been slowly selling them, I'm quite confident once they're gone the supply of them will dry up. Look at how often the rest (excluding blue) of the #2s show often? The second yellow is very seldom seen, and you could make a case the number 2 red is as rare as the number 3. I've definitely seen more number 3 reds, than number 2s.

I came very close to buying extras of RMA's blacks, especially when they were going unsold at $450. I think I low-balled him a few offers in the $250 range. :D Wisely, he rejected.

Well with what looks to be the one in the worst shape selling for $400, I don't think they are going to go much cheaper than that....I am hoping I came out of this deal ahead. I am quite worried about what grade this is going to turn out to be.

Are there any Red #2's and 3's out there for sale? Or are they more a random occurrence?

Let me add every single one except yellow #3 lol

Man getting these ashcans together is going to be one of the hardest challenges I have put on myself I think

Are there any Red #2's and 3's out there for sale? Or are they more a random occurrence?

Be patient, they are out there...but don't hold your breath on high-grade copies, which makes that set of 12 that much more impressive.

I drool everytime I see that pic....ibeforej is a very lucky individual. We have exact some tastes for Maxx and Tick lol