• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Not everyone leaves Kudos in the thread. Some just thank people privately in PM

And they are welcome to do so, kudos are strictly voluntary. However, by choosing such they do not leave info for other buyers in the future so we can't include PMs in the equation. Some folks (like me unfortuntely) often forget to leave kudos all together and also will have a lower tally as a result...just trying to work with the info we have, and maybe it will encourage more folks to leave the kudos once the transaction is complete (thumbs u

Who does the tallying?

well how bout we just quote the original post and add to the # of kudos?

kinda like the HOS/PROBATION thread with a positive meaning?

:hi: Mark

Thinking that might make for a pretty unwieldy list fairly quickly, may be misthinking your suggestion though...got an example of how that might work (I am thinking ahead to when we have a couple hundred names on the list and not much room for the comments/kudos themselves)

edit: Are you suggesting updating the list one kudo at a time and then removing the text with the next post/kudo? Feel free to monkey with the sample list I made to see if it works :)

Edited by Snake Eyes

Who does the tallying?

Thinking that might make for a pretty unwieldy list fairly quickly, may be misthinking your suggestion though...got an example of how that might work (I am thinking ahead to when we have a couple hundred names on the list and not much room for the comments/kudos themselves)

edit: Are you suggesting updating the list one kudo at a time and then removing the text with the next post/kudo? Feel free to monkey with the sample list I made to see if it works :)

well obviously it would be alot larger then the probie lest , so maybe break it down to 3 threads?

a-h, i-p, q-z, and have an alphebetical list with #s next to each name.

if u and I have a good dealing, I go into the q-z list and copy and paste the list with a new # next to your name

and instead of giving kudos after each transaction, we all agree to do it once a month or so..?

probably not the best idea, but most good ideas are tweeked versions of bad ideas, so might as well offer it up

Who does the tallying?

well obviously it would be alot larger then the probie lest , so maybe break it down to 3 threads?

if u and I have a good dealing, I go into the q-z list and copy and paste the list with a new # next to your name

and instead of giving kudos after each transaction, we all agree to do it once a month or so..?

probably not the best idea, but most good ideas are tweeked versions of bad ideas, so might as well offer it up

interesting idea... hm almost would have to do that one as a going forward thing I would think (not that I am opposed to that at all). Thinking of re-wiring the kudos altogether then?

For what it is worth...the kudos are a bit of a pain to go through, so it might be that both ideas would have a place...anyone have a preference or more thoughts?

It would look good if it was under your post count.

Snake Eyes

Kudos:+100

Loc: Alabama

And that would be IDEAL in my mind :wishluck: I think that would involve the mods though would it not? Think others have indicated that they want nothing to do with this area of the boards.

Seriously though, I would love for the boards to be able to do that...

Who does the tallying?

interesting idea... hm almost would have to do that one as a going forward thing I would think (not that I am opposed to that at all). Thinking of re-wiring the kudos altogether then?

For what it is worth...the kudos are a bit of a pain to go through, so it might be that both ideas would have a place...anyone have a preference or more thoughts?

we could also have a kudos forum, and each member has a thread with their kudos in it

and a link to said thread in their sig

IMO the kudo thread as we have it just doesnt work .

we could also have a kudos forum, and each member has a thread with their kudos in it

and a link to said thread in their sig

IMO the kudo thread as we have it just doesnt work

Definitely agree with you there...almost impossible to use if you only have a few minutes (which is how long most good deals on here last lol ) Very unwieldy and hard to follow as it is. Pretty good idea my friend (worship)

I like this kudos idea best, as it doesn't try to impose unreasonable restrictions on new members. However, it seems unlikely to me that the list could be maintained at all regularly. A forum with a thread for each member ... would that not be huge? There are thousands of members here. The Probation and HOS lists are much easier to maintain as bad transactions are quite infrequent. And a situation with multiple lists for a single member seems inevitable, unless the threads were created by the mods at the time of user registration.

But by all means, go ahead with the list. If it does work out that'd be awesome.

I like this kudos idea best, as it doesn't try to impose unreasonable restrictions on new members. However, it seems unlikely to me that the list could be maintained at all regularly. A forum with a thread for each member ... would that not be huge? There are thousands of members here. The Probation and HOS lists are much easier to maintain as bad transactions are quite infrequent. And a situation with multiple lists for a single member seems inevitable, unless the threads were created by the mods at the time of user registration.

But by all means, go ahead with the list. If it does work out that'd be awesome.

well I didnt mean every single member.

just the sellers, and buyers, but in my opinion the kudos thread is essentially useless

maybe we could have a series of polls with 20 regular sellers per poll and each seller to receive 25 votes gets put on a "powerseller" list?

How hard would it be for that Kudos number to be added as a separate space in the avatar area? That should be easy, but then how can it be changed or updated without moderators controlling it? If that could be self controlled, then only monitoring the figures would be difficult.

There would need to be a list, or post of the list of members and the ongoing figures. That we all could probably do, and the result could be the ability for anyone to compare the kudos figures(avatar to list), and know the data is fairly accurate.

anyone seen or heard of comicseekers? sent several messages. He said he would take a book I had in my sales thread and never followed thru on paying. He said a few weeks ago when the sales thread was over he was having some paypal stuff "transfered" and he would pay. Now notheing no word for a few weeks. ? Can someone let me know if they have dealt with him? And can he be put on the probation list.

anyone seen or heard of comicseekers? sent several messages. He said he would take a book I had in my sales thread and never followed thru on paying. He said a few weeks ago when the sales thread was over he was having some paypal stuff "transfered" and he would pay. Now notheing no word for a few weeks. ? Can someone let me know if they have dealt with him? And can he be put on the probation list.

If I remember right he was on the probation list a while back. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was some sort of major difficulty with bulk lot deals he was selling. To the best of my knowledge, he eventually made good and was removed from the list. Never dealt with him personally (that I remember at any rate), so not much to add except for the above. As for placing him on the list, my understanding is that it is your descretion if the :takeit: was 30 days or more ago.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I expect that the only way it could be self controlled, is to include it as part of the users location.

I was thinking the same thing...will start a thread tallying the kudos soon and if folks like the idea they can put it in their location and if not, we can let the tally thread die a quick death (if folks don't like it :P ) or be used as an ongoing resource (if folks do like it :D )

I expect that the only way it could be self controlled, is to include it as part of the users location.

I was thinking the same thing...will start a thread tallying the kudos soon and if folks like the idea they can put it in their location and if not, we can let the tally thread die a quick death (if folks don't like it :P ) or be used as an ongoing resource (if folks do like it :D )

(thumbs u

It would look good if it was under your post count.

Snake Eyes

Kudos:+100

Loc: Alabama

I freaking Love this Idea you can see someones post by right clicking How about add a Kudo's tab in there no feedback but just a simple leave a Kudo's tab and it registers a +1 on a counter maybe under a post counter.

I like this idea to some extent but am not full sold on it. There are lots of people here who dont leave any Kudos, period. They just don't do it. So the Kudos number could be misleading also. (shrug)

DR.X