• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes, some vigorously entertaining messages have been gleaned here. And sometimes the accuser turns out to be a member of the Krimson Keister Society.

There's a custom title worthy of posting for life if I ever read one.

Hence the reason why people feel there IS a good ole boy network going on. Both times here, established members asked to put new people on the PL and it was immediately done. If the roles were reversed and chunky asked for resurrection to be put on the PL, 50 people would have come to his defense saying he's a good guy and there must be an explanation. No possible way resurrection would have been added to the PL 1 hour later without having a chance to respond. No way!

Now hold on a minute. I read your complaints before, and can appreciate your stance. But don't include me in any "good ole boy" comment as I posted the first probation list update.

It was very clear this was someone that was already catching a lot of heat because of the way they conducted themselves. Finding out how the story ended just closed the deal. That's the only reason this happened.

But I get where you are coming from, and will leave it at that.

Sufunk. If I did something wrong then I should be put on, and nobody should say spit.

But your theory is flawed as 2 very respected members who were in good standings ended on the list in my time hereMjacobs, he was a nice guy and posted often. End result he never shipped books and kept the cash. Same with brasseye.

So no. It is not a good ole boys club. That is not an assumption anyone should make. Wrong is wrong.

Sufunk. If I did something wrong then I should be put on, and nobody should say spit.

But your theory is flawed as 2 very respected members who were in good standings ended on the list in my time hereMjacobs, he was a nice guy and posted often. End result he never shipped books and kept the cash. Same with brasseye.

So no. It is not a good ole boys club. That is not an assumption anyone should make. Wrong is wrong.

Yes there is, you're completely wrong. Yes established members end up on the PL but not after an hour without a chance to respond. Yes, if you did something wrong you would end up there but again not after 1 hour without a chance to respond. No possible way would what happened to chunky happen to you or another established member.

Yes wrong is wrong but when it's a established member accusing a newbie, no protocol needs to be followed. Just immediately add them after an hour. Are you telling me there is een a chance in he'll that would happen to you? No possible way! Chunky could have come here and said you murdered his family and you wouldn't have been put on the PL within an hour without a chance to respond. You know for a fact that that is true.

There's absolutely nothing underlying this. I have nothing against you whatsoever. YOU did everything right asking for him to be put on the PL. I just think it's unfair for him to have been immediately added without a chance to respond. That would never happen to you or another established member and everyone knows it. The protocol should be followed no matter if you e been here 10 years or 10 days. I don't know chunkybutt from a hole in the wall but I know what happened to him wouldn't have happened to an established member. I think that's pretty indisputable.

After what just happened it's crazy to say there isn't a good ole boy network here when we all k ow that a established member would without question be given more than 1 hour to respond before bein put on the list.

Edited by sufunk

There is something underlying here that I don't understand, so I'm notgetting into this.

We trust the established board members,and we are hesitant/wary of the newbies.Nothing underlying sufunk. (shrug)

Yes there is, you're completely wrong. Yes established members end up on the PL but not after an hour without a chance to respond. Yes, if you did something wrong you would end up there but again not after 1 hour without a chance to respond. No possible way would what happened to chunky happen to you or another established member.

Yes wrong is wrong but when it's a established member accusing a newbie, no protocol needs to be followed. Just immediately add them after an hour. Are you telling me there is een a chance in he'll that would happen to you? No possible way! Chunky could have come here and said you murdered his family and you wouldn't have been put on the PL within an hour without a chance to respond. You know for a fact that that is true.

I think you might be looking at this starting from the wrong conclusion and working what you see into it.

The reason why established members may not be added as quickly as new members is because established members have references and a trading resume on these boards. That is why people come to speak on their behalf if the current situation deviates from an established pattern of conduct set over many years and many transactions.

The converse also applies. Newer members, will not have the same number of references and number of successful transactions on their trading resume.

Establishing yourself on this board, through transactions and through a certain level of conduct earns you, rightfully so, more of an opportunity to explain yourself than someone who has little to no history here.

That's how it works in life and that's how it works here.

That, however, doesn't mean that someone who does wrong doesn't belong on the list. The list is filled with newbies and oldies alike. In your short time on these boards perhaps you haven't had a chance to experience enough of how the board dynamics work in order to make such a weighty accusation.

No, I get that comix and agree to an extent. However, chunky wasn't even given a chance to respond or have anyone chime in in his defense. He was just immediately added. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been added for what happened, I'm just saying he should have been given more than an hour to respond or have people he's done business with come to his defense.

So seriously how about stop flogging this dead horse and put some guidelines for the probie thread.

The seller must send a new PM (in case someone removed themselves) the offender to let them know their unsettled matter is in the discussion thread.

It tells the offender they have 2 - 4 days to respond (whatever everyone thinks is best) in there.

Then good ole boys or not everyone gets a fair shake.

Guidelines only work if everyone follows them sir.

Some members think at 30 days that "times up"... tack 'em on the list.

Others follow their instincts and give buyers however long they need.

You probably couldn't get anyone to agree on a set plan.

... but what do I know...I've been called petty and had my thread bashed by a good ole' boy this weekend. :(

No, I get that comix and agree to an extent. However, chunky wasn't even given a chance to respond or have anyone chime in in his defense. He was just immediately added. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been added for what happened, I'm just saying he should have been given more than an hour to respond or have people he's done business with come to his defense.

He should have been given a chance to respond, I agree.

Chris...shaddup

I was trying to keep it down, didn't want to disturb your nap.

So seriously how about stop flogging this dead horse and put some guidelines for the probie thread.

The seller must send a new PM (in case someone removed themselves) the offender to let them know their unsettled matter is in the discussion thread.

It tells the offender they have 2 - 4 days to respond (whatever everyone thinks is best) in there.

Then good ole boys or not everyone gets a fair shake.

Seconded. It goes:

1. Buyer & seller have 30 days to complete their transaction. After that, either party can bring it to this thread.

2. Once it's brought up here, the alleged offender gets a PM alerting them that they're on trial for their life, and have 48 hours to respond. Two days sounds long enough to me, after already waiting 30. And if the accused should miss the PM for whatever reason, it's only the Probies List, not the HOS we're talking about. You can always offer your side of the story, or make restitution, and have yourself removed.

3. If there's no response after 48 hours, or the mob has ruled, the List gets updated as appropriate.

Deal?

Guidelines only work if everyone follows them sir.

Some members think at 30 days that "times up"... tack 'em on the list.

Others follow their instincts and give buyers however long they need.

You probably couldn't get anyone to agree on a set plan.

... but what do I know...I've been called petty and had my thread bashed by a good ole' boy this weekend. :(

:acclaim:

I know youve been called worse.