• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

8/21/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

CAP_FFreek

Chi Bamm

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Nascar

Sid

:sumo:

Maybe it should divided into people who took money and never sent and people who promised to buy and never paid or put NS for never sent and NP for never paid.

Yeah.

Stealing (taking money without sending books) is worse than fibbing about buying.

Maybe a Bad Seller list and a Phantom Buyer list.

Well, I dislike doing this, but re-add CAP_FFreek to the list of people who have not paid within 30 days. He did a BIN for a whopping $11.00 Fantastic Four book:

Sale of FF #42 VG+ for $11.00 on July 17, 2007

I offered him free shipping when I could not meet him on the Friday of San Diego Comicon (tickets sold out), but I still did not get paid. I saw he bought a bunch of things in San Diego and asked him if maybe he overspent and was no longer interested in the book. He said he was. I even defended him in this thread earlier saying that his 30 days had not been reached. Now it is slightly longer than 30 days. So here is his name.

Sorry again for having to do this.

Dan

This is inconceivable :insane:

Well, I dislike doing this, but re-add CAP_FFreek to the list of people who have not paid within 30 days. He did a BIN for a whopping $11.00 Fantastic Four book:

Sale of FF #42 VG+ for $11.00 on July 17, 2007

I offered him free shipping when I could not meet him on the Friday of San Diego Comicon (tickets sold out), but I still did not get paid. I saw he bought a bunch of things in San Diego and asked him if maybe he overspent and was no longer interested in the book. He said he was. I even defended him in this thread earlier saying that his 30 days had not been reached. Now it is slightly longer than 30 days. So here is his name.

Sorry again for having to do this.

Dan

This is inconceivable :insane:

:jokealert:

Push whatever you want to push, YOU edited it , I never changed anything. just because you live on these boards doesn't mean you can push that "weight" around and act as if I changed the post, (and try to make YOU look better)..

(tsk)

I was in that topic at the same time (I made a purchase 10 minutes before you posted the "I'll take it". I specifically remember your post saying "as per PM", because one of the books you asked for was one I wavered on and decided against, and also I remember thinking how maybe I should have worked out lower prices before committing to buy.

The "as per possible PM" or whatever it says now sticks out a lot, it's actually what made me notice that posts could be edited with the option to not mark it as edited. :boo:

This whole thread makes me sick. If you aren't interested or don't have the money to purchase a book don't lead the seller into believing you are interested. I am so tired of hearing about how people "might" be interested and whatnot. This is currently what I am dealing with on eBay. I don't believe in time payments either. You either have the money or you don't. People need to grow up, and quit going back on their word. If you are tempted to bid on books you cannot afford turn of your computer. Jesus this gets old.

Edited by CarolinaComix

This whole thread makes me sick. If you aren't interested or don't have the money to purchase a book don't lead the seller into believing you are interested. I am so tired of hearing about how people "might" be interested and whatnot. This is currently what I am dealing with on eBay. I don't believe in time payments either. You either have the money or you don't. People need to grow up, and quit going back on their word. If you are tempted to bid on books you cannot afford turn of your computer. Jesus.

That's it. I'm giving up the mortgage and car payment and moving into a cardboard box under the bridge. That way no one will think I'm deadbeat for asking for time payments. :thumbsup:

This whole thread makes me sick. If you aren't interested or don't have the money to purchase a book don't lead the seller into believing you are interested. I am so tired of hearing about how people "might" be interested and whatnot. This is currently what I am dealing with on eBay. I don't believe in time payments either. You either have the money or you don't. People need to grow up, and quit going back on their word. If you are tempted to bid on books you cannot afford turn of your computer. Jesus.

That's it. I'm giving up the mortgage and car payment and moving into a cardboard box under the bridge. That way no one will think I'm deadbeat for asking for time payments. :thumbsup:

lol (thumbs u

Not if you're paying me $3 a month for the box.

Not if you're paying me $3 a month for the box.

:signfunny:

*If you love "time payments" so much why don't you find someone who will let you pay $25.00 a day for the next 30 years on an Action #1. (thumbs u (thumbs u

Edited by CarolinaComix

I kind of disagree with what CarolinaComix said about time payments. I don't see whats wrong with someone inquiring about time payments on a book if its done before they send an offer or commit to buy it. I've paid for a few large purchases with time payments and also let someone purchase from me using time payments without a problem so far. I have no problems with it if everyone understands the terms and everything is in writing.

However, if someone commits to buying a book then all of a sudden says they want to do time payments I think that's total BS.

-Jay

I kind of disagree with what CarolinaComix said about time payments. I don't see whats wrong with someone inquiring about time payments on a book if its done before they send an offer or commit to buy it. I've paid for a few large purchases with time payments and also let someone purchase from me using time payments without a problem so far. I have no problems with it if everyone understands the terms and everything is in writing.

However, if someone commits to buying a book then all of a sudden says they want to do time payments I think that's total BS.

-Jay

I agree. I've had several purchases where I've made time payments and it helped me obtain some books I otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy at the time.

As long as it's worked out ahead of time and both the seller and the buyer are cool with the terms, then I see no problem with it. It should never be sprung on a seller after the :takeit: though as Jay said.

If you possess "wants", not necessities (ie. food, clothing, transportation, shelter) that aren't COMPLETELY paid for I consider it stealing. (thumbs u (thumbs u That is why I don't make nonessential purchases unless I have that amount in FULL in my bank account.

Edited by CarolinaComix

Time payment, full payment at time of purchase, trade, or however the arrangement is agreed upon, it really doesnt matter.

Hold up your end of the bargain. On the day you die all you get to take with you is your good name. Do you really want that tarnished?

Barring a catastrophe, for which most reasonable people would understand, there is no reason not to fulfill your obligation in a timely manner.

And thats all I got to say about that.

Edited by Shootydog

Time payment, full payment at time of purchase, trade, or however the arrangement is agreed upon, it really doesnt matter.

Hold up your end of the bargain. On the day you die all you get to take with you is your good name. Do you really want that tarnished?

Barring a catastrophe, for which most reasonable people would understand, there is no reason not to fulfill your obligation in a timely manner.

And thats all I got to say about that.

Well said!! :applause::applause: