• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

I said it in the Marketplace General Discussion and I'll say it here. This is going to end badly. :(

Well, if you try to run a scam in the Marketplace, and then start threatening someone who outed you...yeah, it's going to end badly.

I meant more along the lines of how Colin is going to react when he sees all of these reactions. It will be meltdown city.

Hopefully, he can just swallow all of this down and move on. :wishluck:

I'm more concerned about how he justifies an attempted scam within his own community, and then thinks that the person who outed him is in the wrong and deserves threatening.

What does that say about him? (shrug)

He comes off looking like a real jerk.

How is that different than any of his other posts? (shrug)

hm

Let's not make this personal, J. Because I will END YOU! :slapfight:

I got your back TJ.

He doesn't need it. His Shaolin Wombat style is flawless . . .

fighting0078.gif

:roflmao:

I got your back TJ.

He doesn't need it. His Shaolin Wombat style is flawless . . .

fighting0078.gif

i can't see the image but it better be funny when i get home and see it.

i only expect the best out of you guys (and i was a former ufc fighter myself :gossip:)

j

that ufc thing is a lie

And when will Bhooks be back?

I think we've seen that last of Hooks.

:(

What? Why? :popcorn:

Link.

Missed that thread, thanks for posting the link. Not sure why "we've seen the last of him" from that thread, however. Is there another link with his comments/response?

Link.

Missed that thread, thanks for posting the link. Not sure why "we've seen the last of him" from that thread, however. Is there another link with his comments/response?

Hooks has been MIA since Divad's thread.

Link.

Hooks has been MIA since Divad's thread.

He's on a retreat with his press learning technique...

:insane:

I got your back TJ.

Oh THAT'S who "TJ" is.... :idea:

You folks and your love of using people's real names, as opposed to their screen names....it gets very confustilating!

I got your back TJ.

You folks and your love of using people's real names, as opposed to their screen names....it gets very confustilating!

If you ever sold some of your sweet, sweet horde books, you would know who all of us are . . .

hi,

I'm Annaka. :foryou:

Wait a minute. Last time you told me your name was Barbra Streisand, but to call you Babs.

Now I'm confused. That's not your name? :frustrated:

I got your back TJ.

If you ever sold some of your sweet, sweet horde books, you would know who all of us are . . .

That would be like selling Microsoft stock in 1987.

lol

hi,

I'm Annaka. :foryou:

Wait a minute. Last time you told me your name was Barbra Streisand, but to call you Babs.

Now I'm confused. That's not your name? :frustrated:

Dude I'm dying... :roflmao:

So now, what do you have?

A few other private sales, but I'm not going to post them. It's up to the buyer.

Pardon me if I missed something. I won't be able to read the full thread until later, but if you're going to make accusations, the correct thing to do would be to "out" these offenders.

Otherwise, it's akin to using an "unnamed source" in a newspaper story. If they're :censored: people...give 'em up. At least a PM to those of us that buy many books on this site. I haven't had a problem...yet. (shrug)

As many of you know, I've been here through thick and thin, have had my fair share of trolls and have dished out and taken a lot of abuse, but lately I'm really starting to wonder about this place.

It seems to be forum scam after forum scam, with no end in sight. Maybe it's the economy, but I'm a tad hesitant to do business on here anymore, and it feels like the reprobates are running the Marketplace. Ripping off buyers doesn't sit well with me, and it doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of "forum camaraderie".

If this blatant scamming continues, I can't see a reason to be part of this community any longer.

Trolls will cheer, most will shrug, but the base problem should still be disconcerting to most.

Haven't read the whole thread--I will try at some point--but isn't this a bit reactionary? You know that there are lots of trustworthy people on here, and I don't see how flameouts by the likes of CapFreak and would impact your trust in them???