• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Definitely HOS material

I seventh that motion. :grin:

I've had successful transactions with comicseekers in the past, but I do know that there have been board transaction problems with him at least 3 or 4 times. Definite Hall of Shame material. :sumo:

I'm telling you right now, comicseekers is going to be piiii-iii-ssed off, alright. In the very least, he'll be wanting that $20 back.

Definitely HOS material

I seventh that motion. :grin:

I've had successful transactions with comicseekers in the past, but I do know that there have been board transaction problems with him at least 3 or 4 times. Definite Hall of Shame material. :sumo:

I'm telling you right now, comicseekers is going to be piiii-iii-ssed off, alright. In the very least, he'll be wanting that $20 back.

:roflmao:

I sold my af15cgc 1.0 to vtcomics ands been paid for and I'm happy. I have no need for comicseekers to be on the probation list for myself at least

The fact that you had a successful sale with someone else for that book doesn't negate the fact that that CS didn't follow through on his end of the deal. I understand where you're coming from, but you had to wait 30 days to relist the book. What if you'd needed the money for some emergency? You were left swinging in the breeze for a month, and by the rules of the selling forum, couldn't relist until 30 days had passed.

I would like to have board member TempusFugitivus(John Russell) on the Probation List and hopefully this doesn't fall under the 30 day rule.

He initiated credit card chargeback through Paypal due to non-delivered items.

1) Buyer never contacted me to alert me of non-delivery of items prior to (or since) claim through Paypal

2) Paypal/USPS tracking information shows delivery date of 8/31

Claim was initiated this 4am EST today, I have sent PM, email, left phone message since then. if the situation gets resolved I will absolutely consider requesting he get removed as I would always encourage communication before asking for someone being added to the Probation List, but seriously, a simple inquiry could have avoided having $1000 withdrawn from my Paypal account today and I didn't even get a courtesy contact regarding any issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

I would like to have board member TempusFugitivus(John Russell) on the Probation List and hopefully this doesn't fall under the 30 day rule.

1) Buyer never contacted me to alert me of non-delivery of items prior to (or since) claim through Paypal

Claim was initiated this 4am EST today, I have sent PM, email, left phone message since then. if the situation gets resolved I will absolutely consider requesting he get removed as I would always encourage communication before asking for someone being added to the Probation List, but seriously, a simple inquiry could have avoided having $1000 withdrawn from my Paypal account today and I didn't even get a courtesy contact regarding any issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

wow...ain't that a kick in the teeth.

Thanks,

Andrew

I'm really sorry to read this, Andrew..Just one question,was there signature confirmation as well?

Thanks,

Andrew

:o Could've at least bought ya dinner first.

Anything insured for over $200 requires a signature.

Which means he must have signed for it and then claimed non-delivery?

There was a thread where he canceled a bunch of eBay transactions by refunding money en masse. I wonder if he got annoyed at someone/Paypal again and just filed a mass complaint with his credit card.... :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

Hopefully, John will chime in...but since he has not so far, it would seem that he'd belong on the thread...after all, at this time, he has books he never paid for.

Anything insured for over $200 requires a signature.

With the USPS it's $300 and over. Under that will take a black label insured barcode, $300 and up will be a blue labeled barcode. That is how it works at the counter, online click and ship is always plain PC generated barcodes.

Thanks,

Andrew

I hope things are okay with John. I won an item from him also and he/we processed my book with no issues. He told me he had a problem with Paypal, and my transaction went through before that, so he shipped mine as soon as he got the money. I didn't ask him what that Paypal problem was, I knew he was on this forum so I didn't assume anything untoward.

Hopefully things will be worked out. Regards,

Provided Paypal with all necessary proofs of delivery(confirmed online tracking, signature confirmation), should resolve the issue just with this info- in 10-30 days.

Buyer contacted me last night, says he received the books and did not initiate chargeback claim, indicated he has gone to the Paypal Resolution Center and canceled the dispute.

Hopefully I have the money back soon. :wishluck:

Provided Paypal with all necessary proofs of delivery(confirmed online tracking, signature confirmation), should resolve the issue just with this info- in 10-30 days.

Buyer contacted me last night, says he received the books and did not initiate chargeback claim, indicated he has gone to the Paypal Resolution Center and canceled the dispute.

Hopefully I have the money back soon. :wishluck:

Unfortunately the buyer's statement does not sound credible, how would a claim be initiated 3 weeks later from his credit card without his knowledge and how do you cancel a dispute you didn't start? Keep us posted, Andrew...sorry you are going through this junk.

Another phone call with Paypal, they did confirm the buyer canceled the Dispute. Funds still on hold due to credit company issue, supervisor on the case.

Yeesh, what a headache. doh! Sorry to hear this Andy.

Another phone call with Paypal, they did confirm the buyer canceled the Dispute. Funds still on hold due to credit company issue, supervisor on the case.

Yeesh, what a headache. doh! Sorry to hear this Andy.

At least you're on the road to reparation instead of desperation.