• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

While I'm in here, I move that Chi Bamm be removed from any mention on the list.

If he was put on it because he was called to duty in Iraq, I care nothing about associating with anyone that insists the very mention of his name in this thread. That's probably the saddest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

rantrant

Boy, you really need to get out more . . . Chi Bamm wasn't put on the list because he was called to duty, he was taken off the list because he was called to duty :makepoint: He hasn't been on the list since August 2007 and he was taken off the minute that was mentioned by anyone :sumo:

I suggest you actually read before you rantrant

The person who placed him on the list didn't know why he wasn't responding to PMs.

Once informed he and everyone agreed to remove him.

I believe Dice is saying his name being adding to the list was a accident and his name should not ever have been or ever be there.

Far be it from me to speak for the Dice man. :busy:

While I'm in here, I move that Chi Bamm be removed from any mention on the list.

If he was put on it because he was called to duty in Iraq, I care nothing about associating with anyone that insists the very mention of his name in this thread. That's probably the saddest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

rantrant

Boy, you really need to get out more . . . Chi Bamm wasn't put on the list because he was called to duty, he was taken off the list because he was called to duty :makepoint: He hasn't been on the list since August 2007 and he was taken off the minute that was mentioned by anyone :sumo:

I suggest you actually read before you rantrant

The person who placed him on the list didn't know why he wasn't responding to PMs.

Once informed he and everyone agreed to remove him.

I believe Dice is saying his name being adding to the list was a accident and his name should not ever have been or ever be there.

Far be it from me to speak for the Dice man. :busy:

You are now my official translator. Thank you. :foryou:

Yes, probation as a buyer for not paying due to financial reasons, which I RESOLVED with the SELLER!

NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER! So you can SLANDER me all you want, board members on these boards know my situation, and the MODS have been notified of your trolling and slanderous nature!

This was NOT a scam, believe what you will! I shipped out over 5000+ bronze age comics, some buyers liked them, some did not.

POE had high expectations of what Bronze Age comics he wanted out of a box off 300+

He started a thread bashing me. After cooling off from the bashing that I received on these boards and conversing to the buyers individually via pm like I ALWAYS STATED I WOULD, I offered FULL refunds or FAIR credit solutions.

I have been selling on these board for years and NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER until selling these BULK LOTS! I have constantly delivered the goods as stated on time and at considerably less savings than EBAY or GPA or COMICLINK! I will continue to offer these great deals to board members and for those who do not wish to purchase them so be it. Many of you know the service that I provide and the savings, I also ALWAYS PROVIDE FULL OVERSIZED SCANS OF THE FRONT AND BACK OF ISSUES.

What I have learned from this experience is NOT TO NOT SELL BULK LOTS, especially to newbies that you have never dealt with on the boards. That means you JERRYZ also.

Hang on a second chief..Havent you been on probation TWICE?? yes or no? If you have then get down off you high horse with all this "never had an issue" why were you on probation? Cuz you gave such great deals?

Its a simple yes or no question ...

And beleive me Being a newbie is irrelavent there buddy Ive sold some stuff and all been good so dont flatter yourself that I would risk any of my money buying from you..

Sergio does make a good point that there is a distinction to be made between probation as a seller versus a buyer. Just as Ebay has now altered their feedback system to distinguish between buyer and seller feedback, I would think it would be informative to know if those on the probation list were placed there for buyer or seller reasons. I think it matters because any effort to reconcile will look very different if even possible.If Buyer A fails to pay Seller B, so Seller B sells that item to to Buyer C, how does Buyer A make amends? Most assume the probation list is for sales infractions, but I believe JokerFish was for failure to come thru as a buyer, at least that's what he did to me and I reported it to the thread when others had a similar experience.

TFL failed as a buyer to filter81...not casting stones just pointing it out...large dollar book but was for primarily the way he handled it, stringing the seller along who missed out selling the book to other interested parties during the timeframe...

rantrant

Diceman, I have no problem removing him for the history list but at the time of posting the original list everyone seemed fine with just adding a notation. There is someone else that got full removal from my list and it is due to a far worst incident, IMO. If a few people request Chi Bamm's removal from the history list by all means do so.

Did I miss something in the shuffle? Why did Comicseekers get put on the list?

I put Sergio on the list and it was pointed out that it hadn't been thirty days. I removed him last night. I put him on because he HAD ended communication with me and several boardies requested that I put him on. Sergio and I have agreed on a solution, if he doesn't follow through, then I'll put him back on properly after 30 days.

Then keep me on the list to have him removed. He shouldn't be on it at all. :foryou:

I'd agree with this.

The idea of keeping an active list of people who have been taken off the probation list because they came clean and handled their obligations seems petty to me. Maintain the list to identify repeat offenders, but if they did the time, continuing to punish them seems overly harsh, especially when one considers that no extenuating circumstances are mentioned in the listing as currently written

Then keep me on the list to have him removed. He shouldn't be on it at all. :foryou:

I'd agree with this.

The idea of keeping an active list of people who have been taken off the probation list because they came clean and handled their obligations seems petty to me. Maintain the list to identify repeat offenders, but if they did the time, continuing to punish them seems overly harsh, especially when one considers that no extenuating circumstances are mentioned in the listing as currently written

Can you imagine if this was how transgressions were handled in real life....I mean, I mean....even if people did the time for the crime they would still have permanent records. It's a good thing that doesn't happen. :baiting:

:jokealert:

C

So what is the procedure for getting someone put on the Probation List? Especially someone who's a repeat offender? A poll was started about this in the Comicseekers Longbox Debacle thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3271767#Post3271767

So far 85% are for adding to the list, if not banning.

There is no mechanism for banning. The closest we have is the "Hall of Shame". The poll would indicate that he is a qualified candidate :grin:

Has 30 days from initial payment for any malodorous box transaction passed yet? hm:insane:

Malodorous. :think: Time to hit the dictionary. :whistle:

No need . . . = Stinky :grin:

Like your Fantasy Football teams? hm

I'd agree with this.

Does not seem petty to me at all! When I bid on ebay, I view a seller’s feedback and can make an educated decision at a single click (or two). Why, do I have to wad through hundreds of pages before discovering I should not have dealt with this seller?

I created the list for my own personal benefit because in a short period of time, I purchased from two members that were once on the list. Of course, the history of them on the list was completely buried or hidden because of name changes. I like and believe in full disclosure. Period.

Perhaps, you were never burned with an on-line purchase. But the idea of only tracking repeat offenders defeats the purpose. Isn't it better to be proactive and state up front that this person has had a problem in the past? Dates are provided and a buyer is free to search through the threads to read about an incident.

I'd agree with this.

Does not seem petty to me at all! When I bid on ebay, I view a seller’s feedback and can make an educated decision at a single click (or two). Why, do I have to wad through hundreds of pages before discovering I should not have dealt with this seller?

I created the list for my own personal benefit because in a short period of time, I purchased from two members that were once on the list. Of course, the history of them on the list was completely buried or hidden because of name changes. I like and believe in full disclosure. Period.

Perhaps, you were never burned with an on-line purchase. But the idea of only tracking repeat offenders defeats the purpose. Isn't it better to be proactive and state up front that this person has had a problem in the past? Dates are provided and a buyer is free to search through the threads to read about an incident.

My sentiments exactly. And, Sal, in Chi Bamm's case his extenuating circumstance is actually displayed next to his name.

My point is that "permanent records" are fine, but what we have now is a lack of a clear distinction between the "punished" and the "reformed."

If you go on the probation list, you essentially are going to stay there forever, as the "once on, now off" list is going to go right below the master list. It just seems as though it reinforces the concept that you can't make right a bad situation.

So what is the procedure for getting someone put on the Probation List? Especially someone who's a repeat offender? A poll was started about this in the Comicseekers Longbox Debacle thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3271767#Post3271767

So far 85% are for adding to the list, if not banning.

There is no mechanism for banning. The closest we have is the "Hall of Shame". The poll would indicate that he is a qualified candidate :grin:

Has 30 days from initial payment for any malodorous box transaction passed yet? hm:insane:

Malodorous. :think: Time to hit the dictionary. :whistle:

No need . . . = Stinky :grin:

Like your Fantasy Football teams? hm

Leggo my Eggos! :sumo:lol

Sal, I hear your point and it makes sense. However, to look at the otherside of the coin, we also need to consider those people on the list who are repeat offenders. I do think it's important to have that historical record of those who have goofed up ONLY in the event they do so again (and should then be considered for the HoS). And for what it's worth, these individuals who are no longer on the list should NOT be excluded from a selling or buying but there seems to be some value to maintaining a comprehensive list--both current and historical.

Sal, I hear your point and it makes sense. However, to look at the otherside of the coin, we also need to consider those people on the list who are repeat offenders. I do think it's important to have that historical record of those who have goofed up ONLY in the event they do so again (and should then be considered for the HoS). And for what it's worth, these individuals who are no longer on the list should NOT be excluded from a selling or buying but there seems to be some value to maintaining a comprehensive list--both current and historical.

CAP_Freak is the actually the poster-boy example of this - when I purchased stuff from his ill-fated for sale thread, I had no clue he'd been on the probation list several times previously. If I had known, there's not a chance I would have purchased anything from him ...

CAP_Freak is the actually the poster-boy example of this - when I purchased stuff from his ill-fated for sale thread, I had no clue he'd been on the probation list several times previously. If I had known, there's not a chance I would have purchased anything from him ...

Have to agree strongly with this statement. Quite a few of us bought books from CAP_Freak with no idea he had been on the list multiple times.

So our only option is while someone is throwing wonderful books up in a thread of hungry buyers that I am trying to compete with, I have rush back to the Probation thread and use the broken search function to find out if I want to buy from a seller. By the time you sort through all the pages upon pages to confirm they are solid sellers, many items will be gone. Or, you buy them, have a problem with the seller, and then folks point you to an area of the Probation thread that is over a year old and state "Didn't you know they were a problem before?"

Let's make this easier to refer back to, be fair with the entries, and from all this super work over the past few weeks feel more secure we have the references we need.

i've read that six times and still have no idea what you're talking about. talk less smart so us plebes can comprehend your proclamations