• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

So, following Vince's post - and his castigation at the hands of some - we've had two more examples of scamming going on in the Marketplace?

He might have smeared the drama on rather thickly, but who'd like to step up now and tell him that he was wrong? (shrug)

I think the new layout facilitates it. With everything spread out, there are less eyes reviewing the threads.

I said it in the Marketplace General Discussion and I'll say it here. This is going to end badly. :(

Well, if you try to run a scam in the Marketplace, and then start threatening someone who outed you...yeah, it's going to end badly.

I meant more along the lines of how Colin is going to react when he sees all of these reactions. It will be meltdown city.

Hopefully, he can just swallow all of this down and move on. :wishluck:

I'm more concerned about how he justifies an attempted scam within his own community, and then thinks that the person who outed him is in the wrong and deserves threatening.

What does that say about him? (shrug)

I said it in the Marketplace General Discussion and I'll say it here. This is going to end badly. :(

Well, if you try to run a scam in the Marketplace, and then start threatening someone who outed you...yeah, it's going to end badly.

I meant more along the lines of how Colin is going to react when he sees all of these reactions. It will be meltdown city.

I'm more concerned about how he justifies an attempted scam within his own community, and then thinks that the person who outed him is in the wrong and deserves threatening.

He comes off looking like a real jerk.

I would say most of the people scamming really aren't invested in the boards, if you know what I mean. They don't meet people. They aren't really involved in the conversation. More often than not, they are repeat offenders.

...but it will make sales tougher to close more than before because members will be very distrustful of each other.

Oh, I don't think that's true. As I've said many times before, if Satan had a book you really needed to fill a run, many people would be sacrificing goats whilst dressed in black robes as 'Hand Of Doom' played backwards on the stereo.

You only have to look at the people who pounce all over noobs if there's any sniff of books for sale. Everybody wants a deal - it's the mentality that's kept eBay going waaaaay after its death - and whilst that remains the case, scams will continue. (thumbs u

...but it will make sales tougher to close more than before because members will be very distrustful of each other.

Oh, I don't think that's true. As I've said many times before, if Satan had a book you really needed to fill a run, many people would be sacrificing goats whilst dressed in black robes as 'Hand Of Doom' played backwards on the stereo.

You only have to look at the people who pounce all over noobs if there's any sniff of books for sale. Everybody wants a deal - it's the mentality that's kept eBay going waaaaay after its death - and whilst that remains the case, scams will continue. (thumbs u

The last picture I saw of you, you did kind of have an Anton Levey look about you . . . hm

The last picture I saw of you, you did kind of have an Anton Levey look about you . . . hm

lol

Okay, I give on that.

Some folks do not care who they buy from, as long as they get the books they want.

Trust me, I am in no way defending his actions. Just making a prediction of the increased drama that will publicly ensue.

He and I have had our own tussles before, so I know how inflamed he can get.

Trust me, I am in no way defending his actions. Just making a prediction of the increased drama that will publicly ensue.

Point well taken TJ. Helmet strapped on and ready to go.

comicwarhell1.jpg

He went bananarama on Chandler Rice one time, also. It was surreal.

He went bananarama on Chandler Rice one time, also. It was surreal.

So this is a person that can admit no wrong.

He comes off looking like a real jerk.

How is that different than any of his other posts? (shrug)

Sorry I didn't reply to the questions people. I was packing a near full run of ASB&R including variants that sold for £11 on ebay. I wasn't happy with the price at all, I didn't realise I could just sod the buyer off and re-sell them graded higher for more.

maybe he is luxx's brother or cousin?

joking of course, but it is disturbing that all of the sudden some longer tenured boardies seem to be taking the stupid pill and pulling scams (i know collin has only been registered a few months prior to me). i'm trying to build my rep one inch at a time (much to lebowski's chagrin :foryou: , again i kid) and these keep doing stupid stupid things all for a bit more money.

i just don't get it.

j