• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

And in the few extra minutes I had my google lawyering revealed that most states require a contract to be written for goods over $500?? As always I look forward to your response.

That may be true or false depending on what the contract is for and what actions the parties take after the verbal agreement to act in reliance upon the agreement. Acts in furtherance of the deal, especially detrimental reliance will seal a deal nicely.

Also, I WOULD love to face a defendant in court who made a deal and then broke it to sell the same item for twice and much and have them tell that to the judge. Verbal, written, or drawn in the sand with a stick...I would not have to get out of my chair to win.

Does this mean you are legally obligated to sell me those WD imports?

Yes...emails or electronic communications may be combined in order to divine and determine the existence of a contract between the parties and form a completed contract.

Or course it's a bad one for me, since I am making jack squat on the deal. :cry:

We both know you will make $ on future deals ;)

Chris, trust me, I mean no disrespect. Being local, I actually know you from years ago, when you would set up at the show on Golf Rd or stop into the LCS on Jackson street downtown (Can't remember the name of the store but the manager was Rex). I know you as an honest dealer and a standup guy. However, I fail to understand why you are so vehement in your arguments in this thread. As Sharon said, these are only comics books, and only 50 dollars worth. ????

Goodness, Those Golf Road shows....paid my way through college and law school from those. I don't think I could handle it now.

Being a dealer back in those days is part of what formed my expectations of people when they deal with one another. There were dealers and customers that would screw me over for $10 and then there were ones that would not take advantage with 100 times as much on the line.

It can be $5 or it can be $50, or $5,000 there's right and there's wrong. I don't have a dollar threshold where I start to expect people to act the right way.

It's the way he came in flying off the handle without actually knowing what he committed to buy and what he didn't is why I am so vehement.

I can't stomach people who don't use logic or don't have commons sense. Why check your own posts when you can scream and yell instead?

You can excuse a guy for forgetting or being disorganized but I can't see falling over myself in a hurry to cut someone slack who is in the wrong and then comes onto the board, without checking his own posts, and blames the seller who didn't do anything other than wait for 120 days to get paid for some books.

If someone said I didn't pay them for something I would be searching my own records and posts and emails to see what I did wrong, I wouldn't be running in, hair on fire claiming I never did a deal with the guy when I obviously wasn't sure, and was wrong.

There are people that treat deals on the forum as if they were optional or less real than a face to face deal. That's one of the reasons we have a probation list in the first place.

If someone's a big enough man to come in hurling bombs and saying "burn the fukin books", then they should be able to apologize when they realize they screwed up and wasted our time and this seller's time and, insulted him without cause.

once again you do not read the post before you assume.

I said that "I cannot find the list of books anywhere" because I looked for them. Obviously he the seller has the list as they are in front of him waiting to ship. I asked him to give me the list and I would check it out. I did not respond to anyone for 3 months, not just him, I did not sign in on these boards for 3 months. After I came back I went right back to buying all kinds of books, I apologized to him before I knew if I did him wrong or not and he responds with a dollar amount and a threat.

I do not respond for 27hrs to his threat and he has me put on the probation list.

Guns were not blazing I simply stated how I was shocked to Jazzman putting me on the list in less than 24hrs without giving me chance to respond and shocked how Pat would do this after making a decent buck off me in the past a couple times.

and yes I hope he does burn the books although I bet they appear in his next thread........

the real question is whether or not they were in other threads this past 3months

And in the few extra minutes I had my google lawyering revealed that most states require a contract to be written for goods over $500?? As always I look forward to your response.

That may be true or false depending on what the contract is for and what actions the parties take after the verbal agreement to act in reliance upon the agreement. Acts in furtherance of the deal, especially detrimental reliance will seal a deal nicely.

Also, I WOULD love to face a defendant in court who made a deal and then broke it to sell the same item for twice and much and have them tell that to the judge. Verbal, written, or drawn in the sand with a stick...I would not have to get out of my chair to win.

Does this mean you are legally obligated to sell me those WD imports?

Yes...emails or electronic communications may be combined in order to divine and determine the existence of a contract between the parties and form a completed contract.

Or course it's a bad one for me, since I am making jack squat on the deal. :cry:

We both know you will make $ on future deals ;)

I am rich from all the good thoughts and air hugs sent through the interwebs. :whee:

Anyone who swallows a bad deal because the person on the other side of the deal is part of some perceived "in crowd" or "boy's club" is a low-self-esteem, self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

(tsk)

Not neccesarily true. Personally, I love a good confrontation. However, age has given me the wisdom to choose my battles wisely. Like in this example I will

accept your reference to me as a low-self-esteem, self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person and take the high road. You,sir, are simply not worth arguing with.

If you don't have enough self-worth to stick up for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you. And we're not having an argument. I'm just telling you you're wrong.

(shrug)

With all due respect to Tom Petty there is too much of the 'I won't back down' attitude today. It's not a matter of self worth, it's about trying to live peacefully in a society. I am glad we agreed not to have an argument however I have to ask. Did you really think calling someone a self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person will not invite an argument ? 'Also, 'we're not having an argument, I'm just telling you you're wrong' is an oxyMORON statement.

the real question is whether or not they were in other threads this past 3months

Gotcha, no one will make any assumptions about you and you can still feel free to make all the (not so) veiled accusations about anyone else you feel like.

Is that fair enough and non argumentative enough for you?

Facts:

1) buyer posted :takeit: in sales thread.

2) seller sent PM asking about payment.

3) buyer responds, as he reposted, that he wasn't sure which books.

4) seller removes himself from topic?????????????

5) seller wants buyer immediately placed on Probation list before buyer tells story

6) buyer upon finding out he is on Probation list comes in on fire and sends $50 bucks

7) buyer than crucified by members with proficient search ability.

So did seller ever answer back buyer's request to know what books or is the onus on the buyer to figure out what books they were?

No one wants to change their tune when presented with different information. So looking at the facts what's the story?

That's what I'm wondering here. Was Chunkybutt sending a PM to nobody because at this point Pat had removed himself from the thread?

No. They are still open save one from January.

Thanks for the clarification, Pat.

:foryou:

Chris, trust me, I mean no disrespect. Being local, I actually know you from years ago, when you would set up at the show on Golf Rd or stop into the LCS on Jackson street downtown (Can't remember the name of the store but the manager was Rex). I know you as an honest dealer and a standup guy. However, I fail to understand why you are so vehement in your arguments in this thread. As Sharon said, these are only comics books, and only 50 dollars worth. ????

Goodness, Those Golf Road shows....paid my way through college and law school from those. I don't think I could handle it now.

Being a dealer back in those days is part of what formed my expectations of people when they deal with one another. There were dealers and customers that would screw me over for $10 and then there were ones that would not take advantage with 100 times as much on the line.

It can be $5 or it can be $50, or $5,000 there's right and there's wrong. I don't have a dollar threshold where I start to expect people to act the right way.

It's the way he came in flying off the handle without actually knowing what he committed to buy and what he didn't is why I am so vehement.

I can't stomach people who don't use logic or don't have commons sense. Why check your own posts when you can scream and yell instead?

You can excuse a guy for forgetting or being disorganized but I can't see falling over myself in a hurry to cut someone slack who is in the wrong and then comes onto the board, without checking his own posts, and blames the seller who didn't do anything other than wait for 120 days to get paid for some books.

If someone said I didn't pay them for something I would be searching my own records and posts and emails to see what I did wrong, I wouldn't be running in, hair on fire claiming I never did a deal with the guy when I obviously wasn't sure, and was wrong.

There are people that treat deals on the forum as if they were optional or less real than a face to face deal. That's one of the reasons we have a probation list in the first place.

If someone's a big enough man to come in hurling bombs and saying "burn the fukin books", then they should be able to apologize when they realize they screwed up and wasted our time and this seller's time and, insulted him without cause.

I said that "I cannot find the list of books anywhere" because I looked for them. Obviously he the seller has the list as they are in front of him waiting to ship. I asked him to give me the list and I would check it out. I did not respond to anyone for 3 months, not just him, I did not sign in on these boards for 3 months. After I came back I went right back to buying all kinds of books, I apologized to him before I knew if I did him wrong or not and he responds with a dollar amount and a threat.

I do not respond for 27hrs to his threat and he has me put on the probation list.

Guns were not blazing I simply stated how I was shocked to Jazzman putting me on the list in less than 24hrs without giving me chance to respond and shocked how Pat would do this after making a decent buck off me in the past a couple times.

and yes I hope he does burn the books although I bet they appear in his next thread........

I still have every single book accounted for if you want to check the threads vs. what I have Eric. And as I stated here and in a PM to you, that I have not removed myself from I would rather stop this whole thing.

Aw man, and you were doing so well...

Gotcha, no one will make any assumptions about you and you can still feel free to make all the (not so) veiled accusations about anyone else you feel like.

Is that fair enough and non argumentative enough for you?

Would anyone like the picture of the CGC bags containing the books with a label inside that says (ERIC AKA: Chunkybutt)

The books were not relisted, sold, or offered.

Seriously I am offended yet again. Only thing I tried to do was complete a deal and am faced with all these assumptions about me..

Facts:

1) buyer posted :takeit: in sales thread.

2) seller sent PM asking about payment.

3) buyer responds, as he reposted, that he wasn't sure which books.

4) seller removes himself from topic?????????????

5) seller wants buyer immediately placed on Probation list before buyer tells story

6) buyer upon finding out he is on Probation list comes in on fire and sends $50 bucks

7) buyer than crucified by members with proficient search ability.

So did seller ever answer back buyer's request to know what books or is the onus on the buyer to figure out what books they were?

No one wants to change their tune when presented with different information. So looking at the facts what's the story?

That's what I'm wondering here. Was Chunkybutt sending a PM to nobody because at this point Pat had removed himself from the thread?

No. They are still open save one from January.

Thanks for the clarification, Pat.

:foryou:

not clarified. The two that are open are the two from June, the one that is closed is the one that contained the sales info. I could send him to PM's right now and just tell you guys that I have tried contacting him?

once again, I responded to his first and only PM since february that he has sent and it said, tell me what books they I cannot find them (because he closed the the PM and I checked in our posts but all 3 transactions we had were from the same 3 month long sales thread. I am such a shiitty boardie that I bought and paid for two orders and wanted a third before he ever sclosed the thread) are and I will check into it, the only other PM I had from him says he has removed himself from this PM and that was from march 1st.

One was started March 1st, and that was asking if everything was ok. And it was bumped today to show that I had not removed myself from the PM. So there are 2 that you could easily have replied in. This is ridiculous.

I tried to squash this, you ignored that as well.

Have fun dude. I give up, you talk about me like im some POS. Thats just ed up. Do you, because honestly I tried to settle it and you are just being a bigger deek to me.

Pat-

Anyone who swallows a bad deal because the person on the other side of the deal is part of some perceived "in crowd" or "boy's club" is a low-self-esteem, self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

(tsk)

Not neccesarily true. Personally, I love a good confrontation. However, age has given me the wisdom to choose my battles wisely. Like in this example I will

accept your reference to me as a low-self-esteem, self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person and take the high road. You,sir, are simply not worth arguing with.

Actually, I think I am the low esteem insufficiently_thoughtful_person he's referring to :eyeroll:

Regardless, like you I can pick my battles. I'm annoyed enough about how my "deal" went down. Posting the details and having 100 people rush to the longtime boardies defense and saying I'm overreacting because of who he is sure as he'll ain't gonna make it any better!

It is very simple, I posted the I'll take it. Because he did not invoice me for 2 weeks after my post I forgot that I had posted it....probably because he had the worlds longest sales thread and since I had bought from it twice already I probably was not asking him to invoice me as I might want some more books. I usually ask the seller to total me up when I feel like I am done shopping in the thread. I was unable to come online. So I had no idea that I wronged Pat. As for the person who says if you give into a bad deal is a low-self-esteem, self-flagellating insufficiently_thoughtful_person. That is not the case, I never denied that I owed this money. I, for the final time was only stating that I am utterly shocked how this has transpired and (sorry speedy-d) I hope he burns the books.

I would like it if he would post the before picture of my books which are paid for yet I am still on the probation list and then take an after shot of them ingulfed in flames, this would make me happy.

Eric

had to edit this as my laptop has tiny screen and I do not proof read before I hit submit

Edited by chunkybutt

Aw man, and you were doing so well...

doh!

If there was any doubt as to whether Pat was owed an apology it's gone. Best of luck Pat. Now sell me some books :grin:

I would like it if he would post the before picture of my books which are paid for yet I am still on the probation list and then take an after shot of them ingulfed in flames, this would make me happy.

:headbang: +1

But seriously the fact that both members are on here discussing this is good.

It's the ones that just disappear that I hate.

I think beers should be bought by both parties ... and I should receive them :banana:

2c...I think I'm up to 9 cents now

A general reply:

1) I have updated the PL to remove Chunkybutt

2) Twice in a row now someone has been added someone to the PL on the same day it was brought up without hearing from the other side.

First time it was holyghost at 4 hours 11 minutes after the first Probation Discussion.

Now we have ONE HOUR and TWENTY MINUTES after ressurection's first mention of this and chunkybutt is added to the PL? That is not how it works.

A general reply:

2) Twice in a row now someone has been added someone to the PL on the same day it was brought up without hearing from the other side.

First time it was holyghost at 4 hours 11 minutes after the first Probation Discussion.

Now we have ONE HOUR and TWENTY MINUTES after ressurection's first mention of this and chunkybutt is added to the PL? That is not how it works.

It's always preferable to hear from both sides, if possible, in an attempt to avoid or correct misunderstandings. That way the entire story gets out and people are given an opportunity to right their wrongs.

Or, in certain situations, to allow the accused to make a bright red throbbing baboon's keister out of themselves.

One is a great outcome for all parties involved and the other is wildly entertaining. So, in the end, everyone wins.

A general reply:

It's always preferable to hear from both sides, if possible, in an attempt to avoid or correct misunderstandings. That way the entire story gets out and people are given an opportunity to right their wrongs.

Or, in certain situations, to allow the accused to make a bright red throbbing baboon's keister out of themselves.

One is a great outcome for all parties involved and the other is wildly entertaining. So, in the end, everyone wins.

Yes, some vigorously entertaining messages have been gleaned here. And sometimes the accuser turns out to be a member of the Krimson Keister Society.

A general reply:

Hence the reason why people feel there IS a good ole boy network going on. Both times here, established members asked to put new people on the PL and it was immediately done. If the roles were reversed and chunky asked for resurrection to be put on the PL, 50 people would have come to his defense saying he's a good guy and there must be an explanation. No possible way resurrection would have been added to the PL 1 hour later without having a chance to respond. No way!