• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMG!!!!!!

231 posts in this topic

Doesn't this new bidder - a***p - look legit?

Nope, that bidder's an absolute tool.

Someone you know lol

Some days, other days he seems like a complete stranger.

Well, I hope he wins :insane:

Seems like he needs cheering up!

If you're a seller, selling a $10K + book....allowing returns inspires consumer confidence. For example, book gets damaged in shipping due to seller packing book wrong....would you tell a buyer that shelled out that much money, sorry bub! No returns!

Damage is a different matter, involving insurance.

Taking returns on a CGC graded book opens yourself up to buyer's remorse. Some schmuck bids way too much in the heat of battle, realizes he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, or his wife cuts his sack off, and he wants a refund. Then what? I eat the fees on a 10K + book? Or what if the buyer decides CGC ed up, and it's a weak 9.4? Why should I be responsible?

Or...some schmuck buyer decides he doesn't agree with CGC's grade, then tells you that a book which had been in the slab all of three weeks when it was sold has "SCS" (yes, I understand that short time doesn't PRECLUDE SCS, but it does reduce the likelihood), then demands that the SELLER pay the return shipping, even though the auction clearly states the buyer is responsible, and, because the buyer is a cheap jerkwad, could instead simply tape the box back up, take it back to the PO, "refuse" it (which is against USPS policy), and have the book end up lost in the USPS system.

Then, even though the seller STILL has done nothing wrong, the buyer could, instead of waiting for an INSURANCE claim to go through, file a chargeback against you...again, even though it was the buyer's fault that the book is now lost in the USPS system...assuming the buyer even sent the book back in the box at all...which then rips that amount out of the seller's Paypal account, causing them to IMMEDIATELY have to cover it, while waiting MONTHS for either the bok to show up or the insurance claim to go through, and having the buyer waltz out on the insurance charge which the buyer rightfully owes.

Not that the seller is, ya know, bitter or anything. And yes, this is a true story, and yes, it involves members of this board. It caused the seller to no longer accept returns on CGC books. You don't agree with CGC's grades, take it up with them, or DON'T BUY CGC GRADED BOOKS. Don't punish an innocent seller who is gracious enough to even TAKE returns.

/rant

Doesn't this new bidder - a***p - look legit?

Nope, that bidder's an absolute tool.

My Dad allways said..."Son if you are going to Argue your point and continue to stick to your story...you better be darn sure you are completly 100% correct, cause if you are not Son, you look like an individual_without_enough_empathy" :preach:

Wow.

That was intense. I reallllly needed to get that off my chest.

I need a beer.

We need more details so we can share your pain and lighten the load.

More details...?

lol

Um....lessee...the buyer also got pizzy in e-mails, demanding that, if I didn't refund him in the next DAY, he would file a chargeback? That the buyer, far from being understanding, was UNBELIEVABLY rude? That the buyer, when I offered free shipping via Media Mail, and an "upgrade" to Priority Mail for only $7 (the flate rate box cost $9.30 to ship at the time), he chose Media Mail...which is fine, that's his right...but then COMPLAINED when he sent it BACK Media Mail that it was taking too long.....?

;)

I gotta admit, that one really stung. First, last, and only time in 11 years on eBay that I ever had an "official" complaint OR a chargeback.

And what makes this jackarse even worse is that I lost that chargeback (because that's how credit card companies work) and that is forever a blemish on my Paypal record. The guy couldn't simply be a man about it and WAIT for the insurance claim to go through.

And if anyone thinks they don't count that against you, think again.

More details...?

lol

Um....lessee...the buyer also got pizzy in e-mails, demanding that, if I didn't refund him in the next DAY, he would file a chargeback? That the buyer, far from being understanding, was UNBELIEVABLY rude? That the buyer, when I offered free shipping via Media Mail, and an "upgrade" to Priority Mail for only $7 (the flate rate box cost $9.30 to ship at the time), he chose Media Mail...which is fine, that's his right...but then COMPLAINED when he sent it BACK Media Mail that it was taking too long.....?

;)

See, you feel better already don't you?

The buyer is on these boards you say hm

Ayup. But I won't ever out him, not even in private.

Well, I may do it in private, but certainly not in public.

He knows who he is, and he knows what he did. If he wants to out himself, he is free to.

He owes me an apology for the grief he put me through, and $6 and change for the insurance that he rightfully owes. I doubt I'll ever get either. He owes the USPS an apology for lying to them and "playing the system" by "refusing" a package he'd already opened, four days after he received it. Thank God the USPS pays you back for the shipping.

Are you talking about the "Your Welcome" guy?

Oh, dear God, no. ;)

That guy annoyed me, but he didn't do THAT. Plus, I don't think the "your welcome" guy was a member.

No, this happened recently. I'm still waiting on the insurance claim, as a matter of fact.

lol right after I retracted my bid the shiller with 6 feedback retracted theirs. Then I got this message from the seller:

"Just want to know why you would put in a bid for $8M? Just tying

so see how much you can manipulate the auction. Not cool! "

That's proof of shilling, no?

-slym

Oh, dear God, no. ;)

That guy annoyed me, but he didn't do THAT. Plus, I don't think the "your welcome" guy was a member.

No, this happened recently. I'm still waiting on the insurance claim, as a matter of fact.

Out 'em :sumo:

Oh, dear God, no. ;)

Out 'em :sumo:

I think that is going on in another thread. hm

lol right after I retracted my bid the shiller with 6 feedback retracted theirs. Then I got this message from the seller:

"Just want to know why you would put in a bid for $8M? Just tying

so see how much you can manipulate the auction. Not cool! "

That's proof of shilling, no?

-slym

I thought the same thing at first, "how does he know how much he bid?", but then remembered that they show the amount of your bid when you retract.