• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Remember, some people are not here everyday and we should allow some patience in dealing with issues before adding to the Probation List(unless it is a significant issue), it may not always work out but at least allows for us to be reasonable.

You're right on patience. But maybe a little longer. There are some that may stop in here every 4-6 days, so the 48-hour rule may not account for this.

But agreed on the approach. :foryou:

Remember, some people are not here everyday and we should allow some patience in dealing with issues before adding to the Probation List(unless it is a significant issue), it may not always work out but at least allows for us to be reasonable.

You're right on patience. But maybe a little longer. There are some that may stop in here every 4-6 days, so the 48-hour rule may not account for this.

But agreed on the approach. :foryou:

(thumbs u Recognizing we still may have some special circumstances that require an accelerated process, but we can deal with those on a case by case basis.

Could we add Chunkybutt to the list. I have been holding a stack of books for him since february. I have made contact with him recently, sent a total and he has not responded. I am tired of chasing the guy for the money. I will notify him of this post and allow him to chime in as per the rules. The guy is really nice, I do like him. But leaving me with little to no responses for so long brings me to this.

If he completes the sale, I will return and ask him to be removed.

Looks like you've been patient enough and followed all the standard guidelines. He will be added to the probation list.

I am utterly shocked here.

I admit I am a new guy, a new guy who has completed dozens of transactions (all as buyer) with several board members. Every single board member has been immediately paid upon agreed price.

Like I told ressurection in my first response, I do not remember ever getting into a deal with him, I remember being in talks with someone over some Thor books back in Februaury before I could not get back on the net.

I asked what books they were and if he had a link to the post as I could find no links except our past deals (by the way all of which were flawless transactions)

he responded with a price and a threat to put me on probation list.

The price was $50 I think. I am not a welch, I have spent over $2,000 this month alone (well June actually) with board members, I am not a complainer even though I have been waiting over a month for books now from a certain member who has not responded yet and I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks for books being held up by canadian post.

The fact that I was not given 24hrs to respond to this kinda pisses me off.

I am sending Resurrection his $50, burn the fukin books I do not want them.

Here is the thread Eric. All the books can be found here as well. All you EVER had to do was respond to me and I would NEVER have done this. But when I see you read and do not reply I grow tired of feeling like I am hounding you.

If you dont want the books I will refund your damed money, I am not so hard up that it makes a world of difference. Its ridiculous to em just as much as you. I have never had any issues on these boards, and hopefully never do again. If you really dont want the books don't take them.

But do NOT make me sound some whiny little girl, I contacted you NUMEROUS times and got no response. It is frikkin rude, and a waste of my time. I will have you removed, but honestly I feel like not doing it out of spite. You really pizzed me off now, do not ever act like I have been anything other then nice to you. I have had the books sitting here for months, and I just finally saw you post again.

I am REALLY offended.

Next time just answer the ing PM.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4570648&fpart=36

Edited by The Resurrection

Could we add Chunkybutt to the list. I have been holding a stack of books for him since february. I have made contact with him recently, sent a total and he has not responded. I am tired of chasing the guy for the money. I will notify him of this post and allow him to chime in as per the rules. The guy is really nice, I do like him. But leaving me with little to no responses for so long brings me to this.

If he completes the sale, I will return and ask him to be removed.

Looks like you've been patient enough and followed all the standard guidelines. He will be added to the probation list.

I am utterly shocked here.

I admit I am a new guy, a new guy who has completed dozens of transactions (all as buyer) with several board members. Every single board member has been immediately paid upon agreed price.

Like I told ressurection in my first response, I do not remember ever getting into a deal with him, I remember being in talks with someone over some Thor books back in Februaury before I could not get back on the net.

That's a pity, I hate it when my memory fails me.

If only there was some mechanism where you could click on your forum name, and then click on "View Posts" and then look back to Jan/Feb and see if you posted in Resurrection's thread.

If only you had some 160 odd posts so all the posts in Pat's thread would be on PAGE ONE of your posting history.

Like these posted after you bought one group from Pat and started a new pile:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=213499&Number=4575543#Post4575543

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=213499&Number=4580852#Post4580852

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=213499&Number=4606945#Post4606945

It's a shame that kind of search function doesn't exist. It could prevent buyers from forgetting they bought something and blaming the seller for something that isn't their fault. :eyeroll:

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

BTW, I think Pat also has the right to read Chunkybutt's response and answer.

Sharon, I appreciate your point. And this situation with Chunkybutt definitely shows confusion between the parties involved.

I don't know if there's confusion between the parties. Pat had a sales thread. Pulled a big stack of books, Chunky forgot all about them, failed to check his own (very short) posting history where he would have seen the posts where he took the books on the first page of his history. Chunky failed to respond to PM's for quite a long while, and only when he was added to the Probie list decided it was time to respond.

His response, given the posting history showing CLEARLY what actually happened, to come in here guns blazing, claiming ignorance, blaming Pat instead of taking a simple 30 seconds to check his own posting history is pretty ignorant.

That's not how I define confusion. There are a bunch of other great adjectives that would work though.

Without getting into whose right and wrong in this particular case....

I would have to agree with the give more time camp.

I go away most weekends and can't always respond (shrug)

When I wrap up my latest selling threads (soon) I will be giving everyone at least 1 full week to respond and settle.

my 2c

Edited by comicnut

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

BTW, I think Pat also has the right to read Chunkybutt's response and answer.

Sharon, I appreciate your point. And this situation with Chunkybutt definitely shows confusion between the parties involved.

I don't know if there's confusion between the parties. Pat had a sales thread. Pulled a big stack of books, Chunky forgot all about them, failed to check his own (very short) posting history where he would have seen the posts where he took the books on the first page of his history. Chunky failed to respond to PM's for quite a long while, and only when he was added to the Probie list decided it was time to respond.

His response, given the posting history showing CLEARLY what actually happened, to come in here guns blazing, claiming ignorance, blaming Pat instead of taking a simple 30 seconds to check his own posting history is pretty ignorant.

That's not how I define confusion. There are a bunch of other great adjectives that would work though.

You're kinda right, although expecting someone with 160 posts to be as conversant with the search function as you are isn't necessarily realistic. But the point is, give the guy time to respond. That's all. Maybe the response is great, maybe it isn't. But don't just throw him on the Probbie List cuz someone's unhappy with him.

By the way, assuming that Chunkybutt's claims of conducting many other perfectly reasonable deals is true, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he just forgot. I do, however, resent his forcing me to call him Chunkybutt.

I apologize in advance for my forthcoming comments. I really like the Boards, Board members, and I strive to be a good Boardie myself. However, I have to say this. These Boards are a striking example of a good ole boys club, particulary this probation process, as it stands. Trust me, I have been ed over, on occasion, over the years by other Boardies. I have never called out a Boardie on either this thread or any other thread. Why ? Because I recognize the Boards as a good ole boys club. I would get backlash from the 'I partied with this guy, I know what he's about' crowd with bandwagon jumpers soon to follow. Not worth it. With the exception of Sharon, a true voice of reason, I ask my fellow Boardies to give a little respect to the other guy, recognize the process, and don't jump immediately on the bandwagon. Thanks for listening.

The posts were from Jan and feb. And I have 3 pm's over the months he didn't respond to. How much time is needed.

2-4 days after an issue is first brought up in this thread sounds reasonable, no? It's not about how long you've been waiting for a response to your PMs, it's how long we give people a chance to respond here. Again, it's not about casting doubt on you individually, I have no reason to do that of course.

The posts were from Jan and feb. And I have 3 pm's over the months he didn't respond to. How much time is needed.

2-4 days after an issue is first brought up in this thread sounds reasonable, no? It's not about how long you've been waiting for a response to your PMs, it's how long we give people a chance to respond here. Again, it's not about casting doubt on you individually, I have no reason to do that of course.

I agree.

You could have and should have brought this up months ago. Once you decided enough is enough a few days should pass for the other party to present their side.

Clearly the buyer looks foolish for his bravado when he is clearly in the wrong. So did you burn the fukin books? :lol:

The Ressurection let more than enough time pass before taking it to the next level, bringing it up in here.

What I meant in my last 2c is that I agree with Speedy for future probie lists members they should be given a decent amount of time to respond in this thread.

The seller should give one final PM to the offender saying he is putting the matter in the discussion thread and he will have 4 days to respond.

If the member posts anywhere else on the forum (easy to see) without addressing the problem then on the probie list he goes.

If he hasn't posted anywhere, or read the PM's, then maybe a little more time (within reason) should be given.

If he ends up the probie list and happened to be away for a long time his name can always be easily removed by settling the matter.

My 2c + 2c ...does that equal 5?