• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Matt-

Can you post his email address or PM it to me? He hasn't read my last PM (sent 4 days ago), and I'd like to see if he has at least sent me my book (overgraded or not).

Thanks

-An Unhappy Mac Man

Yes, please do - I mean, at least you got something, I haven't received any books nor heard anything from him.

I'm assuming the "you" was in reference to Matt as I am in the same boat as you ;)

And Sha, even if you're sounding like a conservative, don't forget you're a New Yorker as well. So, you're still not going to be that conservative ;) Fear not!

You assumed correctly, mr. mac man (thumbs u

Apparently, a lot of you are not reading this thread entirely... or are jumping to conclusions.

The problem is NOT that Shiverbone's comics are overgraded (if they were, that is another matter). The comics he purchased were graded NM- with accompanying scans.

The problem is that the person who MAILED them to him put the two comics (in their bags and boards) into a PRIORITY ENVELOPE with no further structural support. Damage to the comics were assumed to have happened IN TRANSIT.

In this instance, this is a poor packing issue and a customer service/refund issue.

Just to clear things up....

Did you look at Henchmen's thread? His grading was atrocious. He was calling 4.5s 7.0s and 6.0s 8.0s, etc. The chances his grades on Matt's books were accurate before shipping are about zero. Seriously, it was some of the worst grading I have EVER seen in the marketplace. I was floored that he sold a single book.

Apparently, a lot of you are not reading this thread entirely... or are jumping to conclusions.

The problem is NOT that Shiverbone's comics are overgraded (if they were, that is another matter). The comics he purchased were graded NM- with accompanying scans.

The problem is that the person who MAILED them to him put the two comics (in their bags and boards) into a PRIORITY ENVELOPE with no further structural support. Damage to the comics were assumed to have happened IN TRANSIT.

In this instance, this is a poor packing issue and a customer service/refund issue.

Did you look at Henchmen's thread? His grading was atrocious. He was calling 4.5s 7.0s and 6.0s 8.0s, etc. The chances his grades on Matt's books were accurate before shipping are about zero. Seriously, it was some of the worst grading I have EVER seen in the marketplace. I was floored that he sold a single book.

Yep, it was a "run and gun" thread :grin:

I admit that was my fault , I saw the 2 books and hit the take it before i even looked at the rest, the Wonder Womans looked good. I should have looked it all over, but I felt I had to act quick. Live & learn, live & learn.

That would be one part. What about people whos books have not been shipped, and get no response ?

I read the thread, but you used the word "assume" . I'm assuming that he didn't get what he ordered and the books were not the same, since they did not arrive in the condition advertised, it's easy to "assume" that what he purchased, was not mailed to him. We have no proof that the books pictured were actually in that envelope, they could have been switched. Pictures do not mean that those same books were put in the envelope. That could be construed to be mail fraud, or internet fraud. If for nothing else than to scare the seller, I'd still file the complaints.

He's not really out $45, because the books have some value, but he's been aggravated and he didn't get what was advertised, it's the seller's responsibility to send them in a manner (if they WERE the right books) that will keep them safe. I know most of us do our best, but lately there are a few people showing up and just being way too casual about things...perhaps people need to know that if you tablespoon up (that's a large spoon up;) , because you treat other people's money casually, that there will be consequences.

I sound like such a conservative this morning, I'm scaring myself;) but I know that money has been tight for Matthew, so I'm annoyed for him.

BTW, I've HAD books switched.

I'm using the word "assume" because Shiverbones said that he assumed they were damaged in transit. Like I said, whether they were overgraded is ANOTHER matter. The scans are still there if we all want to take a look. The books were not advertised as NM but as NM-.

Accusing someone of "bait and switch" is elevating this matter to another level based on no evidence. This is how the mob mentality starts.

I'm just trying to be fair here. I certainly don't condone not rectifying the matter or refunding the money or even apologizing for the shipping mistake. (shrug)

I read the thread, but you used the word "assume" . I'm assuming that he didn't get what he ordered and the books were not the same, since they did not arrive in the condition advertised, it's easy to "assume" that what he purchased, was not mailed to him. We have no proof that the books pictured were actually in that envelope, they could have been switched. Pictures do not mean that those same books were put in the envelope. That could be construed to be mail fraud, or internet fraud. If for nothing else than to scare the seller, I'd still file the complaints.

He's not really out $45, because the books have some value, but he's been aggravated and he didn't get what was advertised, it's the seller's responsibility to send them in a manner (if they WERE the right books) that will keep them safe. I know most of us do our best, but lately there are a few people showing up and just being way too casual about things...perhaps people need to know that if you tablespoon up (that's a large spoon up;) , because you treat other people's money casually, that there will be consequences.

I sound like such a conservative this morning, I'm scaring myself;) but I know that money has been tight for Matthew, so I'm annoyed for him.

BTW, I've HAD books switched.

I'm using the word "assume" because Shiverbones said that he assumed they were damaged in transit. Like I said, whether they were overgraded is ANOTHER matter. The scans are still there if we all want to take a look. The books were not advertised as NM but as NM-.

Accusing someone of "bait and switch" is elevating this matter to another level based on no evidence. This is how the mob mentality starts.

I'm just trying to be fair here. I certainly don't condone not rectifying the matter or refunding the money or even apologizing for the shipping mistake. (shrug)

My apologies to you, Shin...I am not accusing anyone of anything, I'm not a mob mentality type, but I did teach fact finding, and that was what I was illustrating. One of my teacher's favorite expressions was "assume? makes an Azz out of U and Me. My point was, that we could assume anything, we didn't see the books go into the envelope, however, if they matched the scans, you certainly have a point. I never saw the scans, when I looked the scans of the books that were sold, were deleted.

Again, people have to be just as careful here, as on Ebay. I've hit a few bins on Ebay a little too quickly myself, however, I haven't a clue as to what these looked like, I was just sympathetic to Matthew, and Forrest and MIke, since they didn't get ANYTHING, so in all fairness, SOMETHING is amiss.

Here are the scans of the books in question:

I remember these books from the thread because I have 5-6 copies of WW #205. (Childhood book.)

Advertised as 9.2 (NM-)

WW203.jpg

WW203Back.jpg

WW205.jpg

WW205Back.jpg

Of the 5 books I bought, one I felt was right on, grade-wise, while the others were either 1.0 or 1.5 off (except one that was 2.0 off). I could be wrong, but the scans on mine weren't red flags to me. It was when I received them and examined them closely that the defect here and there made 4 of the 5 less than advertised.

I currently have a buyer that hasn't paid for over 30 days since my sales thread ended. I have never suggested putting anyone into the probation thread before and feel bad about it now.

CAP Freak has bought from me in the past, slow payer, but paid (his dad actually did, I believe).

He has given me a couple different times that he said payment was sent and yet it hasn't arrived. When I contacted him again yesterday about whether he intended to pay or get added to the probation list, he gave me a third different date of when payment was sent ( April 20), contradicting the April 25 date he had given me the week before.

I'm perfectly willing to give him more time and hope that he decides to be responsible for his actions. Unfortunately he hasn't given any indication of doing so.

Heads up to anyone thinking of dealing with him currently.

How old is Cap Freak anyway? I knew someone had taken my place for youngest board member, but by how much :P

17 unless he had a birthday lately.

hm

Uh oh, Connor strikes again. I felt he had grown so much after our last heart to heart. hm
He has come a long way since he first arrived. Me thinks his collection is growing faster than his wallet.

Uh oh, Connor strikes again. I felt he had grown so much after our last heart to heart. hm
He has come a long way since he first arrived. Me thinks his collection is growing faster than his wallet.

Maybe it's time for another come-to-Jesus meeting. jesus.gif

Well, Henchman emailed me today and said the XM 101 was sent. Hopefully, all a non-issue on my end.

Too bad to hear Connor came up short with you. Good kid, but does sound like a case of

"the eyes getting bigger than the budget syndrome."