• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMG!!!!!!

231 posts in this topic

... and I added that paratrooper feedback for more comic effect since I figured it obviously wasn't you. Still pals?

Ok dude, but ya owes me a beer. :grin:

Deal!

+ Lauren wrote me a note just in case

... and I added that paratrooper feedback for more comic effect since I figured it obviously wasn't you. Still pals?

Ok dude, but ya owes me a beer. :grin:

Deal!

+ Lauren wrote me a note just in case

She'll be our designated driver!

Why would he add this to his auction listing?

"As PURE Coincidence - COMIC LINK Has A CGC 9.4 #4 Issue At Auction That Ends On 6/23. However, That Issue Has OFF-WHITE PAGES And Is At $8,101 After Three Days"

I know this auction isn't legit at least as far as the bidding is concerned, but if it was, would the the page quality be worth that big of a difference in price? And why would you advertise another person's auction in your auction?

Please, this auction is now 20K higher than GPA 9.4(15k) I dont know anyone that f :censored: ing dumb to buy this comic for that price

Nail. Head.

Have you people been paying attention to the high grade Marvel market in the last year? This is far from being the craziest price paid for a book.

To be honest, no.

:roflmao: Fair enough. This price although nutty is not out of the realm of possibility of being legit given some of the insanity lately. If a 9.6 copy of FF 72 can go for over $7K, which is about 5x GPA high, why not a key SA book for 2.5x GPA high (shrug)

Don't get me wrong, I think there is some serious punishment bidding going on and it's a crazy high price for the book.

(thumbs u

I'm not big on Marvels or their prices at all. I use GPA to base my buying/selling prices on, and 9/10 anything I auction at 99p starting bid hits at around GPA. That was why this price got me so much.

I know records and trends are there to be broken, but by that much? Wow!

So, I have seen a lot of people wondering in my CGC 9.4 Avengers #4 auction on Ebay is being shilled and if I had some part of it. Yes, from the two retractions, it appears that was the case. However, I am not involved in this at all. I never realized that some members would play around with the biding process to manipulate pricing. I have sold ton of my personal collection in the last 6 months because of medical bills for my son, and I have never experience this kind of immaturity. Perhaps, when I decide to move the rest of my collection at some time, I will be forced to go to Comiclink or Pedigree or Heritage Auctions. That is why I added the last comment on the auction.

For my policies, why would I allow returns on CGC graded items? I have seen that. And I package so well, none of of my books have ever had damage. I also pay for all insurance on the bids and the shipping. I ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH BUYER EVERY STEP OF THE WAY UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE BOOK. Furthermore, after seeing the email chain on this book, it looks like silver.age.comic.collector (bidder with 6 rating) pulled out and then Paratrooper pulled out the $8M. If the $8M bill was used to fish out the shiller, I can kind of see that. IN ESSENCE THE GOOD SHILL IS STILL A SHILL THOUGH. Now Paratrooper54 is the high bidder again, but hopefully this is a legit bid. Or any others that come through.

That is what amazes me. If everyone just bid honestly and didn't want to market manipulate, this discussion would never have happened. I am amazed how high this auction has gone, shocked. If its all demand/supply, that is awesome for the industry as a whole. If there is manipulation, it's really bad.

Done with my diatribe - I only joined this society just to shed light on this. Let's see where this goes, but if some how more manipulation goes on by bidders, I will get Ebay involved. Take care, all. Thanks.

I am amazed how high this auction has gone, shocked. If its all demand/supply, that is awesome for the industry as a whole.

Hello, Welcome to the boards!

What you have is an old label CGC slab of a super hot key. What it boils down to is that it is a prime candidate to get professionally pressed and resubmitted for a potentially higher grade... thus all the interest. Continued good luck with your sale & my sincere best wishes for your son!

I feel bad for the guy.. :(

Welcome To The Boards.

Of course you would. That was the intent.

Not like the whole kid thing, that is maybe to much. It may be true, or may be otherwise. But just the overall monkey business.

And score +2 for you. Got me yesterday in Bills thread by asking my infinitely STUPID question.

And 1 today for me being a sucker for sobb stories.. :foryou:

Welcome To The Boards.

Not like the whole kid thing, that is maybe to much. It may be true, or may be otherwise. But just the overall monkey business.

And score +2 for you. Got me yesterday in Bills thread by asking my infinitely STUPID question.

You get a pass. When people have kids, their emotions turn to goo.

Welcome To The Boards.

You get a pass. When people have kids, their emotions turn to goo.

Emotions, plus brain :(

I get a pass :banana:

So, I have seen a lot of people wondering in my CGC 9.4 Avengers #4 auction on Ebay is being shilled and if I had some part of it. Yes, from the two retractions, it appears that was the case. However, I am not involved in this at all. I never realized that some members would play around with the biding process to manipulate pricing. I have sold ton of my personal collection in the last 6 months because of medical bills for my son, and I have never experience this kind of immaturity. Perhaps, when I decide to move the rest of my collection at some time, I will be forced to go to Comiclink or Pedigree or Heritage Auctions. That is why I added the last comment on the auction.

For my policies, why would I allow returns on CGC graded items? I have seen that. And I package so well, none of of my books have ever had damage. I also pay for all insurance on the bids and the shipping. I ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH BUYER EVERY STEP OF THE WAY UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE BOOK. Furthermore, after seeing the email chain on this book, it looks like silver.age.comic.collector (bidder with 6 rating) pulled out and then Paratrooper pulled out the $8M. If the $8M bill was used to fish out the shiller, I can kind of see that. IN ESSENCE THE GOOD SHILL IS STILL A SHILL THOUGH. Now Paratrooper54 is the high bidder again, but hopefully this is a legit bid. Or any others that come through.

That is what amazes me. If everyone just bid honestly and didn't want to market manipulate, this discussion would never have happened. I am amazed how high this auction has gone, shocked. If its all demand/supply, that is awesome for the industry as a whole. If there is manipulation, it's really bad.

Done with my diatribe - I only joined this society just to shed light on this. Let's see where this goes, but if some how more manipulation goes on by bidders, I will get Ebay involved. Take care, all. Thanks.

Seriously...and no offense...but are you new to eBay? (your FB says "no.")

You're shocked that this kind of nonsense happens on ebay? Really?

It's EBAY.

And good luck getting eBay to try and help you...like Chief Wiggum said "we're powerless to PROTECT you, not punish you."

Paratrooper from the boards bid on the auction...and then retracted the bid? ???

Yes, and then as a jerk he bid on it again. In fact I think he said he has the two top bids up at the moment. And he also is planing on removing them soon as well. Personally it's jacked up to do to an actual auction.