• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Would they know the witness was in the turnk?

First they would have to know what it was to then know there was a witness in it.

:grin:

:baiting:

Now come on Bocso! I have to maintain my reputation at times. Actually I edited it as you were posting. But I like your sytle.

I threw him in the trunk. The director yelled "Cut!". He had landed with his leg resting atop the trunk lip. The dynamic was blown. Take 17.

Could we add Chunkybutt to the list. I have been holding a stack of books for him since february. I have made contact with him recently, sent a total and he has not responded. I am tired of chasing the guy for the money. I will notify him of this post and allow him to chime in as per the rules. The guy is really nice, I do like him. But leaving me with little to no responses for so long brings me to this.

If he completes the sale, I will return and ask him to be removed.

Looks like you've been patient enough and followed all the standard guidelines. He will be added to the probation list.

I am utterly shocked here.

I admit I am a new guy, a new guy who has completed dozens of transactions (all as buyer) with several board members. Every single board member has been immediately paid upon agreed price.

Like I told ressurection in my first response, I do not remember ever getting into a deal with him, I remember being in talks with someone over some Thor books back in Februaury before I could not get back on the net.

I asked what books they were and if he had a link to the post as I could find no links except our past deals (by the way all of which were flawless transactions)

he responded with a price and a threat to put me on probation list.

The price was $50 I think. I am not a welch, I have spent over $2,000 this month alone (well June actually) with board members, I am not a complainer even though I have been waiting over a month for books now from a certain member who has not responded yet and I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks for books being held up by canadian post.

The fact that I was not given 24hrs to respond to this kinda pisses me off.

I am sending Resurrection his $50, burn the fukin books I do not want them.

Edited by chunkybutt

But of course no point in hearing the other side of the story. doh!

Good thing he wasn't added immediately. Oh wait. :eyeroll:

Can you explain a little more what you are trying to say, Jeff? Should all transactions be given time for both parties to respond, no matter the situation?

Just asking - not looking to cause an argument.

Can you explain a little more what you are trying to say, Jeff? Should all transactions be given time for both parties to respond, no matter the situation?

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

BTW, I think Pat also has the right to read Chunkybutt's response and answer.

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

Sharon, I appreciate your point. And this situation with Chunkybutt definitely shows confusion between the parties involved.

My concern is there are different situations that come up, and not all may make sense to handle them the same. Especially if there is repeat history involved, or many parties impacted. But like I said, not looking to fight over the topic. Was just interested in the stance taken.

I can't imagine a situation that could occur on this thread that requires us to take away the right of the accused to respond to an accusation.

I know I have not agreed with the responses of some, not believed them, but to not give someone the opportunity to respond?

I'm not arguing, I'm just dumbfounded.:shrug:

I can't imagine a situation that could occur on this thread that requires us to take away the right of the accused to respond to an accusation.

I know I have not agreed with the responses of some, not believed them, but to not give someone the opportunity to respond?

I'm not arguing, I'm just dumbfounded.:shrug:

We have seen many situations where people have been validly wronged or inconvenienced(some blatently obvious), and other situations were, when the details are brought out from both sides, that the true situation lay somewhere in the middle. Hence a group process that (hopefully) keeps things rational.

What she said. The point was made concerning Holy Ghost by Sharon and I believe Poverty Row.

Well this instance has been resolved there is no need for resurrection to respond unless he feels wronged by getting paid for books I do not want.

He was paid imediately after my post, I still do not know what books they are.

I would appreciate it if the person who so quickly put me on the probation list removes me as swiftly so I can proceed to fund the hobby, if not you guys all lost a (in my opinion) valuable asset to the financial end of the hobby.

Eric

Well this instance has been resolved there is no need for resurrection to respond unless he feels wronged by getting paid for books I do not want.

He was paid imediately after my post, I still do not know what books they are.

I would appreciate it if the person who so quickly put me on the probation list removes me as swiftly so I can proceed to fund the hobby, if not you guys all lost a (in my opinion) valuable asset to the financial end of the hobby.

Eric

Hey Eric, the person that can ask that you be removed from the list is the same one that recommended you be put on.

Since making payment have you been in contact with them about putting the issue to rest?

Well Jazzman put me on list without hearing my side of the story. Shall I post a screen shot of my payment to Rthosemynormajeans so I can be removed? Or does the probation work as double standards where anyone can put you on without you knowing but you must beg to be removed?

I am confused

What she said. The point was made concerning Holy Ghost by Sharon and I believe Poverty Row.

See, I see Holyghost as a different situation completely from a confusing board purchase.

Brad drives out to not-the-nicest of areas in Chicago to look over a small but valuable collection. He looks the books over, agrees on a price with the broker (Holyghost doesn't even own the books - he is doing a deal for someone else), and then Brad agrees to meet them at a more comfortable halfway point the next day to exchange cash. That's a point he didn't share on here - Holyghost made it clear he wanted cash brought to the meeting, and no other form of payment. And we are talking thousands of dollars - not tens of dollars.

So Brad goes to head out the next day to honor the transaction, and it turns out the seller spun right around and brokered another deal for more money.

Between how he handled himself on here already in trying to put books up for sale inappropriately and without much effort to honor the board expectations, and then this face-to-face "bring cash or nothing" deal that then ended up having double-dealing going on, what's the expectation what he would share with the group?

I agree - someone should have their day in court when appropriate. It was a little rushed in adding him to the list. So what should the norm be around here for a response once a probation-pending situation is brought up?

Well Jazzman put me on list without hearing my side of the story. Shall I post a screen shot of my payment to Rthosemynormajeans so I can be removed? Or does the probation work as double standards where anyone can put you on without you knowing but you must beg to be removed?

I am confused

Don't post the screen shot. I would recommend not to worry about being on the list for right now, just do what you can and follow up with the seller to see where the situation stands from his end and see it can be amicably resolved. The List issue can be addressed separately.

I am confused

I can see Pat turning around and requesting you be removed from the list. And it is really that simple - no begging involved for such a simple situation that involved confusion.

But others that have been off-and-on a few times, those folks should have been put on some period of "removed probation" as later on it turned out to get worse, not better.

See, I see Holyghost as a different situation completely from a confusing board purchase.

Brad drives out to not-the-nicest of areas in Chicago to look over a small but valuable collection. He looks the books over, agrees on a price with the broker (Holyghost doesn't even own the books - he is doing a deal for someone else), and then Brad agrees to meet them at a more comfortable halfway point the next day to exchange cash. That's a point he didn't share on here - Holyghost made it clear he wanted cash brought to the meeting, and no other form of payment. And we are talking thousands of dollars - not tens of dollars.

So Brad goes to head out the next day to honor the transaction, and it turns out the seller spun right around and brokered another deal for more money.

Between how he handled himself on here already in trying to put books up for sale inappropriately and without much effort to honor the board expectations, and then this face-to-face "bring cash or nothing" deal that then ended up having double-dealing going on, what's the expectation what he would share with the group?

I agree - someone should have their day in court when appropriate. It was a little rushed in adding him to the list. So what should the norm be around here for a response once a probation-pending situation is brought up?

The point is, this is just his side of the story. How is that confusing? There's no judgment of Brad here, or any distrust, it's a question of leaving a little time for both sides to participate in the process, if they so desire. It's only a day or two, right?

I can say from my own experience that I've left a deal midway, thinking it was still pretty much up in the air, only to find that the other party was under the impression that it had been sealed. This stuff happens. It's kinda a shame that it's holyghost we're talking about here, because he seems so very untrustworthy, but still...

I would think that proposing a 48 hour time period for anyone to respond or contribute, not just the accused, would be reasonable as I do not believe there is a set time right now. The information(recap) that comix4fun post about holyghost would be a good example of other information not related to the specific transaction gone bad but relevant to the overall behavior.

Remember, some people are not here everyday and we should allow some patience in dealing with issues before adding to the Probation List(unless it is a significant issue), it may not always work out but at least allows for us to be reasonable.

The point is, this is just his side of the story. How is that confusing? There's no judgment of Brad here, or any distrust, it's a question of leaving a little time for both sides to participate in the process, if they so desire. It's only a day or two, right?

I can say from my own experience that I've left a deal midway, thinking it was still pretty much up in the air, only to find that the other party was under the impression that it had been sealed. This stuff happens. It's kinda a shame that it's holyghost we're talking about here, because he seems so very untrustworthy, but still...

Oh, I get the point. No worries there. That's why I ended it with asking what is a reasonable time that should then be expected for all transactions going forward? Should it be 3-4 days so you allow time for folks that do not log on here every day?

And you are so right about confusion at times around here on rare occasions. It can make things painful, but at least it isn't happening every day.

:wishluck: